It is currently April 20th, 2024, 2:49 am

Broken Rainmeter?

Get help with creating, editing & fixing problems with skins
Saad

Broken Rainmeter?

Post by Saad »

So I installed the Omino Suite that was featured on lifehacker a couple days ago. I noticed that everything changed, even rainmeters own tray icon. After I uninstalled it, my 8bar skin just died. All the images are failing. It says "Bitmap image not found: and then the image location. I check and its their. So I check my code, and it seems fine. Everythings pointing to the right location. So I uninstalled Rainmeter, and reinstalled it, except to the latest 1.2 beta (I was running 1.1 before) and the same problem persists. I used Revo Uninstaller to make sure nothing was left behind, then CCleaner to check the registry for stray marking, and a restart just to clear the RAM, reinstall it and the same problem persists. Now I am really worried, since my skin is set to come out tommorrow, so I am asking if somebody can download my skin, and confirm that its working just fine, because I need to know.
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/3909781/8Bar.zip
If it does work (and I know it will, everythings fine) then I need to find out how I can make rainmeter work correctly, since I already have things planned for my next update to my 8Bar skin, and I need my skin functioning to make it happen. The default skin that starts with rainmeter for the first time (Enigma) works fine, so I have no idea what is going on. Please ANY help
~Saad Baig
wasky1

Re: Broken Rainmeter?

Post by wasky1 »

apparently my posts are useless but hey.
you seem to have through your skins-

#SKINSPATH#\8\Resources\Images\win.W.png ect.

instead of-

#SKINSPATH#\8Bar\Resources\Images\win.W.png

just the word "Bar" missing

tested a few they seem to work good, very nice!
Saad

Re: Broken Rainmeter?

Post by Saad »

WOW! I just realized that. Wow, I feel a little stupid to be honest haha. Yea, I changed the name to 8Bar, but I forgot to change the paths. Hmm, yea, Ima stick with "8" since I don't want to have to change the location. Wow, thanks a lot man ahah.
~Saad Baig