It is currently April 19th, 2024, 11:19 pm

MoveMeter not showing my meter

Get help with creating, editing & fixing problems with skins
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Re: MoveMeter not showing my meter

Post by balala »

Yincognito wrote: February 25th, 2020, 6:36 pm I believe I did.
Yeah, right. Now that you've posted your reply, I see we found the same error. Good work...
Yincognito
Rainmeter Sage

Post by Yincognito »

balala wrote: February 25th, 2020, 6:38 pm Yeah, right. Now that you've posted your reply, I see we found the same error. Good work...
It's was not good work, it was "too easy" of a work. :D
That being said, the matter could become a little more complicated, see my edit on that post...
Profiles: Rainmeter ProfileDeviantArt ProfileSuites: MYiniMeterSkins: Earth
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Post by balala »

Yincognito wrote: February 25th, 2020, 7:00 pm That being said, the matter could become a little more complicated, see my edit on that post...
Yep, you're right, I admit I didn't realize that.
(Almost?) final step would be to get the OP back, to see if he got the skin working as intended.

We're waiting for you Deofol...
Deofol

Post by Deofol »

Wow, I can't believe I'd made such a silly mistake. That was pretty much it, the extra bracket on SteamIconBackground. I didn't think Fade.Lua would be neccessary as the issue wasn't related to it but I'll keep that in mind for a next opportunity. Thanks for the support and helping me find my mistake, to you both :)
Yincognito wrote: February 25th, 2020, 6:34 pm Also, be aware that if you leave the [!MoveMeter "0" "0" "EpicIconBackground"] in the MouseLeaveAction of the [SteamIconBackground] meter, you'll never get the chance to hover on the second (i.e. [EpicIconBackground]) meter, because it will move back behind the first meter when the mouse leaves the latter.
This was intended as it's for testing purposes, thanks!
Yincognito wrote: February 25th, 2020, 6:34 pm The simplest solution here is to put the code / bangs in a mouse click action instead of in a hover one. However, since you already do something in LeftMouseUpAction, the solution might be undesirable.
Actually, exactly the opposite. I like this idea a lot. Might even make it so I have to click to pop up all of the launchers. Thanks!

Also, here goes the whole package if you guys would like to test
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by Deofol on February 25th, 2020, 7:32 pm, edited 2 times in total.
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Post by balala »

Yincognito wrote: February 25th, 2020, 6:34 pm One other thing is that the fade doesn't seem to display for [EpicIconBackground].
Doesn't even have to. There is nothing in the code of the [EpicIconBackground] meter which is controlled by any of the [Fade], [EpicFade] or [InvertedFade] measures. I suppose its transparency should be controlled by the [EpicFade] measure, but for this, the Shape option should be Shape=Rectangle 0,0,#IconSize#,#IconSize# | Fill Color 0,0,0,[EpicFade]. But it's not, the transparency is set staticly to 255. So, I'm not sure at all what the [EpicFade] measure should do. Apart from the fact that it is activated into the MouseOverAction / MouseLeaveAction options of the [EpicIconBackground] meter itself, this measure is nowhere used into the code. So, what is its purpose?
The code is not exactly clear to me. Am I missing something?
Deofol

Post by Deofol »

balala wrote: February 25th, 2020, 7:30 pm The code is not exactly clear to me. Am I missing something?
Yeah, it's not complete yet. I was working on it as I posted this. I'll upload the finished product once I'm done :)
Deofol

Post by Deofol »

Also, topic aside, is there a way to make EpicIconBackground move smoothly as if it was scrolling instead of just popping up?
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Post by balala »

Deofol wrote: February 25th, 2020, 7:28 pm Wow, I can't believe I'd made such a silly mistake. That was pretty much it, the extra bracket on SteamIconBackground. I didn't think Fade.Lua would be neccessary as the issue wasn't related to it but I'll keep that in mind for a next opportunity. Thanks for the support and helping me find my mistake, to you both :)
I have to admit I didn't study deeply the code of the Fade.lua script file, however I think the same fade effect could be achieved even without a lua script. An ActionTimer plugin measure could to the job.
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Post by balala »

Deofol wrote: February 25th, 2020, 7:37 pm Also, topic aside, is there a way to make EpicIconBackground move smoothly as if it was scrolling instead of just popping up?
You mean you'd like to move it when you're scrolling? Have I understood it well?
Deofol

Post by Deofol »

balala wrote: February 25th, 2020, 7:38 pm You mean you'd like to move it when you're scrolling? Have I understood it well?
I'd want EpicIconBackground to move smoothly (50,0) away from SteamIconBackground, as if it was getting pulled from behind of it. I was reading about ActionTimer but to achieve this with it I'd have to set many actions to achieve so where they all move EpicIconBackground's X by 1-2 pixels until reaching 50

Edit: Actually, I found out this can be done with ActionTimer, just like the fading effect like you stated @bal. Gotta mess with this before making it right, though. It's not working for me yet :P