It is currently March 28th, 2024, 8:10 am

Round 4 Core CPU Meter

Skins that monitor system information
DavidRGreen

Re: Round 4 Core CPU Meter

Post by DavidRGreen »

Jean R Built wrote: January 27th, 2021, 12:11 am I'm using a modified version of your CPU meter
Glad to see that the skin is of some use to you.
I'll be interested to see what you do with it.

/David…
Jean R Built

Post by Jean R Built »

Thanks all, I will put credits on the build log and when it's visible on social media.

For now I just upscaled it and used it to show the CPU and RAM, nothing extreme this time as I was really busy making the project.

Have a nice day
Jean R Built

Post by Jean R Built »

If anyone is interested the presentation of my project is this, I hope you like it :) :

[Youtube]https://youtu.be/xhCHGeb94Hw[/Youtube]

On this video there is just a glimpse of the desktop, but it is present.

I put the credit anyway, and I'm putting it where I put the spec of the build.

I want to upload a video in the next few days to show rainmeter doing its job, the integrated screen is there for that reason too.

Cheers.
Jean R Built

Post by Jean R Built »

Hi everyone,

I made a short video about the widgets working.

https://twitter.com/JeanRbuilt/status/1360660960189566988

It is just a starting point, I'll look around on the forum and the manual to get better with the coding :D .

Regards
Alex88

Post by Alex88 »

Jean R Built wrote: February 13th, 2021, 6:56 pm Hi everyone,

I made a short video about the widgets working.

https://twitter.com/JeanRbuilt/status/1360660960189566988

It is just a starting point, I'll look around on the forum and the manual to get better with the coding :D .

Regards
Definitely neat to have Rainmeter on a dedicated external screen. One possible improvement: the the default Update=1000 in the [Rainmeter] section (1 update/second), is a relatively 'safe' default value for most modern PCs, and for a small config like you're using here, you could probably instead set it to Update=500 (2 updates/second) easily or even Update=250 (4 updates/second) and have a better visual 'framerate'.

Normally it's not worth it to have a fast update rate draining resources unnecessarily; here I think a bit faster update rate is worth it since the screen will always be seen (and should still be low impact at 500 or 250).

You can add something like below to monitor the CPU usage of Rainmeter and experiment with values:

Code: Select all

[MeasureRainmeterCPU]
 Measure=Plugin
 Plugin=UsageMonitor
 Alias=CPU
 Name=Rainmeter
 AverageSize=5
Jean R Built

Post by Jean R Built »

Alex88 wrote: February 14th, 2021, 1:29 am Definitely neat to have Rainmeter on a dedicated external screen. One possible improvement: the the default Update=1000 in the [Rainmeter] section (1 update/second), is a relatively 'safe' default value for most modern PCs, and for a small config like you're using here, you could probably instead set it to Update=500 (2 updates/second) easily or even Update=250 (4 updates/second) and have a better visual 'framerate'.

Normally it's not worth it to have a fast update rate draining resources unnecessarily; here I think a bit faster update rate is worth it since the screen will always be seen (and should still be low impact at 500 or 250).

You can add something like below to monitor the CPU usage of Rainmeter and experiment with values:

Code: Select all

[MeasureRainmeterCPU]
 Measure=Plugin
 Plugin=UsageMonitor
 Alias=CPU
 Name=Rainmeter
 AverageSize=5
Thanks for the input I will test this code out, i did try to increase the update rate but it looked a bit strange so I rolled it back to 1000.

For sure I'll try it, I thought about a faster update for the actual line, and let rainmeter draw a second darker ghost one a bit slower to give the effect of a fading trail when it moves, I programmed in the past but I have to get the hang with rainmeter code and see what it can or can't do.

thanks for the help :)
Jean R Built

Post by Jean R Built »

I'm doing some test with the AverageSize command, and it looks like it is doing a great job without the need for the second "ghost" bar, I'll keep testing out right now i'm trying an

Update=20
DefaultDivider=5

And for the CPU and RAM round bars

AverageSize=7

The rest is slower, it looks a lot better and the CPU usage is not that worse max 0.5% difference.
I have also tried to test a super low Update without AverageSize, but outside not looking really that good, it does up a lot the CPU usage.
Jean R Built

Post by Jean R Built »

So I've been trying out different settings, this one looks good and doesn't take much CPU power.

Update=50
DefaultUpdateDivider=2
AverageSize=10

here a preview of how it looks

https://twitter.com/JeanRbuilt/status/1362041249469988870

Cheers :D