It is currently April 20th, 2024, 2:25 pm

New person...want to uninstall

Introduce yourself to the Rainmeter community!
Brian
Developer

Re: New person...want to uninstall

Post by Brian »

This size issue has come up a few times, however, the development team is unable to replicate the issue.

If you could please answer the questions in the following post, and report back to us, we would be much appreciative.
https://forum.rainmeter.net/viewtopic.php?f=14&t=34591&p=171290#p171290

Thanks,
-Brian
aetire

Post by aetire »

I was having the same issue not being able to uninstall this program and it was 73 gb not anything like your size 800 gb. I tried deleting files and everything and had no luck still. I then downloaded the version I had which was 4.3.1 and as soon as I had that file on my desktop I was able to successfully uninstall the program the normal way. So download the installer for the beta if your able to and don't run it. Doubt you'll see this or if anyone will ever come across this.
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Post by balala »

aetire wrote: January 31st, 2022, 4:06 am I was having the same issue not being able to uninstall this program and it was 73 gb not anything like your size 800 gb. I tried deleting files and everything and had no luck still. I then downloaded the version I had which was 4.3.1 and as soon as I had that file on my desktop I was able to successfully uninstall the program the normal way. So download the installer for the beta if your able to and don't run it. Doubt you'll see this or if anyone will ever come across this.
Let's see if I understood well what are you saying. So, you had an installed Rainmeter, which you couldn't neither uninstall, nor simply delete. Then you downloaded to desktop the same version of Rainmeter installer which you had installed and this fixed the issue. When the installer has been saved, the installed Rainmeter became instantly un-installable. Am I correct?