It is currently March 28th, 2024, 3:14 pm

Having issues with AudioLevel Plugin

General topics related to Rainmeter.
HypeFree

Having issues with AudioLevel Plugin

Post by HypeFree »

I know this has been an issue brought up about a billion times, as I've read through most of the stuff I could find and tried a ton of different fixes with no luck so this is my last hope.

I was looking to set up a fairly basic Visualizer skin that just pulsed to music. I couldn't figure out how to get it work and thought it was with my skin itself and spent a couple hours looking around online and couldn't find a fix. Finally decided to start looking into issues with Rainmeter after checking the skins section in the log and seeing that MeasureAudio wasn't doing anything.

I went through everything on a thread posted to these forums including the extras on the bottom. After all that I was feeling pretty defeated as I didn't know what it was. Saw something about having extra audio services running so I uninstalled Peace Equalizer APO however that still didn't fix it. I finally found out switching to Port=Input will allow the visualizer to work. So I switched back to Port=Output and then decided to try my monitor speakers as a default playback device. That also worked with the visualizers.

But I can't find anything on specific devices not working or why they wouldn't be working. I'm using a HyperX Cloud Alpha headset labeled as High Definition Audio Device in the audio manager. When I refresh the ExampleAudioLevelSpectrum skin or reload it I don't get any errors. I get "Releasing Dummy Stream audio device." -> "Releasing audio device" -> "Reading file: path to Rainmeter.ini" -> "Reading file: Path to skin". And then nothing else regarding that skin.

Any help would be greatly appreciated or something to check that wasn't on the list of things as I went through and did all those already to no avail. I'm also not super fluent in Rainmeter, I pretty much learned everything I know about the program tonight (over the last ~5 hours) while trying to figure this out so explaining it like I'm 5 could potentially be a plus.

TL;DR AudioLevel works with certain devices set as default playback devices but not others.
HypeFree

Re: Having issues with AudioLevel Plugin

Post by HypeFree »

One thing I'd like to add is that when I tried to manually add the device ID from the Audio Device skin it said that it couldn't find the audio device and just kept repeating that error, if that helps at all.

Edit the exact error is: "Audio output device '{413ca8eb-d7d5-4af1-bd6e-da6e29ef548e}' not found (error 0x80070057)." which is some kind of Windows error that could be a bunch of different stuff, so that's fun :???: . I'll start working through those tomorrow, until then, any other ideas would be appreciated. I also tried without the brackets because I wasn't sure if they were supposed to be there and got the same error, so I'm assuming that wasn't the issue.
eclectic-tech
Rainmeter Sage

Post by eclectic-tech »

I attached a skin package, "AudioLevel Device List" that contains a skin and Lua script, by JSMorley, to return the known device list from your computer.

I would install this package. It will load that skin and display the devices found by the plugin.
AudioDevices.jpg
Verify that the plugin can see your devices.

I am sure you are aware you need to refresh your skin when you change devices.
I have seen some specialized audio devices that will not work with AudioLevel and that may be the case.

Since the visualizers work with speakers, it is probably an issue with your headphone system, but not having that hardware make it impossible to suggest options.
Attachments
AudioLevel Device List_1.0.0.rmskin
(1.38 KiB) Downloaded 66 times
Yincognito
Rainmeter Sage

Post by Yincognito »

HypeFree wrote: August 11th, 2020, 9:14 amEdit the exact error is: "Audio output device '{413ca8eb-d7d5-4af1-bd6e-da6e29ef548e}' not found (error 0x80070057)."
If that's the EXACT error message you're getting, this means you didn't properly set the ID option of the AudioLevel parent measure, because it should look like:
Audio output device '{0.0.0.00000000}.{5c106e65-26b4-4d05-a9bf-b207a71e9eaa}' not found (error 0x80070490).
Notice the part in red. This is what I get if I set the sample ID in the manual on my AudioLevel parent measure (obviously, because it doesn't exist on my system).
Yincognito
Rainmeter Sage

Post by Yincognito »

dvo wrote: August 13th, 2020, 10:08 am this is a very advanced headset with usb and mini-jack option controlled by software so it's not really a simple device...
win 10 has some issues with usb sometimes not detecting things ...
Probably so, yes. In any case, the advices folks posted assume that Windows is able to detect the device. If it's not, well, no plugin is going to help one overcome that...
Yincognito
Rainmeter Sage

Post by Yincognito »

dvo wrote: August 13th, 2020, 10:34 am i see all of mine 7 i count... :D
7?! :jawdrop How many ears do you have, dvo? O.O
Yincognito
Rainmeter Sage

Post by Yincognito »

dvo wrote: August 14th, 2020, 3:47 pm i guess two, will check it for you in the mirror : :D yes 2 one left and one right ... :o
Ah, yes. Just a simple stereo device then... :D
Yincognito
Rainmeter Sage

Post by Yincognito »

dvo wrote: August 14th, 2020, 4:25 pm Yes really simple.... only Hi-res
Yeah, well, I was just joking a bit before. ;-) Anyway, I suppose once Windows sees the device, AudioLevel sees it too - at least that's what should happen.
Yincognito
Rainmeter Sage

Post by Yincognito »

dvo wrote: August 16th, 2020, 4:37 am i just like good music ;-)
Of course you do. :thumbup: