It is currently March 19th, 2024, 8:42 am

⭐ Weather.com

Weather skins
gerryex

Re: ⭐ Weather.com

Post by gerryex »

jsmorley wrote: May 17th, 2020, 11:21 am Strictly speaking, it should properly be Celsius. Centigrade is an older term, which was replaced for temperatures by the metric police years ago.

https://www.thoughtco.com/celsius-vs-centigrade-3976012
Hi,

I've been using your weather.com skin for quite a while since there were problems with the other weather skins and i've been very pleased with how it was working. But all of a sudden today it is no longer working. It loads but only some of the headings show up and none of the weather info. I had set up the LocationCode to my zip code and it had always worked. I tried changing it to that long long number at the end of the URL but it still does not work. Attached is a screen capture of the skin as it now appears.

I hope its something trivial as i really would miss not having this skin working.

Thanks,
Gerry
Attachments
Weather Skin.jpg
jsmorley
Developer

Post by jsmorley »

gerryex wrote: May 21st, 2020, 7:04 pm Hi,

I've been using your weather.com skin for quite a while since there were problems with the other weather skins and i've been very pleased with how it was working. But all of a sudden today it is no longer working. It loads but only some of the headings show up and none of the weather info. I had set up the LocationCode to my zip code and it had always worked. I tried changing it to that long long number at the end of the URL but it still does not work. Attached is a screen capture of the skin as it now appears.

I hope its something trivial as i really would miss not having this skin working.

Thanks,
Gerry
Try restarting Rainmeter. The skin is still working fine for me.
gerryex

Post by gerryex »

jsmorley wrote: May 21st, 2020, 7:09 pm Try restarting Rainmeter. The skin is still working fine for me.
Hi,

Thanks so much for getting back to me so quickly.

Unfortunately its still showing the same thing. I actually restarted my PC and i have Rainmeter auto-starting at boot and all the skins came up ok but the weather.com skin is still showing the same thing as the image i attached to my first post. I changed the LocationCode back to the zip code and no joy. I unloaded and re-loaded it and still no joy. I even changed the zip code to my sister's location and still no joy.

Can you give me some steps i can take to find out why its not working.

I have to leave in a few minutes but if you could send me some suggestions for trouble shooting i will give them a try and then get back to you with the results.

Thanks again,
Gerry
jsmorley
Developer

Post by jsmorley »

gerryex wrote: May 21st, 2020, 7:19 pm Hi,

Thanks so much for getting back to me so quickly.

Unfortunately its still showing the same thing. I actually restarted my PC and i have Rainmeter auto-starting at boot and all the skins came up ok but the weather.com skin is still showing the same thing as the image i attached to my first post. I changed the LocationCode back to the zip code and no joy. I unloaded and re-loaded it and still no joy. I even changed the zip code to my sister's location and still no joy.

Can you give me some steps i can take to find out why its not working.

I have to leave in a few minutes but if you could send me some suggestions for trouble shooting i will give them a try and then get back to you with the results.

Thanks again,
Gerry
Could you re-download and install the .rmskin in the first post of this thread? I'd like to be 100% sure that we are talking apples and apples here.
gerryex

Post by gerryex »

jsmorley wrote: May 21st, 2020, 8:44 pm Could you re-download and install the .rmskin in the first post of this thread? I'd like to be 100% sure that we are talking apples and apples here.
Hi,

Thanks again for the quick reply.

So i downloaded it from the first post and installed it and its different but still not working! I'm getting some more labels in the skin but still no weather info. This version sets the location with a right click on the skin rather than setting a variable in the code but I'm having trouble with that too. When I right click a window pops up with two fields labeled Location and Country/Region. It comes up with Fort Hunt and USA-Virginia. But when I try to change the Location field as soon as I leave the field it changes back to Fort Hunt. Similarly if I change the Country/Region to something else as soon as I leave that field it changes back to USA-Virginia. Assuming Fort Hunt is a legitimate location the skin should at least show the weather info for there but again no weather info is displayed. Also when I right click it shows the time and date as 12 AM and Jan 1, 1601.

As far as my PC I see nothing else wrong so I'm at a loss as to why all of a sudden it stopped working. I have 5 other skins from the Gadget collection and they are all working properly.

Any advice you can offer will be greatly appreciated!!!

Thanks,
Gerry
Attachments
Weather Skin 3.jpg
Weather Skin 2.jpg
xenium

Post by xenium »

I think there are some regional issues with the website.
For me, my skins that use TWC HTML as a source work, but for other users (from US, Canada) they don't work.
Your skin (JSON) works well for me.
SilverAzide
Rainmeter Sage

Post by SilverAzide »

gerryex wrote: May 21st, 2020, 9:38 pm I have 5 other skins from the Gadget collection and they are all working properly.
Is the Weather Meter from the Gadgets suite working for you? That skin uses the same code as this one, so they should both act similarly.
gerryex

Post by gerryex »

SilverAzide wrote: May 21st, 2020, 10:01 pm Is the Weather Meter from the Gadgets suite working for you? That skin uses the same code as this one, so they should both act similarly.
The Skin from Gadgets does not work either! Actually when i first started to use Rainmeter all my skins were from the Gadgets suite. But a while ago the weather skin stopped working for a lot of people so I switched over to this skin. Which up until today was working very nicely.

Anyway i loaded the weather skin from Gadgets and all it says is ". . . Connecting . . ." at the bottom. If i recall that is how it stopped working the last time.

Back to this skin. A separate issue, I think, is why am i not able to change the location from Fort Hunt, Virginia?

So I'm assuming something happened today to prevent this skin from working.

I have to shut down in a little while but i would still appreciate any advice and will continue to trouble shoot tomorrow.

Thanks to ALL!
Gerry
SilverAzide
Rainmeter Sage

Post by SilverAzide »

gerryex wrote: May 21st, 2020, 10:13 pm The Skin from Gadgets does not work either! Actually when i first started to use Rainmeter all my skins were from the Gadgets suite. But a while ago the weather skin stopped working for a lot of people so I switched over to this skin. Which up until today was working very nicely.

Anyway i loaded the weather skin from Gadgets and all it says is ". . . Connecting . . ." at the bottom. If i recall that is how it stopped working the last time.
Make sure you are using the latest versions of this skin and the Gadgets suite. This is critical.
gerryex wrote: May 21st, 2020, 10:13 pm Back to this skin. A separate issue, I think, is why am i not able to change the location from Fort Hunt, Virginia?

So I'm assuming something happened today to prevent this skin from working.
Make sure you press the Enter key after typing the location, not tab or anything else.
gerryex

Post by gerryex »

SilverAzide wrote: May 21st, 2020, 10:21 pm Make sure you are using the latest versions of this skin and the Gadgets suite. This is critical.

Make sure you press the Enter key after typing the location, not tab or anything else.
I'm definitely using the latest version of this skin as I just downloaded it from the first post of this thread. On the Gadgets I'm not sure but will check tomorrow.

On the location, YES using enter ONLY and i can change what is in the fields. But when i tell it to find the location it says "No results". I live in Land O Lakes in Florida and it shows no results. I changed it to Tampa, Florida and still No results!!!

To be continued tomorrow!!

Thanks again to ALL!