It is currently April 18th, 2024, 10:36 pm

WeatherNow

Weather skins
eclectic-tech
Rainmeter Sage

Re: WeatherNow

Post by eclectic-tech »

Hackit wrote: March 31st, 2020, 2:50 am That's awesome, thank you so much. I'll check it out tomorrow after work.
Again thank you so much.
Can I ask you for some help when I start working on it tomorrow?
Sure thing! I am retired and usually checking on the forum a few times a day!
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Post by balala »

Hackit wrote: March 31st, 2020, 2:50 am Can I ask you for some help when I start working on it tomorrow?
You always can ask for help, here on the forum. This is the essence of this forum (or any forum). Probably sooner or later you'll get help.
Hackit

Post by Hackit »

I have been on a lot of forums, none are as helpful and friendly as this forum. everyone here I have had help from has been so kind.
“Whether you think you can, or you think you can't – you're right”

DeviantArt Profile
Hackit

Post by Hackit »

hello,
so i have made a few adjustments and have been trying for over 2 hours to only have the rounded corners on the top of the rectangle as you can see the effect is upside down on the top rectangle. i was able to do it with the bottom rectangle but the top rectangle is kicking my butt.
could someone please help?
i'll include the code and a picture.
also if my code is messy could you advise of a cleaner more efficient way to achieve what i'm looking to do.
tnx

Code: Select all

;------------current weather hover-----------------

[DetailsBackground]
Meter=Shape
Group=Details
Hidden=1
DynamicVariables=1
X=10
Y=100
Shape=Rectangle 1,1,235,50,10 | Fill Color #hoverbackground# | StrokeWidth 1 | Stroke Color 0,162,255
Shape2=Rectangle 1,1,235,25,0 | Fill Color #hoverbackground# | StrokeWidth 1 | Stroke Color 0,162,255
UpdateDivider=1

[Details]
Meter=String
Group=Details
Hidden=1
DynamicVariables=1
X=120r
Y=r
Padding=10,5,10,5
InlineSetting=Color | #hoverfont#
InlineSetting2=Size | 14
Text="Current Weather for#CRLF#[@CurrentLocationName]"
StringAlign=CenterTop
StringEffect=None
ClipString=1
;ClipStringW=440
AntiAlias=1
UpdateDivider=1
LeftMouseUpAction=[!ToggleMeterGroup Details]

[DetailsBackground2]
Meter=Shape
Group=Details
Hidden=1
DynamicVariables=1
X=10
Y=150
;Shape=Rectangle 1,1,235,100,10 | Fill Color #hoverbackground2# | StrokeWidth 1 | Stroke Color 0,162,255
Shape=Rectangle 1,1,235,100,10 | Fill Color #hoverbackground2# | StrokeWidth 1 | Stroke Color 0,162,255
Shape2=Rectangle 1,1,235,25,0 | Fill Color #hoverbackground2# | StrokeWidth 1 | Stroke Color 0,162,255
Shape3=Combine Shape | union Shape2
UpdateDivider=1

[Details2]
Meter=String
Group=Details
Hidden=1
DynamicVariables=1
X=120r
Y=r
Padding=10,5,10,5
InlineSetting=Color | #hoverfont#
InlineSetting2=Size | 10
Text="Feels Like: [@CurrentFeelsLike]°  |:|  Dewpoint: [@CurrentDewPoint]°#CRLF#High Today: [@CurrentTemperatureHigh]°  |:|  Low Tonight: [@CurrentTemperatureLow]°#CRLF#Humidity: [@CurrentHumidity]%  |:|  Wind: [@CurrentWind] [@CurrentWindDirection]#CRLF#Pressure: [@CurrentPressure] ~  [@CurrentPressureChange]#CRLF#Sunrise: [@CurrentSunrise]#CRLF#Sunset: [@CurrentSunset]"
StringAlign=CenterTop
StringEffect=None
ClipString=2
;ClipStringW=440
AntiAlias=1
UpdateDivider=1
;SolidColor=0,0,0,192

DeviantArt Profile
Hackit

Post by Hackit »

sorted it out
here's what i changed
before

Shape=Rectangle 1,1,235,50,10 | Fill Color #hoverbackground# | StrokeWidth 0.5 | Stroke Color 0,162,255
Shape2=Rectangle 1,1,235,25,0 | Fill Color #hoverbackground# | StrokeWidth 0.5 | Stroke Color 0,162,255
after

Shape=Rectangle 1,1,235,50,10 | Fill Color #hoverbackground# | StrokeWidth 0.5 | Stroke Color 0,162,255
Shape2=Rectangle 1,25,235,25,0 | Fill Color #hoverbackground# | StrokeWidth 0.5 | Stroke Color 0,162,255
had to adjust the y axis to the lower part of the box.
not sure if this is the best way to accomplish what i was trying for but it works.
if someone knows of a better way to do this please share.
tnx
Last edited by Hackit on March 31st, 2020, 10:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.

DeviantArt Profile
eclectic-tech
Rainmeter Sage

Post by eclectic-tech »

Hackit wrote: March 31st, 2020, 8:53 pm sorted it out
here's what i changed
before

Shape2=Rectangle 1,1,235,25,0 | Fill Color #hoverbackground# | StrokeWidth 0.5 | Stroke Color 0,162,255
after

Shape2=Rectangle 1,[color=#FF0000]25[/color],235,25,0 | Fill Color #hoverbackground# | StrokeWidth 0.5 | Stroke Color 0,162,255
had to adjust the y axis to the lower part of the box.
not sure if this is the best way to accomplish what i was trying for but it works.
if someone knows of a better way to do this please share.
tnx
That is a good solution. By lowering the Y position of the rectangle with square corners and then combining the images gets the result you want. :thumbup:
Hackit

Post by Hackit »

something so simple took my hours to figure out. lol
quick question
i was trying to add the moon cycle to the pop up.
ex; tells how long until next full moon.
i have searched for moon in all the weathercomvaribles.inc but found nothing.
is there a sample moon.inc file?

thanks again for your help last night, if fixing rounded corners on a shape took me hours, creating the hover code would have been weeks if not months.

DeviantArt Profile
Hackit

Post by Hackit »

can i add padding to the text inside the box?
i know the padding controls the text in the box, so my text is padded from the box edges.
i would like to add padding to the text, so i have can select the spacing. i tried adding an extra #CRLF# but the space was to big.

[Details2]
Meter=String
Group=Details
Hidden=1
DynamicVariables=1
X=120r
Y=r
Padding=10,2,10,5
StringAlign=CenterTop
InlineSetting=Face | bahnschrift
InlineSetting2=Color | #hoverfont2#
InlineSetting3=Size | 10
InlineSetting4=Shadow | 2 | 2 | 3.5 | 10,10,10,200
InlineSetting5=Italic
InlineSetting6=Weight | 400
Text="[@CurrentObservationText] [@CurrentObservationTime] [@CurrentFeelsLikeText]: [@CurrentFeelsLike]°#CRLF#High Today: [@CurrentTemperatureHigh]°  |:|  Low Tonight: [@CurrentTemperatureLow]°#CRLF#[@CurrentUVIndexText]: [@CurrentUVIndexTextValue]  |:|  [@CurrentDewPointText]: [@CurrentDewPoint]°#CRLF#[@CurrentHumidityText]: [@CurrentHumidity]%  |:|  [@CurrentWindText]: [@CurrentWind] [@CurrentWindDirection]#CRLF#[@CurrentPressureText]: [@CurrentPressure] ~ [@CurrentPressureChange]#CRLF#[@CurrentSunriseText]: [@CurrentSunrise]  |:|  [@CurrentSunsetText]: [@CurrentSunset]"
StringEffect=None
ClipString=2
;ClipStringW=440
AntiAlias=1
UpdateDivider=1
;SolidColor=0,0,0,192

DeviantArt Profile
eclectic-tech
Rainmeter Sage

Post by eclectic-tech »

Hackit wrote: March 31st, 2020, 9:25 pm something so simple took my hours to figure out. lol
quick question
i was trying to add the moon cycle to the pop up.
ex; tells how long until next full moon.
i have searched for moon in all the weathercomvaribles.inc but found nothing.
is there a sample moon.inc file?

thanks again for your help last night, if fixing rounded corners on a shape took me hours, creating the hover code would have been weeks if not months.
You are using the measures that scrape the HTML weather page... those measures do not return any moon data.
Honestly, I would suggest re-writting your skin to use the JSON measure method, which returns more data and is less likely to fail should the webmaster at TWC decide to tweak his page HTML.

An alternative to re-writing your entire skin would be to add the JSON moon parsing measures to @Resource, and include those measures in your skin.
eclectic-tech
Rainmeter Sage

Post by eclectic-tech »

Hackit wrote: March 31st, 2020, 10:44 pm can i add padding to the text inside the box?
i know the padding controls the text in the box, so my text is padded from the box edges.
i would like to add padding to the text, so i have can select the spacing. i tried adding an extra #CRLF# but the space was to big.

[Details2]
Meter=String
Group=Details
Hidden=1
DynamicVariables=1
X=120r
Y=r
Padding=10,2,10,5
StringAlign=CenterTop
InlineSetting=Face | bahnschrift
InlineSetting2=Color | #hoverfont2#
InlineSetting3=Size | 10
InlineSetting4=Shadow | 2 | 2 | 3.5 | 10,10,10,200
InlineSetting5=Italic
InlineSetting6=Weight | 400
Text="[@CurrentObservationText] [@CurrentObservationTime] [@CurrentFeelsLikeText]: [@CurrentFeelsLike]°#CRLF#High Today: [@CurrentTemperatureHigh]°  |:|  Low Tonight: [@CurrentTemperatureLow]°#CRLF#[@CurrentUVIndexText]: [@CurrentUVIndexTextValue]  |:|  [@CurrentDewPointText]: [@CurrentDewPoint]°#CRLF#[@CurrentHumidityText]: [@CurrentHumidity]%  |:|  [@CurrentWindText]: [@CurrentWind] [@CurrentWindDirection]#CRLF#[@CurrentPressureText]: [@CurrentPressure] ~ [@CurrentPressureChange]#CRLF#[@CurrentSunriseText]: [@CurrentSunrise]  |:|  [@CurrentSunsetText]: [@CurrentSunset]"
StringEffect=None
ClipString=2
;ClipStringW=440
AntiAlias=1
UpdateDivider=1
;SolidColor=0,0,0,192
The only way to control vertical spacing of the information would be to have each measure value in separate meters; that would allow you to position them down to the pixel. All you would need to do is have each meter in the "DETAILS" group, and remove the PADDING; you would use X, Y, W, & H for positioning.