It is currently March 28th, 2024, 1:07 pm

CORE TEMP PLUGIN

Get help with installing and using Rainmeter.
hello3000

CORE TEMP PLUGIN

Post by hello3000 »

hi. how do i apply this stuff ? i tried for 1 hours and yet the thing still not on desktop
https://docs.rainmeter.net/manual/plugins/coretemp/
mak_kawa

Re: CORE TEMP PLUGIN

Post by mak_kawa »

Set plugin measures and meters for display values, like this;

Code: Select all

[Rainmeter]
Update=1000
BackgroundMode=2
SolodColor=128,128,128,192

[MeasureCoreTemp]
Measure=Plugin
Plugin=CoreTemp
CoreTempType=MaxTemperature

[MeasureCPUMHz]
Measure=Plugin
Plugin=CoreTemp
CoreTempType=CpuSpeed

[MeterCoreTemp]
Meter=String
MeasureName=MeasureCoreTemp
X=5
Y=5
Text=MaxCoreTemp.: %1 deg.

[MeterCPUMHz]
Meter=String
MeasureName=MeasureCPUMHz
X=5
Y=20
Text=CPU Freq.: %1 MHz
Needless to say, don't forget to launch CoreTemp program before skin loading.
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Post by balala »

mak_kawa wrote: January 6th, 2020, 7:20 am Needless to say, don't forget to launch CoreTemp program before skin loading.
Or after, doesn't matter, important is that the code works only when CoreTemp app is running (in background for instance).
mak_kawa

Post by mak_kawa »

Hi balala
Yes, the skin works either before or after...:-)

hello3000, if the CoreTemp app is not launched, CoreTemp plugin returns zero values, and after the CoreTemp is launched the relevant values are shown in the skin. So "don't forget" might be an overstatement.
Kill5witcH

Post by Kill5witcH »

Set plugin measures and meters for display values, like this;

Where do I set the plugin measures and meters? Is there a download for the CoreTemp plugin on that page? I'm not seeing it. I have the latest coretemp downloaded just unsure were the skin download is for rainmeter.
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Post by balala »

Kill5witcH wrote: June 18th, 2022, 2:39 pm Where do I set the plugin measures and meters?
In the code of your skin.
Kill5witcH wrote: June 18th, 2022, 2:39 pm Is there a download for the CoreTemp plugin on that page?
CoreTemp is a built-in plugin, so you don't have to install, just simply use it.
eclectic-tech
Rainmeter Sage

Post by eclectic-tech »

Kill5witcH wrote: June 18th, 2022, 2:39 pm Set plugin measures and meters for display values, like this;

Where do I set the plugin measures and meters? Is there a download for the CoreTemp plugin on that page? I'm not seeing it. I have the latest coretemp downloaded just unsure were the skin download is for rainmeter.
You need to copy and paste the code from mak_kawa into your text editor and create a new skin.

The easiest way is do that is to follow the steps in "Creating your first skin" but instead of typing in code, simply paste mak_kawa's code and save the file.

Refresh All in Rainmeter and you can load the new skin that appears in the Manage dialog.
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Post by balala »

eclectic-tech wrote: June 19th, 2022, 2:25 am Refresh All in Rainmeter and you can load the new skin that appears in the Manage dialog.
Actually, just to be precise, when a user opens the Create new skin dialog from the Manage Rainmeter tool and creates a config and a skin (and any additional required tool, like the @Resources folder), then finally clicks the Close button, Rainmeter executes a refresh, so there is no need to manually do a Refresh All.
Hope you don't mind I added this.