It is currently July 10th, 2020, 12:16 pm

⭐ Weather.com

Post your work-in-progress and completed skins to share and discuss.
dgmele

Re: ⭐ Weather.com

Post by dgmele »

Active Colors wrote:
June 26th, 2020, 9:55 am
Thank you jsmorley for this skin and keeping it updated and other people for the common effort to keep this updated and simple for other users. Much love.
A resounding second!
ississi

Post by ississi »

Hi, newbie question: I love weather.com, but how do I get it to show 5 days of weather please? I've changed the ini to use @Include3=#@#WeatherComJSONMeasures5Day.inc
and refreshed, what do i need to do next, please?
Many thanks
jsmorley
Developer

Post by jsmorley »

ississi wrote:
July 2nd, 2020, 9:19 am
Hi, newbie question: I love weather.com, but how do I get it to show 5 days of weather please? I've changed the ini to use @Include3=#@#WeatherComJSONMeasures5Day.inc
and refreshed, what do i need to do next, please?
Many thanks
There is no way to do this that is just a click or two. You are going to have to edit the skin.

You can scroll down in the meters and find [MeterTomorrowIcon], then copy from there down to the bottom and paste a copy at the bottom of the skin. Then go through all those copied meters, and change the section names from like [MeterTomorrowIcon] to [MeterDay3Icon], doing that for all meters. Then change the MeasureName values from like MeasureName=@ForecastDay2DayIcon to MeasureName=@ForecastDay3DayIcon, doing that for all meters.

Repeat this again for Day 4 and Day 5, following the same approach.

Once you are done, you will need to increase the height of the background shape:

Code: Select all

[MeterAllBackground]
Meter=Shape
Shape=Rectangle 0.5,0.5,169,322,12 | Fill Color #BackgroundColor# | StrokeWidth 1.5 | Stroke Color #FrameColor#
X=0
W=170
H=323
Changing the height of 322 in the Shape, and the height of the meter in H.

Then refresh...

While this is not a trivial amount of work, it's a BUNCH easier due to the @Include file approach that eliminates having to do all this for all the "measures" as well as the "meters". It's a lot of copy/paste/change to get the new meters you need, but really pretty straightforward.