It is currently December 6th, 2022, 2:27 pm

Weather Skins Not Working

Get help with creating, editing & fixing problems with skins
Developer

Re: Weather Skins Not Working

Post by Developer »

Hello Boys and Girls.

Im new in this Forum (just joined for a couple of minutes) but im already looking for around a week for a solution.

My issue here is, that i use a skin from a member from here (he is inactive since 2 1/2 years so no way to contact him :7) but im also not a developer/programmer itself, as my name probably suggests.

So, why i write here.
Well to say it shortly, the skin i use still use the old Location Code and i have absolutly no clue how to change this to the new location code (so before it was BUXX0005 and now weather.com as example shows 20d04d4f3580233b39aa2fb7261fc139f2eef1f866900f0a94f16d7f5eed89a0).

Since im new, im not sure if i can just share the original thread from where i got the skin, so if needed i can posts the link here (its also from this forum) else i can share it over DM if maybe someone can help me.

It would be very appreciated.

[Edit] i ask here for a way to change it or help to change it since i wanted to keep the skin itself but also for possible new skins

Best regards
SilverAzide
Rainmeter Sage

Post by SilverAzide »

Developer wrote: October 6th, 2022, 6:45 pm
Those location short codes were deprecated by weather.com years ago, and the other "long codes" you are referring to were also deprecated. Now weather.com uses latitude/longitudes. Any skin written before 2021 or so is most likely dead and needs rework.

Post the link to the skin you are having issues with, or if the skin has its own topic in the Share Your Creations forum, just post your question in that topic.

You might want to look at the curated list of weather skins here: Weather Skins.

There are also some tutorials that can tell you how to convert an old skin to the new method that uses a set of templates:
Weather.com - Parsing the V3 JSON
Step-by-Step Basic Weather Skin Tutorial
Gadgets Wiki GitHub More Gadgets...
Developer

Post by Developer »

Thanks there, i reportest my question now in the original thread, but i will also go trough your 2 links here. maybe i can figure out my issue on my own ^^.

Best regards