It is currently March 28th, 2024, 7:51 pm

Weather Skins Not Working

Get help with creating, editing & fixing problems with skins
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Re: Weather Skins Not Working

Post by balala »

vijayFH wrote: July 13th, 2021, 5:16 pm i see you have been worked very hard on Project Mirage, i must have to take time for more test, if you don´t mind.
For first look i like it, but i have to make some test, bevor i give you my Opinion.
I don't mind at all, but contrary, please make as many test as you want. And please let me know your opinion. I'd be interested in them.
vijayFH wrote: July 13th, 2021, 5:16 pm I have maked a screenshot, please look on it.
Comments / questions related to the screenshot:
  • Didn't understand the comment on Disks skin ("Only the color so la la").
  • What you mean by the comment of Calendar? What is ok with upper part and especially what isn't ok with the bottom one? Did you see you can add events (with click on the appropriate day) and / or holidays (with right-click) to any day? If you add such an event, the skin will warn you on the appropriate day. Note that if you add an event, you can set it to warn you only once, on the appropriate day, or yearly on the same day (for instance you can set a birthday, set it to every year and the skin will warn you on the same day of every year, preventing you to forget it). And one more: if you don't like it, can hide the orange part of the calendar, by unchecking the "Show day" checkbox, on the Calendar tab of the Mirage\Settings\Settings.ini skin (which you can easily open by clicking the gear icon on the menu opening when you're hovering the mouse over the skin):
    Calendar.png
  • There are more such kind of tricks, related to different skins of the suite. I should have to write a detailed description (some kind of help), but unfortunately I have no enough time.
vijayFH wrote: July 13th, 2021, 5:16 pm Because Weather Alternative 1.0 is working, but it should use the weather icons from the old Sidebar.
I suppose Yincognito does help you with this. Is he?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
vijayFH

Post by vijayFH »

Hi Yincognito

Should i remov the Weahter icon nummer, replace it with by name, for example Icon 28
28.png
, replace the number and add the name "Mostly Cloudy".
For Example Icon 29
29.png
replace the number and add the name "Partly Cloudy"

If you mean so, i will tomorrow change it, now i have to go bed, early i have to go for work.

God night and thank you very much for help.

Lg
vijay
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Der Computer ist die logische Weiterentwicklung
des Menschen: Intelligenz ohne Moral.
Yincognito
Rainmeter Sage

Post by Yincognito »

vijayFH wrote: July 13th, 2021, 7:40 pm Hi Yincognito

Should i remov the Weahter icon nummer, replace it with by name, for example Icon 28 28.png, replace the number and add the name "Mostly Cloudy".
For Example Icon 2929.png replace the number and add the name "Partly Cloudy"

If you mean so, i will tomorrow change it, now i have to go bed, early i have to go for work.

God night and thank you very much for help.

Lg
vijay
Yeah, that was more or less the general idea indeed - nothing too complicated. But even after doing so, the skin would have taken just 10 of those icons and discard the rest, simply because it was set that way in the Weather Alternative V.1.ini. Therefore...

Here's what you have to do to get Weather Alternative V.1 working:
- copy all the 00.png, 00sm.png, ... 47.png, 47sm.png icons from your OldIcons.zip you linked above to the @Resources\WeatherIcons1 folder in the Weather Alternative skin, while removing the leading zeros (e.g. 03.png becomes 3.png, and so on)
- modify the RegExp option from [MeasureWeather] in Weather Alternative V.1.ini to:

Code: Select all

RegExp=(?siU)<h1 class="city.*data-reactid="7">(.*)</h1>.*<div class="My\(2px\).*60x60\/(.*)@2x.png.*data-reactid="26">(.*)<.*<span class="Va\(t\)" data-reactid="37">(.*)</span>.*"conditionCode":(.*),
- modify the [MeasureIcon] in Weather Alternative V.1.ini to:

[MeasureIcon]
Measure=Plugin
Plugin=WebParser
URL=[MeasureWeather]
StringIndex=5
DynamicVariables=1
RegExpSubstitute=1
Substitute="^$":"44","^(.*)$":"\1sm"
- save and close the Weather Alternative V.1.ini file, load the Weather Alternative V.1 variant of the skin, right click on the skin to show its context menu and choose Custom Skin Actions --> > Weather Icons V.1

That's all. This uses the numerical value for the icons, hence the .*"conditionCode":(.*), added to the Weather regex, changing the StringIndex to get the 5th, and the modified Substitute. It also uses the small icons (those ending in sm) by default; if you want to change that, just remove the sm part at the end of the above Substitute option, like:

Substitute="^$":"44","^(.*)$":"\1"
balala wrote: July 13th, 2021, 7:34 pmI suppose Yincognito does help you with this. Is he?
Yes - "he" just did. :D Was lucky this time, you got the hardest part. :???:
Profiles: Rainmeter ProfileDeviantArt ProfileSuites: MYiniMeterSkins: Earth
vijayFH

Post by vijayFH »

Hi balala

Sorry i have test it for first time your new Skin, in short time i have give you the answer, without to check out, what all is inside in the skin.
Off course i will take time and i will test it. In short time i have take only overview, sorry my mistake.
Every day i will take time for a one sektion, and i will test it, so i can see what is good, and what could do make better, hope you don´t mind when i give you my honest opinion. Tonight i will start with the calender, and next night, you will get my feedback about the calender. :thumbup:

Hi Yincognito

In Weather Alternative V.1.ini there is no next 3 days forcaste, and this is the problem, as you see in the pic, when you look at the Sidebar in Weather section, you will see what i mean.

second problem the Background png like
Orange.png
, and
Gray.png
and the moon png
Waning Gibbous.png
, there are 7 large moon png.

The background png is for, for example blue png + Sun png thats mean Sunny day, grey png + most cloudy mean, that´s mostly cloudy.
Blue png + partly cloudy thats mean partly cloudy.

third problem is the palm tree.

i will post in next the png file that you can see the png, what i have forgotten last time.

Thanks to you both for your help.

Lg
Vijay
vijayFH

Post by vijayFH »

I forgot the png file and the 3 days forcast pic.

sorry
vijayFH

Post by vijayFH »

Sorry me again.

Weather alternative V.1 icons

look at this file, if all are Icons are added, or have i forgotten something.

Lg
vijay
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Post by balala »

vijayFH wrote: July 14th, 2021, 6:09 pm Sorry i have test it for first time your new Skin, in short time i have give you the answer, without to check out, what all is inside in the skin.
Off course i will take time and i will test it. In short time i have take only overview, sorry my mistake.
Every day i will take time for a one sektion, and i will test it, so i can see what is good, and what could do make better, hope you don´t mind when i give you my honest opinion. Tonight i will start with the calender, and next night, you will get my feedback about the calender. :thumbup:
Definitely don't mind at all, contrary: would be great you to test it and tell me your opinion. Didn't get too much feedback, so would be fine to get. Feel free to test it as much as you want and come back with observations, requests, comments or whatever.
Yincognito
Rainmeter Sage

Post by Yincognito »

vijayFH wrote: July 14th, 2021, 6:09 pmIn Weather Alternative V.1.ini there is no next 3 days forcaste, and this is the problem, as you see in the pic, when you look at the Sidebar in Weather section, you will see what i mean.
Maybe I did not make myself clear the first time, so I will repeat: I will NOT rebuild your Sidebar skin, period. What you mention here is about your Sidebar skin, and not Weather Alternative V.1, which works as expected. I made Weather Alternative V.1 work with the icons you wanted (which was what I told you I will do), and that was it - I didn't sign up to "transform" Weather Alternative V.1 into the Sidebar skin, like you suggest:
Weather Alternative Fork_1.0.0.rmskin
vijayFH wrote: July 14th, 2021, 6:09 pmsecond problem the Background png like Orange.png , and
Gray.png and the moon png Waning Gibbous.png, there are 7 large moon png.

The background png is for, for example blue png + Sun png thats mean Sunny day, grey png + most cloudy mean, that´s mostly cloudy.
Blue png + partly cloudy thats mean partly cloudy.
This is again a Sidebar related problem, not a Weather Alternative V.1 one. In fact, the latter doesn't even have a separate moon icon, just the weather icons, and those work just fine, with the "old icons", just like you wanted.
vijayFH wrote: July 14th, 2021, 6:09 pmthird problem is the palm tree.
Not my problem, sorry. :confused: Weather Alternative V.1 doesn't have a palm tree, so this is again about making Weather Alternative V.1 something which is not, i.e. the Sidebar skin.

Hopefully you don't misunderstand what I just said. I helped you do what it seemed that you wanted here. That's all. For the rest, you'd have to ask Balala, since I don't even want to ressurect such an old skin and one I have no idea which is which, like the Sidebar. It looks cool, I agree, but it's way too outdated for the modifications to be reasonably worth doing, especially since Balala said it can do it much easier than fully rewriting that skin.
Profiles: Rainmeter ProfileDeviantArt ProfileSuites: MYiniMeterSkins: Earth
vijayFH

Post by vijayFH »

Hi blala,

Sorry for delay answer.

I have tested the calender, design and color are nice, my wife say the same. :D

My question about the calender, you have been add the option (Event) to remember a for example a birth day or other important meeting or samething else.

Have you think about it, to connect the calender wir outlook Calender or with google Calender, because most of the people use hotmail, or google mail. I mean that your calender catch the information from outlook calender or gmail calender.

On main page, where we can choose what should we see on our desktop, i have started the weather.
On main page, section weather we can add " City, and "Country".
I have add my City "Langen" it is near Frankfurt.
When i add my city "Langen" and clic on apply, it get back to Munich, and in the weather widget, it show other City, look at the pic please.

ToolTipTitle Is a good idea, when mouseover action on the weather icon, you can see the other information.
I have downloaded "Robi´s Weather 3" You can see on the pic, it show all information when mouseover action on weather icon.

In weather section, it not apply other city, i have try it with coordinates Detect, it searching, but it not finding my City. I don´t know whay. :confused:

Even when i click on apply, it take about between 5 and 8 second to close main window.
My be it could be my computer hardware, because it is about 8 years old. :confused:

I will try tomorrow the other parts , i will start from the top, step by step to the botom.

I have i could help you with this information. And if there is something news about your projekt or update, plase let me know.

Hi Yincognito
Maybe I did not make myself clear the first time, so I will repeat: I will NOT rebuild your Sidebar skin,
I understood what you wrote. Don´t worry, you must not rebuild my hole sidebar, i have wrote that i have no experience in Rainmeter, and i will try to rebuild the sidebar my self, what i need is help, in kind of to show me the direction, what i have to do, i will only ask, what i should do or what i have to do, thats all.
I mean, for example, it is possible in "Weather Alternative V.1" to add 3 days forcaste, you have experience you know what have to do, so if you want show me the direction, i have only to follow the way to reach my goal.

Of course you must not give me answer of my qurstions, because you have your private life to, and your time is for you, i accept that. :thumbup:

And aggain thanks for your help, i hope when i have a question, and you have time, so you can help me, if you want. :thumbup:

Lg
vijay
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Post by balala »

vijayFH wrote: July 16th, 2021, 4:50 pm My question about the calender, you have been add the option (Event) to remember a for example a birth day or other important meeting or samething else.

Have you think about it, to connect the calender wir outlook Calender or with google Calender, because most of the people use hotmail, or google mail. I mean that your calender catch the information from outlook calender or gmail calender.
I also had such ideas a while ago, but unfortunately didn't succeed in it, so finally I renounced. Maybe if I'll have more time to work with it, I'm gonna try adding it again, but unfortunately right now I have no enough. Maybe in winter. But thanks anyway for the idea and suggestion. Will keep it in my mind.
vijayFH wrote: July 16th, 2021, 4:50 pm On main page, where we can choose what should we see on our desktop, i have started the weather.
On main page, section weather we can add " City, and "Country".
I have add my City "Langen" it is near Frankfurt.
When i add my city "Langen" and clic on apply, it get back to Munich, and in the weather widget, it show other City, look at the pic please.
Yep, you're perfectly right. Initially the city and the country had to be added manually, but after a change of weather info provider, the whole skin has been rewritten and in the new skin these are read online. Unfortunately it seems I forgot removing the appropriate, and now useless, fields from the Settings skin. I'll do it on the next version, which I already am working with.
Many thanks for catching my attention. :thumbup:
vijayFH wrote: July 16th, 2021, 4:50 pm In weather section, it not apply other city, i have try it with coordinates Detect, it searching, but it not finding my City. I don´t know whay. :confused:
Because the location detection is not accurate enough in all cases. It detects based on your IP address, but this doesn1t work all the time properly. If it doesn't, it's a good idea to add manually the geographical latitude and longitude. I suppose today it's easy to detect them with a smartphone, so if the automatic location detection fails, suggest you to manually add the location. Fortunately this has to be done only once and later you don't have to repeat it, unless you're moving.
vijayFH wrote: July 16th, 2021, 4:50 pm Even when i click on apply, it take about between 5 and 8 second to close main window.
My be it could be my computer hardware, because it is about 8 years old. :confused:
Yes, the Settings skin is quite large, in fact I never found out there any skin larger than this one. Only the Settings.ini plain text file has 1.66 MB, without any resources. There were some ideas about reducing it, for instance by dividing its code into twelve different files, one for each tab of the skin, but I wanted to keep it by one. The disadvantage is that the skin loads the CPU and this feels much more on slower and/or older computers. The loading of Settings probably takes even more time.
vijayFH wrote: July 16th, 2021, 4:50 pm And if there is something news about your projekt or update, plase let me know.
For now there is not, but I'm working on the next version (didn't decide yet if it will be 1.4 or 2), which will be scalable. This means that there will be a Scale variable and when the user sets it to a higher value than the default 1, the skins are resized accordingly. Unfortunately in summer I have no enough time to work with, but i hope sooner or later (rather later - in winter probably) will finish and after testing it, will publish it.

Thanks for your interest. There is a possibility to translate the whole Mirage to German, if you are interested. I'm not asking you to do it, because there are many - many strings to translate, but if you are interested, please let me know. However keep in mind that right now there are 770 (!!!) string to translate, so if you don't want to do it, I understand.