It is currently March 28th, 2024, 7:39 pm

Cant delete rainmeter folder

Get help with installing and using Rainmeter.
Devkibet

Cant delete rainmeter folder

Post by Devkibet »

Hello,its reached a moment when the software can load anything anymore,its default illustro skin disappeared;i then decided to uninstall it then re-install it again,nothing changed.when i tried to delete the skins i was trying to create,they couldnt delete.when i uninstalled it again and deleted remaining files in documents folder,it couldnt dlt either,unlike appdata one,i have used the cmd sfc /scannow,no violations....am new here thanks
Devkibet

Re: Cant delete rainmeter folder

Post by Devkibet »

my problem is that right now,rainmeter isnt loading any skin,not even its default one.re installing it doesnt change anthing,deleting remnant files after uninstalling isnt succesful bcoz the file cant get deleted,specifically the one in C:\Users\name\Documents-what remains in here are all my skins only-
Devkibet

Post by Devkibet »

in addition,when i click on it at start menu,notthing happens,as if no action was made by user.at control pannel/programms and features it shows me that rainmeter is installed,,,its so frustrating
mak_kawa

Post by mak_kawa »

Hi Devkibet

What do you mean by "couldn't delete"? Permission denied? You couldn't delete it even with administrator privilege? If the Documents folder is your documents folder, you should have full ownership for it, strange as dvo said.

Or... isn't Rainmeter still running when you tried to delete the skin folder? Better to check with Task Manager.
Devkibet

Post by Devkibet »

Yea,am on windows 10 pro,64 bit...about the 'couldnt delete' dlting by right clicking the documents rainmeter folder after selecting it doesnt do anything,it remains there,...am sure that its not running while i try to dlt it...in addition my skins folder that i had created: the config file doesnt open, a window saying invalid handle pops...
Ill try the software youve recommended,thakyou
Devkibet

Post by Devkibet »

Its now working,no more crashes,however i notice that colours dont change, fonts remain black,background solid colours remain grey;when i try to use image,whole skin disappears,bars remain green-i am referring to skins i develop...how is this solved..
Devkibet

Post by Devkibet »

Ones i create myself,i thought colour should change as i configure them