It is currently March 28th, 2024, 10:00 am

⭐ Weather.com

Weather skins
Yincognito
Rainmeter Sage

Re: ⭐ Weather.com

Post by Yincognito »

balala wrote: May 22nd, 2020, 2:28 pm No, the JSON weather skin is also working. Bellow you can see jsmorley's WeatherComJSON:
Weather3.png
So, yep, works as well, for my location.
But it works for yours as well:
Weather4.png
From your location, maybe, but not from mine:
WeatherComJSON.jpg
gerryex

Post by gerryex »

Hi ALL,

I think i started the topic in this thread about the weather.com skin not working for me and unfortunately so far today its still not working. One of the posts suggested i needed to spell my location as Land O' Lakes vs just Land O Lakes. But I also tried Tampa, Florida and that location also cannot be found.

I will try the newer version of the Gadgets but I have only a few minutes on my PC right now as I have a bunch of errands to do today. But i will try all of the suggestions later and post my results.

Thanks again to ALL for you suggestions and help.
Gerry
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Post by balala »

gerryex wrote: May 22nd, 2020, 4:30 pm I think i started the topic in this thread about the weather.com skin not working for me and unfortunately so far today its still not working. One of the posts suggested i needed to spell my location as Land O' Lakes vs just Land O Lakes. But I also tried Tampa, Florida and that location also cannot be found.

I will try the newer version of the Gadgets but I have only a few minutes on my PC right now as I have a bunch of errands to do today. But i will try all of the suggestions later and post my results.
Have you tried restarting Rainmeter? Try it, if you didn't so far.
gerryex

Post by gerryex »

balala wrote: May 22nd, 2020, 5:09 pm Have you tried restarting Rainmeter? Try it, if you didn't so far.
I have re-booted several times but still no joy!! I'm on my phone right now so I can't try anything until I get home.

Gerry
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Post by balala »

gerryex wrote: May 22nd, 2020, 5:13 pm I have re-booted several times but still no joy!! I'm on my phone right now so I can't try anything until I get home.
No, there is no need to try restarting Rainmeter, if you rebooted more times.
I asked what I asked, because of this: https://forum.rainmeter.net/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=26117&p=136507#p136507
gerryex

Post by gerryex »

Hi ALL,

Well I'm back on my PC and the first thing i did was to install the latest version of the Gadgets suite (ver 5.3.1) and while CPU usage, Network Meter, Drives Meter, Calendar and Clock are working just fine (the same gadgets I had running before) the weather gadget is doing the same thing as it did before: Nothing showing but ". . . Connecting . . . " at the bottom. The Weather.Com skin would only show labels so I assume it also is trying to connect but can't.

My internet connection has not changed and I do allow Windows update to install all updates as they are released. So something has changed that is not allowing any skin from accessing the weather web page.

I really like to have the current weather on my desktop so again any and all suggestions on how to get ANY weather skin working would be greatly appreciated!!

Thanks,
Gerry
Attachments
Gadgets Weather .jpg
jsmorley
Developer

Post by jsmorley »

gerryex wrote: May 22nd, 2020, 9:42 pm Hi ALL,

Well I'm back on my PC and the first thing i did was to install the latest version of the Gadgets suite (ver 5.3.1) and while CPU usage, Network Meter, Drives Meter, Calendar and Clock are working just fine (the same gadgets I had running before) the weather gadget is doing the same thing as it did before: Nothing showing but ". . . Connecting . . . " at the bottom. The Weather.Com skin would only show labels so I assume it also is trying to connect but can't.

My internet connection has not changed and I do allow Windows update to install all updates as they are released. So something has changed that is not allowing any skin from accessing the weather web page.

I really like to have the current weather on my desktop so again any and all suggestions on how to get ANY weather skin working would be greatly appreciated!!

Thanks,
Gerry

You might take a look at one of the skins that does not use weather.com as the source here:

https://forum.rainmeter.net/viewtopic.php?f=13&t=34689
gerryex

Post by gerryex »

jsmorley wrote: May 22nd, 2020, 9:48 pm You might take a look at one of the skins that does not use weather.com as the source here:

https://forum.rainmeter.net/viewtopic.php?f=13&t=34689
There aren't too many that don't use weather.com but i tried WeatherZone and that did work. But i really don't care for its format plus the Gadget weather skin shows much more info such as humidity, sunset, sunrise, etc. I'll try some more skins but why all of a sudden i can't access weather.com via rainmeter skins?

Is there some sort of debug mode i can put a skin in to see where its failing? I also see that some people have posted that they are having the same problem as me. Not many but some, so the problem is not isolated to my PC.

Again any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks,
Gerry
jsmorley
Developer

Post by jsmorley »

gerryex wrote: May 22nd, 2020, 10:04 pm There aren't too many that don't use weather.com but i tried WeatherZone and that did work. But i really don't care for its format plus the Gadget weather skin shows much more info such as humidity, sunset, sunrise, etc. I'll try some more skins but why all of a sudden i can't access weather.com via rainmeter skins?

Is there some sort of debug mode i can put a skin in to see where its failing? I also see that some people have posted that they are having the same problem as me. Not many but some, so the problem is not isolated to my PC.

Again any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks,
Gerry
Honestly, I don't know what is going on. It's clear that there is some kind of issue with the JSON being populated in the site HTML, but only for some people. It is likely based on where you are being routed based on your detected IP address, or in some other way specific to the "location" of the device you are accessing it from, but even that is not certain.

I can't offer you any advice really, other than to just wait and see if this doesn't self-correct in some period of time. I can't even begin to know what is wrong with the JSON, or how to do anything about it, even temporarily, as all skins that use the JSON from weather.com just work fine for me, and I never had any issue at all.
DanDaBear

Post by DanDaBear »

Yeah, Both your WeatherComJSON and my DropTop Weather.com web parsed weather skin work for me here in Lynn, MA. :confused: