It is currently July 27th, 2024, 7:43 am

Weather Skins Not Working

Get help with creating, editing & fixing problems with skins
SysATI

Re: Weather Skins Not Working

Post by SysATI »

Yincognito wrote: May 16th, 2024, 4:18 pm In the case of SONDER, change the value of the APIKey variable in the ...\SONDER\@Resources\Variables.inc file as instructed, save the file and refresh the skin.
Thetre's no APIKey variable in that file...

I have another skin that is using that variable and it fixed it...
But for Sonder I can't find that variable anywhere ?
Yincognito
Rainmeter Sage

Post by Yincognito »

SysATI wrote: May 16th, 2024, 5:03 pm Thetre's no APIKey variable in that file...

I have another skin that is using that variable and it fixed it...
But for Sonder I can't find that variable anywhere ?
It is there, if using the original skin at:
https://www.deviantart.com/michaelpurses/art/Sonder-Rainmeter-skin-838147223

That being said, there are such commented occurrences all over the place in other .inc files from that skin, and if you're using a modified version, it might explain why you couldn't find it. :confused:

Just use a program that automatically searches for strings in the files from a folder and its subfolders, to find it the easy way. I use Total Commander instead of Windows Explorer, and it's trivial to do it there, but there are other ways too.
Profiles: Rainmeter ProfileDeviantArt ProfileSuites: MYiniMeterSkins: Earth
SysATI

Post by SysATI »

I was using the original version....

But not the last one :? :oops:
seanx

Post by seanx »

Yincognito wrote: May 16th, 2024, 4:18 pm In the case of SONDER, change the value of the APIKey variable in the ...\SONDER\@Resources\Variables.inc file as instructed, save the file and refresh the skin.
perfect,
thank you very much for your help :)
anbr07

Post by anbr07 »

Yincognito wrote: May 16th, 2024, 3:53 pm Your suggestion was actually followed a long time ago, see here:
https://forum.rainmeter.net/viewtopic.php?t=35770#p180633

Not sure about it since it's been a while since the post was made, but that reply might refer to the earlier attempts to parse the JSON contents that's embedded in the weather.com page itself (which, as far as I know, only I still do in my skins, to offer an alternate way to get data without bothering with an api key), or, even more likely, to a somewhat similar issue in the separate JSON that has since been fixed. The current way of getting weather data based on the separate JSON and the .inc files I linked to doesn't require any special handling besides what's already done in the @include files, and, of course occasional adjustment of the api key when such a change occurs.
I don't quite understand. How can code from 2020 fix this current issue?
Yincognito
Rainmeter Sage

Post by Yincognito »

SysATI wrote: May 16th, 2024, 5:36 pm I was using the original version....

But not the last one :? :oops:
seanx wrote: May 16th, 2024, 5:48 pm perfect,
thank you very much for your help :)
:great:
Yincognito
Rainmeter Sage

Post by Yincognito »

anbr07 wrote: May 16th, 2024, 5:57 pm I don't quite understand. How can code from 2020 fix this current issue?
Because all that's changed in the weather.com source since then is the API key, that's it. Therefore, those .inc files will work for any skin properly using them via the @include options, as long as the value of the variable that stores the said key in the .inc files is changed to the current value.
anbr07

Post by anbr07 »

Yincognito wrote: May 16th, 2024, 6:52 pm Because all that's changed in the weather.com source since then is the API key, that's it. Therefore, those .inc files will work for any skin properly using them via the @include options, as long as the value of the variable that stores the said key in the .inc files is changed to the current value.
Thanks! Now i have replaced the files, refreshed the weather skin, but the window still keeps being empty.
Yincognito
Rainmeter Sage

Post by Yincognito »

anbr07 wrote: May 16th, 2024, 8:31 pm Thanks! Now i have replaced the files, refreshed the weather skin, but the window still keeps being empty.
No problem, you're welcome. If you also reveal what weather skin you're using (or at least, how the .ini looks like and if it has the proper @include options), you might just find out why it's still empty. By the way, if you're still using SilverAzide's Gadgets, he updated his suite recently.
Modon55

Post by Modon55 »

Hi, I installed SmallCleanWeather months ago. I had the problem with the APIKey back then. When I replaced the API Key with 21d8a80b3d6b444998a80b3d6b1449d3, the skin worked. Until now, because since the day before yesterday I suddenly get this error spammed into the console every second:

Invalid TimeStampFormat: %Y-%m-%dT%H:%M:%S (SmallCleanWeather\SmallCleanWeather High Low - Fade Effect - New.ini - [@ForecastDay15SunsetTime])

I then get this error:
ImageName: Unable to open: C:\Users\MyUserName\Documents\Rainmeter\Skins\SmallCleanWeather\@Resources\Images\Sergey\\6.png (SmallCleanWeather\SmallCleanWeather High Low - Fade Effect - New.ini)

SmallCleanWeather Skin: https://www.deviantart.com/zivallh/art/Small-Clean-Weather-Animated-846548068
I get an error message for every file in Images\Sergey\. I also tried restarting my pc or reinstalling Rainmeter and the skin. Nothing worked.

I hope someone has an idea and I would appreciate an answer.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.