It is currently May 26th, 2020, 9:53 am

⭐ Weather.com

Post your work-in-progress and completed skins to share and discuss.
jsmorley
Developer

Re: ⭐ Weather.com

Post by jsmorley »

gerryex wrote:
May 24th, 2020, 1:55 am
I tried exactly that but it did not work! I'm not crazy about having to install CCleaner but after I ran it the weather skin started working.

Gerry
You might prefer BleachBit, which can be downloaded as a portable app and doesn't need to be installed.

https://www.bleachbit.org/download/windows

It does pretty much what CCleaner does as far as "cleanup" goes, and has the charm of being just that, and not a lot of extra bloat.
gerryex

Post by gerryex »

jsmorley wrote:
May 24th, 2020, 2:02 am
You might prefer BleachBit, which can be downloaded as a portable app and doesn't need to be installed.

https://www.bleachbit.org/download/windows

It does pretty much what CCleaner does as far as "cleanup" goes, and has the charm of being just that, and not a lot of extra bloat.
Thanks for the suggestion and I'll take a look at it. But since I already installed CC and I had used it extensively in the past I'll probably stick with it.

Gerry
jsmorley
Developer

Post by jsmorley »

gerryex wrote:
May 24th, 2020, 2:06 am
Thanks for the suggestion and I'll take a look at it. But since I already installed CC and I had used it extensively in the past I'll probably stick with it.

Gerry
Yeah, I like CCleaner. They had a bit of a rough patch a couple of years ago, when they were bought by Avast, but I think they have gotten their act together pretty well.
iron2000

Post by iron2000 »

Ok, deleted the IE cache via the Internet Options cpl and it worked!
Weather is back!
Brian
Developer

Post by Brian »

While I haven't ran into this issue so I can't test it, I wonder if anyone has tried the ForceReload=1 on the parent webparser measure.
https://docs.rainmeter.net/manual/measures/webparser/#ForceReload

-Brian
AllBlackZebras

Post by AllBlackZebras »

This worked for me on Windows 7:

Control Panel -> Internet Options/Properties -> Delete Browsing History -> uncheck the option to preserve favorites, then check all the others to delete everything -> Delete

After a long wait for the deletions to complete, I then loaded Weather Meter, and it connected without issue. Thanks for the information, everyone!
dvo

Post by dvo »

oke now we know that cleaning temp / cache does the job ... my guess was right.... :welcome:
Yincognito

Post by Yincognito »

Brian wrote:
May 24th, 2020, 4:11 am
While I haven't ran into this issue so I can't test it, I wonder if anyone has tried the ForceReload=1 on the parent webparser measure.
https://docs.rainmeter.net/manual/measures/webparser/#ForceReload

-Brian
I thought about using it actually, but went for the UserAgent/Header route instead and never got the chance to try it. I somehow doubt it would have worked, since as far as I could see, the issue persisted even after restarts, and in those moments WebParser "reloads" the page anyway (since it probably doesn't have it in its cache yet), isn't it?
jsmorley
Developer

Post by jsmorley »

Watch on YouTube to get a larger size.

Whether or not you check "Preserve Favorites website data" isn't important, you can uncheck that if you like. It only would matter if you had weather.com set as a "Favorite" in Internet Explorer, which is about as likely as hen's teeth.

After cleaning up with this, I would recommend restarting Rainmeter, so WebParser gets a fresh start.

And remember, friends don't let friends use Internet Explorer...
SilverAzide

Post by SilverAzide »

I have multiple reports on DA that confirm this in indeed the fix. It appears your suspicion about cookies is correct. Clearing the IE temp files only doesn't do it, you need to clear the cookies too.
Gadgets DeviantArt More...