It is currently March 29th, 2024, 8:56 am

My Little Skin Stopped Working [Idle Time]

Get help with creating, editing & fixing problems with skins
Mor3bane

My Little Skin Stopped Working [Idle Time]

Post by Mor3bane »

Hi, so ya, this skin stopped working.
I've been going over it but either i am missing something or a different setting is messing with it - outside of rainmeter.

Any input is appreciated.
Lil Idle Time_1.0.rmskin
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
My DevArt Gallery

There are many ways to be different - there is only one way to be yourself - be amazing at it

The law of averages says what it means; even if you get everything right, you will get something wrong. Therefore; self managing error trapping initiates another set of averages - amongst the errors, some of them will not be errors, instead those instances will appear to be "luck". One cannot complain of the 'appearance' of 'infinite regress of causation', even if it does not have a predictable pattern, only that it requires luck to achieve.
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Re: My Little Skin Stopped Working [Idle Time]

Post by balala »

Mor3bane wrote: February 14th, 2020, 1:50 am Hi, so ya, this skin stopped working.
Not sure, but as far as I can tell, it does perfectly work. What should it do? Because when I load the skin and let the computer idle, [MeasureIdle] starts to count, [MeasureIdleb] starts to count down (from 1199, according to MaxValue), and [FormatTime] follows [MeasureIdle]. When [MeasureIdle] reaches any of the set levels (59, 900 respectively 1100), the appropriate bangs are executed, and colors are set on the [MeterUsedTime] meter.
Just one remark related to the code: there is no need to redraw all configs when any of the used IfTrueAction / IfFalseAction is executed. That's why instead of the [!Redraw *] bang, you should use [!Redraw]. However this for sure doesn't prevent the skin to work.
So, what is this skin supposed to do and it doesn't do it? What doesn't work?
Mor3bane

Post by Mor3bane »

It is supposed to do exactly what you described balala.

Excepting it has stopped on my pc.

I am having some minor technical issues with things like screen saver, so it may be system related.

Thanks for checking it. :rosegift:
My DevArt Gallery

There are many ways to be different - there is only one way to be yourself - be amazing at it

The law of averages says what it means; even if you get everything right, you will get something wrong. Therefore; self managing error trapping initiates another set of averages - amongst the errors, some of them will not be errors, instead those instances will appear to be "luck". One cannot complain of the 'appearance' of 'infinite regress of causation', even if it does not have a predictable pattern, only that it requires luck to achieve.
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Post by balala »

Mor3bane wrote: February 14th, 2020, 6:30 pm I am having some minor technical issues with things like screen saver, so it may be system related.
What kind of issues? I'm wondering what could stop this code working.
Mor3bane

Post by Mor3bane »

Hey, I am not sure what it was. After a restart of my PC everything is back to functioning.

I had been tweaking settings, and in one app - qbittorrent - I had ticked do not allow system to sleep when a torrent is active. I had never ticked it before to my memory, but I think it may have been the cause of the glitch. What I did, was go back and untick it, but nothing seemed to change. In my ignorance or what have you, I did not think to restart the pc.

I messed around a lot going between diaplayfusion, system settings and qbit, trying to get things to work. Then, on the displayfusion search a thread came up and the person (in a much older version of qbit) had the same problem. That is when I finally realised a simple restart would need to happen.

After that and all of the settings triple checked, my screen saver and the IdleTime skin are back to functioning.

So that's the story.

#nerdfail :oops:
My DevArt Gallery

balala
Rainmeter Sage

Post by balala »

Mor3bane wrote: February 15th, 2020, 2:22 am After that and all of the settings triple checked, my screen saver and the IdleTime skin are back to functioning.
Ok, glad it has started working well again.