It is currently April 19th, 2024, 6:34 am

How do I: Execute some code *10 seconds* after an Action?

Get help with creating, editing & fixing problems with skins
shiish

How do I: Execute some code *10 seconds* after an Action?

Post by shiish »

Hi there, i was wanting to make a skin execute the code below 10 seconds after a 'LeftMouseDownAction' has been performed.. is that possible? if so, how?

Here's the code i want to execute 10 seconds after a 'LeftMouseDownAction' has been performed

Code: Select all

!execute #HIDECONTENTS#[!RainmeterHideMeter OpenText2][!RainmeterHideMeter (close)][!RainmeterEnableMeasure HOLD][!RainmeterEnableMeasure REVERSE][!RainmeterShowMeter (reverse)][!RainmeterHideMeter (opened)][!RainmeterShowMeter OpenText] 

I would like to execute the ^above^ code 10 seconds afer this code has been executed:

[FirstShortcut]
Meter=IMAGE
ImageName=#FirstIcon#
X=43
Y=29
Hidden=1
H=32
LeftMouseDownAction=!Execute ["#FirstShortcut#"][!RainmeterRedraw]

i tried to use [MeasureExecuteUpdate] but failed miserably lol..
Thanks, hopefully my explanation was clear .. *also attached the .ini file*
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Alex2539
Rainmeter Sage

Re: How do I: Execute some code *10 seconds* after an Action?

Post by Alex2539 »

First things first, that skin has an update of 1. That is WAY too often. If you really need a quick update, you should try and have it at 100 as a minimum.

As for the delay, you're going to first want to add a measure like this:

[Measure10Sec]
Measure=Calc
Formula=Measure10Sec+1
IfAboveValue=99
IfAboveAction=!execute #HIDECONTENTS#[!RainmeterHideMeter OpenText2][!RainmeterHideMeter (close)][!RainmeterEnableMeasure HOLD][!RainmeterEnableMeasure REVERSE][!RainmeterShowMeter (reverse)][!RainmeterHideMeter (opened)][!RainmeterShowMeter OpenText][!RainmeterDisableMeasure Measure10Sec]
Disabled=1
Once it's enabled, it will count up from zero. If you set the update to 100, then this measure should take 10 seconds to reach a value of 100. Once it does, it will perform all of your actions, then disable itself. Then on the meter with the mouse action, all you need to do is enable that measure:

[FirstShortcut]
Meter=IMAGE
ImageName=#FirstIcon#
X=43
Y=29
Hidden=1
H=32
LeftMouseDownAction=!Execute ["#FirstShortcut#"][!RainmeterEnableMeasure Measure10Sec][!RainmeterRedraw]
That should do it.
ImageImageImageImage
shiish

Post by shiish »

wow thanks man, that works perfectly., i really appreciate it :thumbsu:
jsmorley
Developer

Post by jsmorley »

At an Update of 1, you will no longer have a "computer", but rather a "Rainmeter Appliance". ;-)