It is currently April 27th, 2024, 7:05 pm

Weather Skins Not Working

Get help with creating, editing & fixing problems with skins
Thormaster

Re: Weather Skins Not Working

Post by Thormaster »

Yincognito wrote: August 10th, 2023, 9:30 pm The answer for JDWS-04 is above. Maybe the approach will work for Sienna too, considering they might have the same skin structure since they're from the same author...
Thank you!!! It worked!! Didn't even notice literally 1 post above is the answer to my problems!! Thank you again!!
Yincognito
Rainmeter Sage

Post by Yincognito »

Thormaster wrote: August 10th, 2023, 9:55 pm Thank you!!! It worked!! Didn't even notice literally 1 post above is the answer to my problems!! Thank you again!!
No problem - better later than never! ;-)
Profiles: Rainmeter ProfileDeviantArt ProfileSuites: MYiniMeterSkins: Earth
Arioe

Post by Arioe »

Yincognito wrote: August 9th, 2023, 7:54 pm Looks like they either changed some minor things in the output of the Nominatim site that's used to identify the location, or the regular expression pattern used in the skin to get data from that site was not entirely accounting for space characters when parsing the data. So, edit the ...\JDWS-04\@Resources\WeatherParser.inc file and replace the RegExp line from the [mLocationParent] measure to something like:

Code: Select all

RegExp=(?siU)"features":\[\{"type":"Feature","properties":\{"geocoding":\{.*,"label":"(.*)",.*,"admin":\{.*?"level\d+":"(.*)"\}\}\},"geometry":\{"type": "Point","coordinates": \[(.*), (.*)\]\}\}\]
Save the file, right click your skin, choose to refresh it, and it should work.

P.S. The RegExp above is not perfect (it's up to the author to do it, I was only interested in the solution to this), but hopefully it will work long enough.
Wow this is awesome. I was having the same issue and found this post, I created an account just to say thank you!! :thumbup:
Yincognito
Rainmeter Sage

Post by Yincognito »

Arioe wrote: August 17th, 2023, 7:03 pm Wow this is awesome. I was having the same issue and found this post, I created an account just to say thank you!! :thumbup:
You're welcome, glad you're happy with it. May the account creation bring you even more such pleasant surprises in the future! ;-)
If I'm not mistaken, the author of these weather skins updated most of them recently, so the new versions should hopefully work without any modification.
Profiles: Rainmeter ProfileDeviantArt ProfileSuites: MYiniMeterSkins: Earth
David8192

Post by David8192 »

If anyone is still facing issues with weather skin not working... Self-promotion here... :oops: just download this skin https://www.deviantart.com/david8192/art/Neonite-Blue-22-01-13-903704748. It works perfectly fine. It is also very simplified: it is not intimidating to look into it. :lol:
the DA GALLERY 8-) For some Reason, the square root of X2 does not involve X
vamp1r777

Post by vamp1r777 »

Yincognito wrote: August 17th, 2023, 7:14 pm You're welcome, glad you're happy with it. May the account creation bring you even more such pleasant surprises in the future! ;-)
If I'm not mistaken, the author of these weather skins updated most of them recently, so the new versions should hopefully work without any modification.
Hi! Can you tell me how to edit properly? I tried from the last posts, but nothing works.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Post by balala »

vamp1r777 wrote: August 25th, 2023, 8:05 pm Can you tell me how to edit properly? I tried from the last posts, but nothing works.
What is not working? Because it does for me. When downloaded the package you've posted, copied the VeryFlatWeather config into the Skins folder, refreshed Rainmeter, on load, the skin got working immediately. So what can't you get working?
vamp1r777

Post by vamp1r777 »

balala wrote: August 25th, 2023, 8:27 pm What is not working? Because it does for me. When downloaded the package you've posted, copied the VeryFlatWeather config into the Skins folder, refreshed Rainmeter, on load, the skin got working immediately. So what can't you get working?
You're right, it works. I had to use a VPN. For the last few hours, I've been getting an error, but without it, I get the error again, so. btw, thx you
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Post by balala »

vamp1r777 wrote: August 25th, 2023, 9:01 pm You're right, it works. I had to use a VPN. For the last few hours, I've been getting an error, but without it, I get the error again, so. btw, thx you
So, it is working, right? I'm glad.
vamp1r777

Post by vamp1r777 »

balala wrote: August 25th, 2023, 9:08 pm So, it is working, right? I'm glad.
Yeah, it only works with a VPN now. I don't get it.