It is currently March 28th, 2024, 11:10 pm

Icon bar or Icon list

Get help with installing and using Rainmeter.
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Re: Icon bar or Icon list

Post by balala »

Otherwise how would you like to slide the panel: horizontally (as on SlideApps.ini) or vertically (as on SlideToolbar.ini)?
If horizontally from left to right, or vice-versa, from right to left? Same question if you want it vertically: would you like it up or down?
eclectic-tech
Rainmeter Sage

Post by eclectic-tech »

nattekeek wrote: May 16th, 2020, 1:43 pm I have created the icons for windows as .ico, but I noticed Slideapps did not display the .ico so I might have to recreate them in png format. I did not manage to upload one, but Sharex tools shows 256*256. I want probably 10 or so per bar. but if I have an example I can sort out the size and amount of icons myself.
BIG thanks in advance!
If nattekeek returns... he may supply an answer to balala's query, but in the meantime I have a sample skin that can show an unlimited number of icons (8 at a time) in an unobtrusive window-like skin: FolderView
Shameless plug :Whistle
nattekeek

Post by nattekeek »

balala wrote: May 16th, 2020, 3:59 pm Otherwise how would you like to slide the panel: horizontally (as on SlideApps.ini) or vertically (as on SlideToolbar.ini)?
If horizontally from left to right, or vice-versa, from right to left? Same question if you want it vertically: would you like it up or down?
Apologies for not replying any earlier. Not decided yet if I want to use SlideApps or SlideToolbar, neither if I want it left to right, or up or down.
I just want to try out some of the possibillities to see what fits best. Would be great if you can post an example, if not, no worries, you have already been a great help. THANKS! :D
nattekeek

Post by nattekeek »

eclectic-tech wrote: May 20th, 2020, 3:47 am If nattekeek returns... he may supply an answer to balala's query, but in the meantime I have a sample skin that can show an unlimited number of icons (8 at a time) in an unobtrusive window-like skin: FolderView
Shameless plug :Whistle
BIG Thanks eclectic-tech! Very nice example! Works like a charm! Perhaps not exactly what I was looking for, but definitively very usefull to play around with. :thumbup: :D
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Post by balala »

nattekeek wrote: May 22nd, 2020, 9:24 pm Not decided yet if I want to use SlideApps or SlideToolbar, neither if I want it left to right, or up or down.
I just want to try out some of the possibillities to see what fits best. Would be great if you can post an example, if not, no worries, you have already been a great help.
Alright, in meantime I worked a little bit with the SlideApps, so here is what I came out with (the example code). You have to set the desired width of the skin when it is slid out (this is the HorSliderWidth variable within the [Variables] section, initially set to 150). And for now, you have to manually move the skin to the right side of the screen, if you want it there. Later I probably will add a proper command to move it automatically, but didn't work so far with this.
I added up to 10 icons, but for now they have only colors set, no images. The images will be added later, especially if you find the code useful. I created the colors arbitrary, but if we'll replace them with the appropriate images, this has not a too big importance. The skin, depending on the resolution of the screen and the value of the HorSliderWidth variable, shows certain number of icons, up to 10 (but at least 2). All icons are set to open Notepad.exe, this will be modified later, accordingly to your needs.
So, what do you think, how does the skin work?

Code: Select all

[Rainmeter]
Update=-1
AccurateText=1
SkinWidth=#HorSliderWidth#

[Variables]
U=[!UpdateMeasure "MeasureSlide"][!UpdateMeterGroup "HorSliderItems"][!Redraw]
HorSliderWidth=150
X1=(#HorSliderWidth#-10)

[HorSliderIconStyle]
W=(#HorSliderWidth#-20)
H=(#HorSliderWidth#-20)
Group=HorSliderItems

[MeasureSlide]
Measure=Plugin
Plugin=ActionTimer
Group=Sliders
ActionList1=Repeat Left,25,10
Left=[!SetVariable X1 "(Clamp((#X1#-#HorSliderWidth#/10),0,(#HorSliderWidth#-10)))"]#U#
ActionList2=Repeat Right,25,10
Right=[!SetVariable X1 "(Clamp((#X1#+#HorSliderWidth#/10),0,(#HorSliderWidth#-10)))"]#U#
DynamicVariables=1

[MeterHorizontalSliderBackground]
Meter=Image
SolidColor=220,220,220,120
X=#X1#
Y=0
W=#HorSliderWidth#
H=#SCREENAREAHEIGHT#
DynamicVariables=1
MouseOverAction=[!CommandMeasure "MeasureSlide" "Execute 1"][!CommandMeasure "MeasureSlide" "Stop 2"]
MouseLeaveAction=[!CommandMeasure "MeasureSlide" "Stop 1"][!CommandMeasure "MeasureSlide" "Execute 2"]
Group=HorSliderItems

[MeterIcon1]
Meter=Image
MeterStyle=HorSliderIconStyle
SolidColor=255,0,0
X=10r
Y=10r
LeftMouseUpAction=["Notepad.exe"]

[MeterIcon2]
Meter=Image
SolidColor=0,255,0
X=0r
Y=10R

[MeterIcon3]
Meter=Image
SolidColor=0,0,255
X=0r
Y=10R
Hidden=((4*(#HorSliderWidth#-30)+10)>#SCREENAREAHEIGHT#)

[MeterIcon4]
Meter=Image
SolidColor=255,240,0
X=0r
Y=10R
Hidden=((5*(#HorSliderWidth#-30)+10)>#SCREENAREAHEIGHT#)

[MeterIcon5]
Meter=Image
SolidColor=255,0,240
X=0r
Y=10R
Hidden=((6*(#HorSliderWidth#-30)+10)>#SCREENAREAHEIGHT#)

[MeterIcon6]
Meter=Image
SolidColor=0,255,240
X=0r
Y=10R
Hidden=((7*(#HorSliderWidth#-30)+10)>#SCREENAREAHEIGHT#)

[MeterIcon7]
Meter=Image
SolidColor=0,0,0
X=0r
Y=10R
Hidden=((8*(#HorSliderWidth#-30)+10)>#SCREENAREAHEIGHT#)

[MeterIcon8]
Meter=Image
SolidColor=240,240,240
X=0r
Y=10R
Hidden=((9*(#HorSliderWidth#-30)+10)>#SCREENAREAHEIGHT#)

[MeterIcon9]
Meter=Image
SolidColor=255,240,130
X=0r
Y=10R
Hidden=((10*(#HorSliderWidth#-30)+10)>#SCREENAREAHEIGHT#)

[MeterIcon10]
Meter=Image
SolidColor=13,255,240
X=0r
Y=10R
Hidden=((11*(#HorSliderWidth#-30)+10)>#SCREENAREAHEIGHT#)
Note that because the skin is completely mouse driven, I set the Update to Update=-1, which means the skin is not updated at all. If for any reason (for instance you have to add something more to the code) you need a "normal" (default) update, please modify the Update into the [Rainmeter] section accordingly.
nattekeek

Post by nattekeek »

Thanks!

I worked out to add the images myself. Starting to get somewhere. Also changed the size a bit to fit some more on the screen.
Trying out some things to make them fit better, disappear completely, etc.etc.

But big thanks!! getting there:D

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Post by balala »

nattekeek wrote: May 29th, 2020, 1:46 am Also changed the size a bit to fit some more on the screen.
Yes, but this is not too good, because now when the skin is not slide out, the left side of the icons are visible.
nattekeek

Post by nattekeek »

Yes still some tweaking to do, but hey, that's half of the fun, or more! :D
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Post by balala »

nattekeek wrote: May 29th, 2020, 9:09 pm Yes still some tweaking to do, but hey, that's half of the fun, or more! :D
Yep, right. Go ahead and post the result, when there is any.