It is currently March 28th, 2024, 12:00 pm

Weather Skins Not Working

Get help with creating, editing & fixing problems with skins
SilverAzide
Rainmeter Sage

Re: Weather Skins Not Working - This is the only allowed thread about this

Post by SilverAzide »

jsmorley wrote: July 31st, 2020, 2:05 pm I would give my left arm for a list of all the "sections" that are available in the V3 API... ;-)
If you turn on your browser's developer tools and navigate to a site like Weather Underground (which extensively uses the V3 API), you can capture all the URLs it is calling. So far, Yincognito seems to have uncovered every one that they are using (other than incidental ones for serving ads and whatnot). It is interesting that WU makes occasional V1 and V2 calls, in addition to the main V3 ones.

FYI in case one isn't aware, Weather Underground was bought out by The Weather Channel a while ago, so WU and TWC are the same.
anbr07

Post by anbr07 »

jsmorley wrote: July 31st, 2020, 2:03 pm There is just no help I can offer just yet. I'm still working on the fixes for the .inc files to correct this issue, and while this is likely to be done a bit later today, there is just nothing you can do until then. Patience... ;-)

Once I'm done, the way we will offer help here is like this:

1) You MUST post a link to where you got the skin originally, or attach a .rmskin of the entire skin. We can't help at all if we don't have the skin in question.

2) If the skin in question uses my @Include .inc files, then we should be able to tell you what to "replace" to get things working right.

3) If the skin in question does NOT use my @Inlcude .inc files, then you will simply have to contact the author for help.
Yep, thanks. Then i will have to wait a bit.
SilverAzide
Rainmeter Sage

Post by SilverAzide »

anbr07 wrote: July 31st, 2020, 2:26 pm Yep, thanks. Then i will have to wait a bit.
You can go HERE if you don't want to wait. An updated Weather Meter will be released once the official fix is available.
anbr07

Post by anbr07 »

SilverAzide wrote: July 31st, 2020, 2:08 pm This has been discussed on the main Gadgets thread. Check this link: https://github.com/SilverAzide/Weather-Meter-Patch
Thanks, SilverAzide, but no luck so far with the patch. All i get is "...Connecting...". I have tried all three english settings. Maybe my location code Hamburg clashes with the new setting?
SilverAzide
Rainmeter Sage

Post by SilverAzide »

anbr07 wrote: July 31st, 2020, 4:14 pm Thanks, SilverAzide, but no luck so far with the patch. All i get is "...Connecting...". I have tried all three english settings. Maybe my location code Hamburg clashes with the new setting?
Hm. No, location doesn't matter. If the patch isn't working for you, then I guess it's best to wait. I'll post an update as quickly as I can once the fix is available.
anbr07

Post by anbr07 »

SilverAzide wrote: July 31st, 2020, 5:03 pm Hm. No, location doesn't matter. If the patch isn't working for you, then I guess it's best to wait. I'll post an update as quickly as I can once the fix is available.
Cool. For now, i am good having a look into my weather speed dial.
jsmorley
Developer

Post by jsmorley »

Ok, I think I have fully addressed the new issues with the weather.com site.

Please get the .rmskin at: https://forum.rainmeter.net/viewtopic.php?f=118&t=34628#p171501

Alternatively, if you have a skin that YOU wrote that was based on the @Include .inc files that come with this skin, you can simply get this:

@Includes.zip

And copy all the .inc files from that .zip into the @Resources folder of your skin.

ONE IMPORTANT NOTE!

The new approach of using the API for the weather.com JSON requires a change to how you access a particular location.

All of the location "codes", like USVA0944 or bbd510e73cb5870f973cea9253bb1f9bfe239a129dfc2b89589cbb6d2d46b4bc or 22308 and such are NO LONGER SUPPORTED.

The new approach requires that you provide a Latitude and Longitude in the WeatherComJSONVariables.inc file. See that file for details on how you can get that for your location.

Please read WeatherCOMJSONVariables.inc carefully, it HAS changed.
Yincognito
Rainmeter Sage

Post by Yincognito »

jsmorley wrote: July 31st, 2020, 5:49 pm Ok, I think I have fully addressed the new issues with the weather.com site.

Please get the .rmskin at: https://forum.rainmeter.net/viewtopic.php?f=118&t=34628#p171501
Nice work! :thumbup:
You didn't have to add me to the credits though, as I didn't make an actual contribution to the code itself, other than sharing one of the URLs I use to get the weather data myself, along with what I noticed to happen during my attempts at it. I don't mind, but feel a bit embarassed now... :oops:
jsmorley
Developer

Post by jsmorley »

Yincognito wrote: July 31st, 2020, 6:41 pm Nice work! :thumbup:
You didn't have to add me to the credits though, as I didn't make an actual contribution to the code itself, other than sharing one of the URLs I use to get the weather data myself, along with what I noticed to happen during my attempts at it. I don't mind, but feel a bit embarassed now... :oops:
You were a lot of help with this. You deserve credit...
stevietv

Post by stevietv »

perfect, thanks. I was able to drop it into a skin I customised after your last includes and it seamlessly worked.