It is currently March 29th, 2024, 5:08 am

Football (soccer...) skin

Get help with creating, editing & fixing problems with skins
Yincognito
Rainmeter Sage

Re: Football (soccer...) skin

Post by Yincognito »

KellenMarshall wrote: December 26th, 2022, 2:16 pm Actually, I wish I had found that idea earlier. I’ve recently downloaded Rainmeter, so I’m just figuring out how it works, you know. Still, I’m glad there’s such a function cause I’ve always been a fan of Chelsea. Tbh, I want more people to know about this app.
Yeah, it's not really a function, more like some "options" that you can use in various cases, including but not limited to this one. Little by little everyone learns how to use them. The more people know about Rainmeter, the merrier. ;-)
Profiles: Rainmeter ProfileDeviantArt ProfileSuites: MYiniMeterSkins: Earth
tom0711

Post by tom0711 »

Yincognito wrote: April 14th, 2021, 11:42 pm Yes, it's huge, but not as huge as I thought - they don't have all the leagues, at least for the league ID interval I checked out (i.e. from 30 to 87), using my not complete, but functionally iterative skin, that can navigate through leagues using the arrows above:
Less Teams.jpg
Football Super Lig Turkey.jpg
Football England Championship.jpg
As you can see, the skin adapts to the number of teams in the league, is completely configurable (you can change its dimensions, limit the table to just a part of the skin using the margins, increase or reduce the space between elements, eliminate a column, or press any element in the skin and it will animate, although there currently isn't any function assigned to those actions, other than the arrows at the top) and it looks similar to yours.

While navigating through the leagues for the first time, I naturally noticed that some things don't quite work as intended for the moment. For example, some "leagues" actually contain multiple "sub-leagues", like the international ones, where groups (e.g. A, B, C, etc.) are stored as "leagues" in the JSON, so it looks like I'll have to create another two, smaller arrows below, to navigate the groups of an international tournament. In one or two cases the regex "failed" and I got a long text in the title, probably because the global pattern needs a little refinement for these fringe cases, nothing catastrophic though. There is also a known bug where Rainmeter crashes after a random number of refreshes of the skin, but I got an idea about where the culprit might be, and I'll probably address it someday.

Obviously, I didn't get yet to the fixtures - I didn't push too hard on it and I first wanted to make sure the table(s) work fine. I'm happy with the progress so far, and the rest isn't much different from what it has already been done, it's just a matter of slightly different regexes and other iterations and panels. I'll probably take it even easier from now on, it's not like I want to make a full fledged skin out of it and release it, it's more like an exercise to see what can come out of it, but I wanted to show you the result so far.
how do i get or create this skin? I've downloaded the "futbol" skin but it's a different one showing only seria a/PL/Bundesliga one at a time and not updated. i would like to have it like in the images above it looks amazing!
Yincognito
Rainmeter Sage

Post by Yincognito »

tom0711 wrote: May 29th, 2023, 10:11 am how do i get or create this skin? I've downloaded the "futbol" skin but it's a different one showing only seria a/PL/Bundesliga one at a time and not updated. i would like to have it like in the images above it looks amazing!
The skin, as I mentioned, is incomplete and was only an exercise from my part, seeing how nice the "futbol" skin looked, so there are NO guarantees it will do all that you want. It has NO fixtures, NO navigation through World Cup groups, NO individual team screens and plenty of other features of a fully fledged skin in this field are missing. I don't plan to add them not because it would be hard, but because I personally don't need such a skin and it would take considerable work and time to parse through such a great amount of data like these sites offer.

Since the time I posted those images and code, the site changed both its query format from its address AND the structure of the JSON content within, so the regex patterns used to parse it required significant adjustments - yet another reason to not pursue a regular update of this. Fortunately, I made the parsing patterns modular and structured into "levels of nesting" (e.g. FootballPattern is made of some Level 1 Patterns, Level 1 Patterns are made of some Level 2 Patterns, and so on) in the Variables.inc file, so the adjustment was easier because of that.

As for creating such a skin, I already covered that in my earlier replies to you and in this thread. The code of the skin, which is about half a MB in accordance with the amount of data being parsed and displayed at the same time, can offer you plenty of clues into how to either create such a skin yourself, use parts of it in your own code, or improve it further. I know it's easier to just get or download an already made skin and enjoy using it and then come back here after one or two years and ask for another, but if you want something, you have to take action eventually. You generally need to examine the page source of a sample page of that site (e.g. https://www.fotmob.com/leagues/87/overview/league?season= for La Liga), format it using https://webformatter.com/ for better visualizing the structure and content, design the regex patterns for the UNformatted (i.e. original) page source, and optionally testing things or getting some clues on the regex syntax from sites like https://regexr.com/ where you can paste the said page source as well.
Football_2.0.0.rmskin
I updated the things in Variables.inc to match the new content format on that site, but in the future you'll have to do that yourself, or look for another such skin - there's a reason why I didn't actually release it, because it was meant only as a "showcase" on the building process, so to speak. Feel free to ask any question related to what is what in the skin. ;-)

P.S. You already have some formatted and unformatted versions of both the HTML and the JSON within, in the ...Football\@Resources\Local folder, if you want to have a shot at how it looks and how parsing is done according to the patterns in the Variables.inc file.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Profiles: Rainmeter ProfileDeviantArt ProfileSuites: MYiniMeterSkins: Earth