It is currently April 16th, 2024, 6:01 pm

Large Clean Weather

Weather skins
hispanico

Re: Large Clean Weather

Post by hispanico »

With last version now no location and weather

Invalid TimeStampFormat: %Y-%m-%dT%H:%M:%S (LargeCleanWeather\Weather White.ini - [@CurrentSunriseTime])

How solve it ?
Hispa
Popcorn A-200 (101106) Server Windows Seven Ultimate
ShowCenter 250HD Server SwissCenter & Apache/PHP/MySQL
Spec: Asus P5K3 Deluxe-Intel Q9650-DDR3 4GB & QNap 439 II Pro 8TB
ikarus1969

Post by ikarus1969 »

hispanico wrote: July 30th, 2020, 6:44 am With last version now no location and weather

Invalid TimeStampFormat: %Y-%m-%dT%H:%M:%S (LargeCleanWeather\Weather White.ini - [@CurrentSunriseTime])

How solve it ?
Hispa
Please follow the thread https://forum.rainmeter.net/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=35770#p180632 where the current weather-issues are discussed.
jsmorley
Developer

Post by jsmorley »

Ok, I think I have fully addressed the new issues with the weather.com site.

Please get the .rmskin in the first post of this thread.

ONE IMPORTANT NOTE!

The new approach of using the API for the weather.com JSON requires a change to how you access a particular location.

All of the location "codes", like USVA0944 or bbd510e73cb5870f973cea9253bb1f9bfe239a129dfc2b89589cbb6d2d46b4bc or 22308 and such are NO LONGER SUPPORTED.

The new approach requires that you provide a Latitude and Longitude in the WeatherComJSONVariables.inc file. See that file for details on how you can get that for your location.

Please read WeatherCOMJSONVariables.inc carefully, it HAS changed.
Tiffany

Post by Tiffany »

If you need to find your longitude/latitude this was really useful for me: https://www.latlong.net/convert-address-to-lat-long.html
gordonpm

Post by gordonpm »

jsmorley wrote: July 31st, 2020, 6:35 pm Ok, I think I have fully addressed the new issues with the weather.com site.

Please get the .rmskin in the first post of this thread.

ONE IMPORTANT NOTE!

The new approach of using the API for the weather.com JSON requires a change to how you access a particular location.

All of the location "codes", like USVA0944 or bbd510e73cb5870f973cea9253bb1f9bfe239a129dfc2b89589cbb6d2d46b4bc or 22308 and such are NO LONGER SUPPORTED.

The new approach requires that you provide a Latitude and Longitude in the WeatherComJSONVariables.inc file. See that file for details on how you can get that for your location.

Please read WeatherCOMJSONVariables.inc carefully, it HAS changed.
Just to say, I downloaded your latest version from DeviantArt 10 minutes ago and loaded over the old one and it didn't work as supoplied - I needed to replace the inc files with those from here.
jsmorley
Developer

Post by jsmorley »

gordonpm wrote: August 1st, 2020, 5:51 am Just to say, I downloaded your latest version from DeviantArt 10 minutes ago and loaded over the old one and it didn't work as supoplied - I needed to replace the inc files with those from here.
Ah yeah, I need to update deviantART with the latest version. Thanks for reminding me.
KsSmoke

Post by KsSmoke »

Can't get it working properly , shows a different weather than on weather.com . double checked latitude and longtitude , still it shows my weather wrong . Any ideas what is the problem here? Image

i know i definitely screwed up somewhere , i'm not that great at understanding all of this :>
jsmorley
Developer

Post by jsmorley »

I don't speak Russian, but if you are going to https://nominatim.openstreetmap.org to search for your lat/long, I would be tempted to actually put in your street address in the search box, to get as accurate as possible.

Or maybe try one of:

https://www.latlong.net/
https://www.mapcoordinates.net
KsSmoke

Post by KsSmoke »

All of them shows somewhat exact lat and long coords. I tried all of them and all of them showed same weather result. It shows that it's 22 *C at the moment and it rains. But when i look out of my window i don't see any rain :D Cloudly Sunny day. Try finding lat & long yourself . City name is Stavropol , post code 355041 .
jsmorley
Developer

Post by jsmorley »

I'm not really sure. Obviously there is some difference with what "station" is reporting when you use latitude/longitude to access the site through the API, and when you use that long "place id" to access the site in your browser, but I would have thought that the latitude / longitude approach would be far more reliable as to the actual current weather for you.

Look at About / Skins from the Rainmeter context menu. Do the "location" measures look right to you?

1.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.