It is currently March 29th, 2024, 4:50 am

Rainmeter stopped working

Get help with creating, editing & fixing problems with skins
valka777aaa

Rainmeter stopped working

Post by valka777aaa »

Hello, I would like to ask if this is the end with using rainmeter widgets ?
jsmorley
Developer

Re: Rainmeter stopped working

Post by jsmorley »

If you would have done even a cursory glance at the forums, you would have seen that there is a known issue with "weather" skins people have made that use the wxdata weather feed. This has happened a time or two in the past, and it has corrected itself before after a day or two. Nobody knows if this will be true this time, or if that feed has permanently stopped as a free / open service. I'd be tempted to wait a day or two to see what happens.

https://forum.rainmeter.net/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=34450

In the meantime, there are alternatives to using wxdata for the weather feed for your skin.

https://forum.rainmeter.net/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=34450#p170206

1.png

Rainmeter is about a lot more than just "weather" of course, and it might be characterized as a bit 😮 dramatic to suggest that a broken weather feed, temporary or permanent, is the end of Rainmeter.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Post by balala »

valka777aaa wrote: January 16th, 2020, 2:57 pm Hello, I would like to ask if this is the end with using rainmeter widgets ?
@jsmorley
Question is if Rainmeter has stopped working for valka777aaa, or only the weather skin? Because the title suggest the entire Rainmeter doesn't work anymore, however I also believe that only the weather skin doesn't.
valka777aaa

Post by valka777aaa »

okey, I am sorry for asking but could I use weather data from another source and do you have info how many days more will it take to be again working I doubt it that rainmeter will stop working, also I use yahoo weather widget and it also gets source from the wxdata :(
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Post by balala »

valka777aaa wrote: January 17th, 2020, 9:15 pm could I use weather data from another source
See jsmorley's reply above:
jsmorley wrote: January 16th, 2020, 3:03 pm In the meantime, there are alternatives to using wxdata for the weather feed for your skin.

https://forum.rainmeter.net/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=34450#p170206
valka777aaa wrote: January 17th, 2020, 9:15 pm do you have info how many days more will it take to be again working
Nobody knows, not even if it sooner or later will start to work again. It's up to the provider if it will restart the service or will left it out of service. Time will say, whatever the answer will be...
valka777aaa wrote: January 17th, 2020, 9:15 pm I doubt it that rainmeter will stop working,
Rainmeter definitely won't stop working, it being much more then a simple weather provider or whatever. Even the weather skins will can be used, just will have to be rewritten for another provider, if weather.com will keep the service deprecated.
valka777aaa wrote: January 17th, 2020, 9:15 pm okey, I am sorry for asking but could I use weather data from another source and do you have info how many days more will it take to be again working I doubt it that rainmeter will stop working, also I use yahoo weather widget and it also gets source from the wxdata :(
And neither that doesn't work, right?
valka777aaa

Post by valka777aaa »

yeah! Thanks a lot for the spared attention!
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Post by balala »

:thumbup:
valka777aaa

Post by valka777aaa »

And do you remember how many days did the last time the provider stop the data from the wxdata for ?
SilverAzide
Rainmeter Sage

Post by SilverAzide »

Last time it was down for 24 hours. This time it looks like it's not coming back.
Gadgets Wiki GitHub More Gadgets...
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Post by balala »

SilverAzide wrote: January 18th, 2020, 10:35 pm Last time it was down for 24 hours. This time it looks like it's not coming back.
I think it was for a couple of days, not just 24 hours. Or I am wrong?