It is currently March 28th, 2024, 1:49 pm

⭐ Weather.com

Weather skins
gerryex

Re: ⭐ Weather.com

Post by gerryex »

SilverAzide wrote: May 27th, 2020, 9:24 pm Hi Gerry... If you have a moment for some debugging, once you exit Rainmeter and clear the cache per the instructions, go into the @Resources folder for the skin you are using, and edit the file WeatherComJSONMeasures.inc file. At the top of the file, add the following lines to the [@EntireSiteSuperParent] measure:

Code: Select all

UserAgent="Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; Win64; x64) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/83.0.4103.61 Safari/537.36"
ForceReload=1
THEN restart Rainmeter and see what happens.

I will definitely give that a try tomorrow. But I already changed the whole [@EntireSiteSuperParent] section based on jsmorley's post from yesterday and it did not help. But i do see that your UserAgent is different than what he had. I saved the old code as comments so should i restore the old code and just change the UserAgent and add the ForceReload=1 or should I keep his new code and just change the UserAgent?

Again, I'll have more time tomorrow and I'll be able to try that out and any other suggestions.

Gerry
katyggls

Post by katyggls »

I've been following this thread since I've been having the same issue with the weather widget in the Omnimo 10 suite. I tried doing cookie clearing process that was given here about a dozen times, to no avail. I tried waiting anywhere from 1 to 10 minutes before restarting rainmeter and it didn't work. But this last time, before I exited rainmeter, I closed the non-working weather skin first, then exited rainmeter, then cleared the cookies using internet options, waited roughly 2 minutes, and then restarted rainmeter. Then I reloaded the weather skin. It worked! Closing the weather skin prior to exiting rainmeter is really the only thing I did differently, so not sure if this helps any troubleshooting measures, or just as a clue for those that have had trouble getting that process to work for them.
SilverAzide
Rainmeter Sage

Post by SilverAzide »

gerryex wrote: May 27th, 2020, 9:36 pm I will definitely give that a try tomorrow. But I already changed the whole [@EntireSiteSuperParent] section based on jsmorley's post from yesterday and it did not help. But i do see that your UserAgent is different than what he had. I saved the old code as comments so should i restore the old code and just change the UserAgent and add the ForceReload=1 or should I keep his new code and just change the UserAgent?

Again, I'll have more time tomorrow and I'll be able to try that out and any other suggestions.

Gerry
Oh, I see... in that case, stick with what JSMorley says. :)
SilverAzide
Rainmeter Sage

Post by SilverAzide »

katyggls wrote: May 27th, 2020, 10:05 pm .... But this last time, before I exited rainmeter, I closed the non-working weather skin first, then exited rainmeter, then cleared the cookies using internet options, waited roughly 2 minutes, and then restarted rainmeter. Then I reloaded the weather skin. It worked! Closing the weather skin prior to exiting rainmeter is really the only thing I did differently, so not sure if this helps any troubleshooting measures, or just as a clue for those that have had trouble getting that process to work for them.
Huh, interesting! I did that too, and it worked for me as well. However, I did this on my first try, so I didn't think anything of it and assumed it was the cookie-clearing and other stuff that did it. Hopefully someone who's having a persistent problem can try this (I'm no longer getting the error).
AllBlackZebras

Post by AllBlackZebras »

I noticed the problem today, this time on one of my Windows 10 machines. The fix for my Windows 7 device four days ago was to unload the affected skin, then go to Control Panel -> Internet Options/Properties -> Delete Browsing History, and delete everything that way.

This time, trying the same fix on the other computer did nothing. The skin would not connect after loading it. My next attempt, which was successful, was to do the same except for the following: instead of simply unloading the skin, I unloaded it and then closed Rainmeter. After the browsing history deletions, I started Rainmeter and loaded the skin. Problem solved...for now.
Yincognito
Rainmeter Sage

Post by Yincognito »

I'm thinking, based on your reports, could this be influenced by the UpdateRate of your WebParser parent measure? Mine is set to update every hour (yeah, I know, but really, I don't need it to update more frequently), and I didn't have to specifically unload my weather skin followed by exiting Rainmeter, I just exited Rainmeter directly (with my whole skin suite still active), did the fix, came back and all well. :confused:
TallShultzy

Post by TallShultzy »

I've tried all the fixes with no luck. The error log shows multiple errors with only the info inside the [] changing.
Invalid TimeStampFormat: %Y-%m-%dT%H:%M:%S (Weather.com\Weather.com.ini - [@CurrentSunsetTime])
jsmorley
Developer

Post by jsmorley »

TallShultzy wrote: May 28th, 2020, 11:56 am I've tried all the fixes with no luck. The error log shows multiple errors with only the info inside the [] changing.
Invalid TimeStampFormat: %Y-%m-%dT%H:%M:%S (Weather.com\Weather.com.ini - [@CurrentSunsetTime])
Yeah, I haven't had any luck with it today either. I'll keep an eye on it today to see if I can spot some kind of trend. I can deal with whatever they end up with, it certainly would be nice if it would just settle down one way or the other.
Wim

Post by Wim »

There's no specific trick to get it working other than exiting rm, deleting cookies en starting rm again. You sometimes have to try it a couple of times. It also works on a pretty random basis; sometimes everything works and sometimes nothing and sometimes some stuff works and some stuff doesn't.

Here's a screenshot from this morning's episode. The two skins on the left are down, the one top right works properly and the one bottom right only partially. This is after i restarted it. When i again had completed exiting rm/deleting cookies en restarting rm they were all down, but a refresh on each got 'm all going again.

It's very inconsistent.
WeatherSkins.PNG
Yincognito
Rainmeter Sage

Post by Yincognito »

jsmorley wrote: May 28th, 2020, 12:02 pm Yeah, I haven't had any luck with it today either. I'll keep an eye on it today to see if I can spot some kind of trend. I can deal with whatever they end up with, it certainly would be nice if it would just settle down one way or the other.
Quick question, jsmorley: does Rainmeter's PCRE Regex support branch reset groups (i.e. in (?|(a)|(b)) both groups - a and b - would be counted as group \1), from what you're aware of? Cause if it does, that would be of tremendous help in designing an adaptive regex.