It is currently March 29th, 2024, 5:49 am

Weather Skins Not Working

Get help with creating, editing & fixing problems with skins
Yincognito
Rainmeter Sage

Re: Weather Skins Not Working

Post by Yincognito »

balala wrote: July 23rd, 2021, 8:46 pm Well, in fact I'm still waiting for vijayFH's SideBar, because that one is the one we (I) should work with. Thanks, but still waiting...
I know. I tried to help you in some way, but as I mentioned, it wasn't enough because the INI you had to work with didn't work as in Vijay's screenshots. :confused:
Profiles: Rainmeter ProfileDeviantArt ProfileSuites: MYiniMeterSkins: Earth
Yincognito
Rainmeter Sage

Post by Yincognito »

vijayFH wrote: July 22nd, 2021, 2:51 pmIs it possible to bring this Weather Skin back to life? Weather is not working. :(
I don't know my way around, I would be very happy if someone could help me.
This is the City, where i live. https://www.yahoo.com/news/weather/germany/hesse/langen-670056
Some corrections for my Vista Rainbar fork I posted earlier:
- rename the ...\Vista Rainbar\Weather\img\Full.png image to ...\Vista Rainbar\Weather\img\Full Moon.png and the ...\Vista Rainbar\Weather\img\Full+.png image to ...\Vista Rainbar\Weather\img\Full Moon+.png (I actually did that when first packaging the skin, but forgot to do it for the package that I eventually posted above)
- remove the + 12 part, and replace the + 13 part with + 1 after MeasureSunS in the [MeasureBlack], [MeasureOrange], [MeasureOrange2], [MeasureEtoiles], [MeasureMoon] and [MeasureSun] measures (I assumed the form of their Formulas was correct in the original skin and couldn't test whether they work as expected for the night because it was still day when posting, but basically the old wxdata/weather.com data used to show the rise/set times for the following day instead of the current day like weather.com does now, so the formulas were tailored for the old source data which is now defunct, and had to be slightly adapted)
- optionally, you can replace the Substitute line from [MeasureLocationFull] with:

Code: Select all

Substitute=", ,":",","^, , $":"Middle Of Nowhere","(?U)^(.*), (.*), (.*), (.*)$":"\1, \3, \4"
to show a meaningful text when the latitude / longitude of the location being set doesn't point out to any actual human settlement

Therefore...

Day:
Day.jpg
Night:
Night.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
vijayFH

Post by vijayFH »

Hi Yincognito and hi balala,

i´m just now back from work, and my wife has cooked our son favorite meal.
When i´m finish with eat, i wil give you my feedback.

For first, thats look great on the pic, you both are genius. Well done. :thumbup: Thanks again to you.

Will be back soon.

Lg
vijay
Der Computer ist die logische Weiterentwicklung
des Menschen: Intelligenz ohne Moral.
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Post by balala »

Yincognito wrote: July 23rd, 2021, 10:22 pm - rename the ...\Vista Rainbar\Weather\img\Full.png image to ...\Vista Rainbar\Weather\img\Full Moon.png and the ...\Vista Rainbar\Weather\img\Full+.png image to ...\Vista Rainbar\Weather\img\Full Moon+.png (I actually did that when first packaging the skin, but forgot to do it for the package that I eventually posted above)
A few (many?) years ago, when I've been working with the SideBar, the @Resources folder hadn't been added to Rainmeter yet, but in meantime it had been. So according to the "new rules" I'd tend to move all images into the @Resources folder.
Yincognito
Rainmeter Sage

Post by Yincognito »

balala wrote: July 24th, 2021, 5:10 pm A few (many?) years ago, when I've been working with the SideBar, the @Resources folder hadn't been added to Rainmeter yet, but in meantime it had been. So according to the "new rules" I'd tend to move all images into the @Resources folder.
Agreed, but my idea was to make only minimal changes to the files / structure of that skin, just enough to make the weather work. If I moved those images according to the current standard, I would have had to change paths, substitutes, and so on. That was something I tried very much to avoid - after all, like I said in the beginning, I didn't sign up to rewrite old skins, just make things work where it is possible with a reasonable amount of work. ;-)
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Post by balala »

Yincognito wrote: July 24th, 2021, 5:19 pm Agreed, but my idea was to make only minimal changes to the files / structure of that skin, just enough to make the weather work. If I moved those images according to the current standard, I would have had to change paths, substitutes, and so on. That was something I tried very much to avoid - after all, like I said in the beginning, I didn't sign up to rewrite old skins, just make things work where it is possible with a reasonable amount of work. ;-)
Yep, right. :great:
vijayFH

Post by vijayFH »

Hi Yincognito,

first i must say, you don´t know how you make a old man happy, i can´t explain this in words

only

God bless you and your family, you did me a big favor, and i don´t know how can i make it good, you are a good person, and i will pray for you that´s all your dreams and wishes come true. Thank you so much for your help.
Thank you that you have take of your private time to slove my problems with the ini.files. Thanks again, you brought smile in my face again. One day i will tell you, why i wanted this old Weather sektion of Vista Rainbar. I have very fond memories of it, together with my nephew, who is unfortunately no longer here. :(
Thank you very much.

rename the ...\Vista Rainbar\Weather\img\Full.png image to ...\Vista Rainbar\Weather\img\Full Moon.png and the ...\Vista Rainbar\Weather\img\Full+.png image to ...\Vista Rainbar\Weather\img\Full Moon+.png
The image name is now : Full Moon+.png

remove the + 12 part, and replace the + 13 part with + 1 after MeasureSunS in the [MeasureBlack], [MeasureOrange], [MeasureOrange2], [MeasureEtoiles], [MeasureMoon] and [MeasureSun] measures
Is that correct ?

[MeasureBlack]
Measure=Calc
Formula=((MeasureTime + MeasureZone) < MeasureSunR) || ((MeasureTime + MeasureZone) > (MeasureSunS + 13 +1 )) ? (1) : (-1)
IfAboveValue=0
IfAboveAction=!Execute [!RainmeterShowMeter Black][!RainmeterHideMeter Blue][!RainmeterShowMeter BlackDeco][!RainmeterHideMeter BlueDeco][!RainmeterRedraw]
IfBelowValue=0
IfBelowAction=!Execute [!RainmeterHideMeter Black][!RainmeterShowMeter Blue][!RainmeterHideMeter BlackDeco][!RainmeterShowMeter BlueDeco][!RainmeterRedraw]
optionally, you can replace the Substitute line from [MeasureLocationFull] with:

Substitute=", ,":",","^, , $":"Middle Of Nowhere","(?U)^(.*), (.*), (.*), (.*)$":"\1, \3, \4"
I have replaced, when i refresh the widget i see the text "Middle of Nowhere" and then disapear. cool idea. :thumbup:

So far what you wrote i have changed it, so far so good.

I have to try to find out, why in 3 days forcaste it did not show the smal icons, as you can see in @Resources folder the smal weather icons for forcaste have name 01sm, 02sm, 03sm.... and the big weather icons have normal numbers 0, 1, 2, 3, 4.....

Instead of the smal weather icons in 3 days forcaste, it show the big weather icons but in smal size.
Where could i change it, that it show in 3 days forcaste the smal weather icons.

I know most of the user did not use Yahoo weather, but this is the one wich for me working fine, what must i change, that the Yahoo link adress can use.
I saw in the ini.file that you have add

[MeasureSunR]
Measure=String
String=[@CurrentSunriseTime]
DynamicVariables=1

[MeasureSunS]
Measure=String
String=[@CurrentSunsetTime]
DynamicVariables=1
Is that mean, that i can add the Meter for to see the time of SunRise and SunSet? Or is the MeasureSunR and SunSet for something else?

And can i add the Windspeed and Wind direction Measure and temp too?
Like:

[MeasureWindSpeed]
Measure=String
Plugin=WebParser
Url=[MeasureWeather]
Substitute="calm":"0"
DynamicVariables=1

[MeasureSpeedUnit]
Measure=String
DynamicVariables=1

[MeasureWindPeak]
Measure=String
Url=[MeasureWeather]
Substitute="N/A":"--"
DynamicVariables=1

[MeasureWindDir]
Measure=String
MaxValue=359
DynamicVariables=1

[MeterWind]
MeasureName=MeasureWindSpeed
MeasureName2=MeasureSpeedUnit
Meter=STRING
X=200
Y=66
FontColor=#TxtColor#
StringStyle=bold
FontSize=8
StringAlign=RIGHT
FontFace=#FontName#
Text=Wind: %1 %2
Antialias=1

[MeterWindPeak]
MeasureName=MeasureWindPeak
Meter=STRING
X=200
Y=65
FontColor=#TxtColor#
StringStyle=bold
FontSize=8
StringAlign=center
FontFace=#FontName#
Postfix=" km/h"
Antialias=1

[MeterTiempo]
meter=image
imagename=Clima.png
x=100
y=55

[MeterWindDir1]
Meter=IMAGE
X=100
Y=50
ImageName=nesw.png

[MeterWindDir2]
MeasureName=MeasureWindDir
Meter=ROTATOR
X=87
Y=50
W=64
H=64
ImageName=arrow1.png
OffsetX=7
OffsetY=5
StartAngle=0
RotationAngle=6.2832
And at last, look at the pic please, i don´t understand this error.
Ignore the vollmond+ png (Full Moon+.png), i have forgotton to change the name of image from english to german.
ERRO (19:38:44.913) Vista Rainbar\Weather\3\1+.ini: ImageName: Unable to open: C:\Users\vijay\OneDrive\Dokumente\Rainmeter\Skins\Vista Rainbar\Weather\3\..\img\\1+.png
I hope it is not too much inquiry, and thanks again for help.

Lg
vijay
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Post by balala »

vijayFH wrote: July 24th, 2021, 5:52 pm Is that correct ?

[MeasureBlack]
Measure=Calc
Formula=((MeasureTime + MeasureZone) < MeasureSunR) || ((MeasureTime + MeasureZone) > (MeasureSunS + 13 +1 )) ? (1) : (-1)
IfAboveValue=0
IfAboveAction=!Execute [!RainmeterShowMeter Black][!RainmeterHideMeter Blue][!RainmeterShowMeter BlackDeco][!RainmeterHideMeter BlueDeco][!RainmeterRedraw]
IfBelowValue=0
IfBelowAction=!Execute [!RainmeterHideMeter Black][!RainmeterShowMeter Blue][!RainmeterHideMeter BlackDeco][!RainmeterShowMeter BlueDeco][!RainmeterRedraw]
It probably is, but what should be taken into account is that both the !Rainmeter... bang prefix and the !Execute bang have been deprecated long time ago and shouldn't be used. However note that this for sure doesn't prevent the skins to work. And additionally it is recommended to replace the old IfActions with the newer IfConditions. Something like this:

[MeasureBlack]
Measure=Calc
Formula=(((( MeasureTime + MeasureZone ) < MeasureSunR ) || (( MeasureTime + MeasureZone ) > ( MeasureSunS + 13 +1 ))) ? 1 : (-1))
IfCondition=(#CURRENTSECTION#>=0)
IfTrueAction=[!ShowMeter "Black"][!HideMeter "Blue"][!ShowMeter "BlackDeco"][!HideMeter "BlueDeco"][!Redraw]
IfFalseAction=[!HideMeter "Black"][!ShowMeter "Blue"][!HideMeter "BlackDeco"][!ShowMeter "BlueDeco"][!Redraw]
I'm still staying on the same opinion: to can help you please pack the whole SideBar folder from the Skins folder (if all skins excepting the Weather are working - are they?), without changing or removing anything, then upload the package.
vijayFH

Post by vijayFH »

Hi balala

I hope i make this time right.

The folder that you wanted.

Is that you wanted, if not i´m little bit tired did not make rest, have be Patient with me, i must go to kitchen and make a coffee and smoke a cigarett.

I have tried add the sidebar folder, but it is to big for upload, so i have take other way.

https://www.file-upload.net/download-14643629/SideBar.zip.html

Lg
vijay
vijayFH

Post by vijayFH »

Hi balala

i did not yet insert the new modificated file by Yincognito, also the Rainbar weather ini.file.

In the Sidebar i have add the ini.file of Weather Alternativ V 1.0 modificated by Yincognito.

Lg
vijay