It is currently March 28th, 2024, 7:45 pm

Vclouds Weather not display weather since two days

General topics related to Rainmeter.
papusone

Vclouds Weather not display weather since two days

Post by papusone »

Hello everyone !
If anyone knows why since two day , the actualization of the weather on Vclouds2 doesn't works again, I'll be happy to know it ! The last one I've get the same trouble,, it's because WXDATA have stopping work's ! An update of the skin have solved the problem with a new weather's server ! So now, what it's the new trouble ?
Thanks for an hope answer ! :sly:
xenium

Re: Vclouds Weather not display weather since two days

Post by xenium »

papusone wrote: June 3rd, 2020, 7:28 pm Hello everyone !
If anyone knows why since two day , the actualization of the weather on Vclouds2 doesn't works again, I'll be happy to know it ! The last one I've get the same trouble,, it's because WXDATA have stopping work's ! An update of the skin have solved the problem with a new weather's server ! So now, what it's the new trouble ?
Thanks for an hope answer ! :sly:
When you have problems, try this and see if it works :
https://forum.rainmeter.net/viewtopic.php?f=118&t=35342

Note:
Before you start, don't forget to close Rainmeter!!! (right click on the Rainmeter icon in the taskbar and choose Exit)
Twolane

Post by Twolane »

Here's what I did to alleviate the problem on one of my laptops (the other is fine, so far).

I created a shortcut on my desktop to the following folder:

C:\Users\UserName\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\INetCache

When VCloudsWeather2 goes "blank", I access the folder location, above, with the shortcut. I delete everything in the INetCache folder.

This has worked for me several times now. I have had to do a Refresh Skin a couple of times to clear everything out of whatever else needs clearing out that a Refresh Skin does, but the folder clearing works for me, every time.

Whether it will work for you, I have no idea.

Edited to add: Thanks for a great wx skin, and thanks to everyone for your hints and suggestions to date for keeping it working.
papusone

Post by papusone »

hello , try and test all advice nothing working, my skin left blank ! Last time there is an update of the vcloud2 skin and it's work's again ! perhaps the same thing here can solve it !
papusone

Post by papusone »

Hello Again ! Just a little precision, I've the skin vclousd2 on Windows 10 and Windows 7 on a Vbox Virtual Machine, and they both work's fine few day before, and suddenly, the next day, the skins remained Blank on both systems, without any change from my one part, like the last time when VMXDATA failed ! So if it's possible to have an option to change weather server to log, like yahoo or others, it's will be an asset for this skin that i love because excellent graphical, and simplicity to use in foreign language ! :great:
SilverAzide
Rainmeter Sage

Post by SilverAzide »

papusone wrote: June 5th, 2020, 2:52 pm Hello Again ! Just a little precision, I've the skin vclousd2 on Windows 10 and Windows 7 on a Vbox Virtual Machine, and they both work's fine few day before, and suddenly, the next day, the skins remained Blank on both systems, without any change from my one part, like the last time when VMXDATA failed ! So if it's possible to have an option to change weather server to log, like yahoo or others, it's will be an asset for this skin that i love because excellent graphical, and simplicity to use in foreign language ! :great:
All weather skins that use The Weather Channel are broken right now. A new set of templates will come out shortly that will fix the problem. Check this thread for a new version (one dated today or later).
Gadgets Wiki GitHub More Gadgets...