It is currently March 29th, 2024, 7:16 am

RainRestart

Share and get help with Plugins and Addons
jsmorley
Developer

Re: RainRestart

Post by jsmorley »

dragonmage wrote:I'm sure we can get the devs to add in a commandline argument to exit rainmeter.
Stopping Rainmeter is easy with AutoIt3... That's a non-issue.
jsmorley
Developer

Post by jsmorley »

Another approach is to never copy back the current .ini to the Themes folder on a theme switch. The only way to make changes to a theme is to "save" the theme again with the tool. So if they load Theme A, make changes, and switch to Theme B, changes to Theme A are lost unless they "save" it again before they switch. I actually like this best. I don't want changes to my themes unless I specifically tell it to make the change by "saving". That way I can mess around testing skins and such without worrying about some weird state being saved to my current theme...
dragonmage
Developer

Post by dragonmage »

Good point.
jsmorley
Developer

Post by jsmorley »

Screen prototype... :D

sgtevmckay

Post by sgtevmckay »

Senpai :!: :?: :!: :!:

:D :D :D :D :D
dragonmage
Developer

Post by dragonmage »

Excellent!
jsmorley
Developer

Post by jsmorley »

I have it reading the \Themes folder and populating the list, now on to add "loading" "saving" "renaming" "deleting".

It's a drag, but Rainmeter doesn't seem to add a registry entry when it installs, So I am going to be forced to have an "options" menu item where I can have the user define his home Rainmeter folder.

Suggestion for future release of Rainmeter Add a registry entry on install with the installation folder... ;-)
dragonmage
Developer

Post by dragonmage »

Noooooooooooo! I'd prefer a non-registry solution. One of my main draws to Rainmeter is portability, the fact that I can take it with me and have it work on another computer.
Is there no way to use relative paths? Can you run the Theme Manager in the same dir as Rainmeter.exe?
jsmorley
Developer

Post by jsmorley »

dragonmage wrote:Noooooooooooo! I'd prefer a non-registry solution. One of my main draws to Rainmeter is portability, the fact that I can take it with me and have it work on another computer.
Is there no way to use relative paths? Can you run the Theme Manager in the same dir as Rainmeter.exe?
Absolutely. When I create an install package for this tool I will have the user tell me the Rainmeter home directory and install it there. Then it can use a relative path to find Rainmeter.exe.

I agree that portability is a good thing...
jsmorley
Developer

Post by jsmorley »

Ok, let's beat this up...

ftp://uzaeagle.serveftp.com/rainmeter/RainThemes.zip

When you first load it it will be empty of course:

Start by saving your current configuration:

It will create a new folder ".\Rainmeter\Skins\Themes\ThemeName" and will put the current Rainmeter.ini file in there. When you "Load", it will copy the appropriate Rainmeter.ini file over to the home Rainmeter folder and restart Rainmeter. Works slick! ;-)

Change your Rainmeter setup (add and remove skins, move them, etc) and "Save" under a different name. Then you can load any "Theme" at any time.

Now try out the "Delete" and "Rename" functions to be sure they work ok.

Since this creates "Folders" to store the "Theme" in, you must follow Windows folder naming rules...

You can't rename a theme to a name already used by another theme..

You MUST put it in your home "Rainmeter" folder (Default is C:\Program Files\Rainmeter)

Let me know if you find any problems. I have NOT done anything yet with the "File" and "Help" menu items. That will come after I have the main app finished.