It is currently April 20th, 2024, 12:02 am

Weather Skins Not Working

Get help with creating, editing & fixing problems with skins
brax64

Re: Weather Skins Not Working - This is the only allowed thread about this

Post by brax64 »

Yincognito wrote: July 30th, 2020, 11:56 pm

the link seems to work for US locations, but doesn't for other "less domestic" locations - I live in Europe and can't find my location, for example.
I'm so sorry, went back to check that website and I did find a note that says "Currently only the US and UK have street-level detail", I missed it the first time... my apologies...

Cheers
TheRealDjElite

Post by TheRealDjElite »

Manually edited JSBarometer files and it worked. Tried to do it with Circle Weather... and nopes. I believe HiTBiT did some of the code in Spanish (Datos = Data). Dunno if that's why the manual fix didn't work for his skin. I figured symbols wouldn't have mattered since I'm not changing words.

BTW, thanks for the temp fix, guys. You rock.

EDIT: DOH! I missed a few " that were supposed to be changed to //". LOL
Si hoc legere scis nimium eruditionis habes. Fac ut vivas.
EeK

Post by EeK »

I'd like to thank jsmorley for providing the fix and apologize for posting in the incorrect thread. :thumbup:

I only searched the Tips/Guides forum for answers before posting, so I couldn't find this thread. :oops:

Edit: Just to make sure, I only have one "WeatherComJSONMeasures.inc" file, so I opened it in Notepad and used "Replace All". Aside from the modification to "WeatherComJSONVariables.inc", is that really all there needs to be done?
Last edited by EeK on July 31st, 2020, 3:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
jsmorley
Developer

Post by jsmorley »

EeK wrote: July 31st, 2020, 3:08 am I'd like to thank jsmorley for providing the fix and apologize for posting in the incorrect thread. :thumbup:

I only searched the Tips/Guides forum for answers before posting, so I couldn't find this thread. :oops:

Edit: Just to make sure, I only have one "WeatherComJSONMeasures.inc" file, so I just opened it in Notepad and used "Replace All". Aside from the modification to "WeatherComJSONVariables.inc", is that really all there needs to be done?
I will be posting an entirely new set of @Include .inc files sometime tomorrow. I'd wait for that...
EeK

Post by EeK »

jsmorley wrote: July 31st, 2020, 3:14 am I will be posting an entirely new set of @Include .inc files sometime tomorrow. I'd wait for that...
Oh, okay, cool! For now, even though I only edited the two files I mentioned, everything seems to be working correctly.

I do use English as my language, though. People seem to be having issues with other languages.
jsmorley
Developer

Post by jsmorley »

EeK wrote: July 31st, 2020, 3:16 am Oh, okay, cool! For now, even though I only edited the two files I mentioned, everything seems to be working correctly.

I do use English as my language, though. People seem to be having issues with other languages.
Right. The new approach I'll be posting sometime tomorrow will deal with the language issues.
Kashegan

Post by Kashegan »

brax64 wrote: July 31st, 2020, 1:12 am HI,
You might want to download the complete .inc set file made by jsmorley and replace your old ones; it's the fastest and easier way to get you up and running in no time without getting crazy to find out what went wrong while you were editing your files.
You may find th new .inc files here

https://forum.rainmeter.net/download/file.php?id=22526

Cheeers

maybe I'm dim. I've downloaded the .inc files but can't locate where to replace the old ones. can someone help, please?
brax64

Post by brax64 »

Kashegan wrote: July 31st, 2020, 8:57 am maybe I'm dim. I've downloaded the .inc files but can't locate where to replace the old ones. can someone help, please?
You've to store those files in the @Resources folder of the skin that is using them
SilverAzide
Rainmeter Sage

Post by SilverAzide »

Kashegan wrote: July 31st, 2020, 8:57 am maybe I'm dim. I've downloaded the .inc files but can't locate where to replace the old ones. can someone help, please?
Typically it is: C:\Users\<your-user-name>\Documents\Rainmeter\Skins\<your-weather-skin-or-skin-suite>\@Resources.
Gadgets Wiki GitHub More Gadgets...
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Post by balala »

SilverAzide wrote: July 31st, 2020, 11:31 am Typically it is: C:\Users\<your-user-name>\Documents\Rainmeter\Skins\<your-weather-skin-or-skin-suite>\@Resources.
Well, in my opinion, better would be to say it's Documents\Rainmeter\Skins\<your-weather-skin-or-skin-suite>\@Resources. Because in many cases the Documents folder is places not in the C:\Users\<your-user-name>.