It is currently March 19th, 2024, 6:37 am

⭐ Weather.com

Weather skins
jsmorley
Developer

Re: ⭐ Weather.com

Post by jsmorley »

TheRealDjElite wrote: April 22nd, 2020, 10:57 am Nope. It was never my intent to ask you to do something special for me.

As my OP states "Is it possible for *me* to config the city name to be displayed on the widget?"

Thanks for the insight and work tho.
It's certainly possible, but I'm not sure I see a good place to put it in the current design. I guess you could make the background shape a bit taller, and put the location name at the top or the bottom.
TallShultzy

Post by TallShultzy »

I've found what could be a bug in the weather skin. If I scroll down on the mouse wheel while the pointer is over the skin all the info disappears apart from the text. When right clicking on the skin this is shown
Monday, January 1, 1601
Observed at 12:00am

I re-downloaded the skin "Weather.com_March 9, 2020.rmskin" and it fixed it.
jsmorley
Developer

Post by jsmorley »

TallShultzy wrote: April 25th, 2020, 12:39 pm I've found what could be a bug in the weather skin. If I scroll down on the mouse wheel while the pointer is over the skin all the info disappears apart from the text. When right clicking on the skin this is shown
Monday, January 1, 1601
Observed at 12:00am

I re-downloaded the skin "Weather.com_March 9, 2020.rmskin" and it fixed it.
Scrolling down on the skin causes it to be "refreshed". This is ok if you just scroll "once", but can cause WebParser to hang if you scroll a bunch. If this happens, you simply need to exit and restart Rainmeter, and all will be well.

Some mice are pretty aggressive with the scroll wheel, and when you scroll down it can send 3 or 4 or more scroll action messages to the OS, rather than just one. If you are having this issue, I would suggest:

Find the line:

MouseScrollDownAction=[!Refresh #CURRENTCONFIG#]

In the [Rainmeter] section of the skin.

Put a ; at the beginning of the line to comment it out, or simply delete the line.

Refresh the skin.
TallShultzy

Post by TallShultzy »

Thanks, I'll try that if it happens again.
TokyoFumi

Post by TokyoFumi »

Hi, I would appreciate if you could tell me how to show temperature in centigrade. (The default setting is Fahrenheit.)
Thanks in advance.

Fumiaki
jsmorley
Developer

Post by jsmorley »

TokyoFumi wrote: May 17th, 2020, 4:00 am Hi, I would appreciate if you could tell me how to show temperature in centigrade. (The default setting is Fahrenheit.)
Thanks in advance.

Fumiaki
Whether or not it is in Centigrade or Fahrenheit is automatic, based on the Language you set.

If you want English with Fahrenheit, use en-US, if you want English with Centigrade, use en-GB.

Right-click the skin and select "Edit language variables" to change this code.
TokyoFumi

Post by TokyoFumi »

jsmorley-san,

Thank you very much for your prompt reply!
It worked!

Fumiaki
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Post by balala »

TokyoFumi wrote: May 17th, 2020, 4:00 am temperature in centigrade.
Just additionally, does the "centigrade" mean Celsius degrees (and thus metric system)? Sorry, but I don't know if it is used so.
jsmorley
Developer

Post by jsmorley »

balala wrote: May 17th, 2020, 10:25 am Just additionally, does the "centigrade" mean Celsius degrees (and thus metric system)? Sorry, but I don't know if it is used so.
Strictly speaking, it should properly be Celsius. Centigrade is an older term, which was replaced for temperatures by the metric police years ago.

https://www.thoughtco.com/celsius-vs-centigrade-3976012
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Post by balala »

Alright, didn't know about this. But it's good to be known. So thank you.