It is currently March 29th, 2024, 10:40 am

I do not know how to...

Report bugs with the Rainmeter application and suggest features.
Quell

Re: I do not know how to...

Post by Quell »

mak_kawa wrote: December 31st, 2019, 6:40 am developer
The developers have the packages for all the operating system kerneling. There isn't really a doubt they can fix this too. There's just a periodic log creator for the problems to turn off and dump instead of ignoring problems. What ever.
I used to not smoke in my bosses car if we slept together.
jsmorley
Developer

Post by jsmorley »

We just are not going to dig too deep into a problem that is only happening for one user, and one that we can't replicate.

If you insist on using Windows 8.1, that is entirely up to you, that is not a hill I am willing to die on, but trust me, we just don't care about Windows 7 or Windows 8 anymore. Our first advice would be to upgrade to the very latest release version of Windows 10, and be sure you have the very latest graphics drivers for your hardware.
jsmorley
Developer

Post by jsmorley »

I might suggest this...

In any one of your skins that is always loaded when Rainmeter starts add a new action in the [Rainmeter] section.

https://docs.rainmeter.net/manual/skins/rainmeter-section/#OnWakeAction

Code: Select all

[Rainmeter]
Update=1000
DynamicWindowSize=1
AccurateText=1
OnWakeAction=["#CURRENTPATH#RestartRainmeter.exe"]
Then put the RestartRainmeter.exe from this .zip in the same folder as the skin:
RestartRainmeter.zip

Here is a skin that implements this. Just run this skin and then sleep your PC and wake it up.
RestartOnWake_1.0.rmskin

See if that doesn't help. It will entirely quit, wait two seconds, and restart Rainmeter when the skin detects that the computer has just returned from sleep or hibernation. This will prevent Rainmeter from continuing to run after being "woke up", which may be causing some issues for you.

You can put RestartRainmeter.exe anywhere you want, just be sure the action calls the right location.

The AutoIt source code is included in case you are skeptical about running .exe files you get from some sketchy online forum... ;-)

Code: Select all

#NoTrayIcon
#Region ;**** Directives created by AutoIt3Wrapper_GUI ****
#AutoIt3Wrapper_UseUpx=n
#AutoIt3Wrapper_Res_requestedExecutionLevel=asInvoker
#EndRegion ;**** Directives created by AutoIt3Wrapper_GUI ****
#include <WindowsConstants.au3>
#include <SendMessage.au3>

$hGUI = GUICreate("Restart", 0, 0, -1, -1)

If Not ProcessExists("Rainmeter.exe") Then
	MsgBox(16, "Restart Error", "Rainmeter must be running to use Restart.")
	Exit
EndIf

$RAINMETER_QUERY_WINDOW = WinGetHandle("[CLASS:RainmeterTrayClass]")
$WM_QUERY_RAINMETER = $WM_APP + 1000
$RAINMETER_QUERY_ID_SKINS_PATH = 4101
$RAINMETER_QUERY_ID_SETTINGS_PATH = 4102
$RAINMETER_QUERY_ID_PROGRAM_PATH = 4104
$RAINMETER_QUERY_ID_CONFIG_EDITOR = 4106
$WM_QUERY_RAINMETER_RETURN = ""

GUIRegisterMsg($WM_COPYDATA, "_ReadMessage")

$hWndRainmeter = WinGetHandle("[CLASS:RainmeterTrayClass]")
_SendMessage($RAINMETER_QUERY_WINDOW, $WM_QUERY_RAINMETER, $RAINMETER_QUERY_ID_PROGRAM_PATH, $hGUI)
$RainmeterExe = $WM_QUERY_RAINMETER_RETURN & "Rainmeter.exe"
_SendMessage($RAINMETER_QUERY_WINDOW, $WM_QUERY_RAINMETER, $RAINMETER_QUERY_ID_SETTINGS_PATH, $hGUI)
$RainmeterIni = $WM_QUERY_RAINMETER_RETURN & "Rainmeter.ini"
_SendMessage($RAINMETER_QUERY_WINDOW, $WM_QUERY_RAINMETER, $RAINMETER_QUERY_ID_SKINS_PATH, $hGUI)
$RainmeterSkins = $WM_QUERY_RAINMETER_RETURN
_SendMessage($RAINMETER_QUERY_WINDOW, $WM_QUERY_RAINMETER, $RAINMETER_QUERY_ID_CONFIG_EDITOR, $hGUI)
$ConfigEditor = $WM_QUERY_RAINMETER_RETURN

ShellExecute($RainmeterExe, "!Quit")
Sleep(2000)
ShellExecute($RainmeterExe)

Exit

Func _ReadMessage($hWnd, $uiMsg, $wParam, $lParam)

$pCds = DllStructCreate("dword;dword;ptr", $lParam)

$pData = DllStructGetData($pCds, 3)

$pMem = DllStructCreate("wchar[" & DllStructGetData($pCds, 2) & "]", DllStructGetData($pCds, 3))

$WM_QUERY_RAINMETER_RETURN = DllStructGetData($pMem, 1)

EndFunc ;_ReadMessage
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Quell

Post by Quell »

jsmorley wrote: December 31st, 2019, 3:04 pm I might suggest this...
I am just using the rainmeter with manger settings in the skin tab with @0: Virtual Screen
First Try :17angry

Okey. I will stop spaming the forum. This is the last error I got.
Problem signature:
Problem Event Name: APPCRASH
Application Name: Rainmeter.exe
Application Version: 4.3.1.3321
Application Timestamp: 5d875a7f
Fault Module Name: d2d1.dll
Fault Module Version: 6.3.9600.16473
Fault Module Timestamp: 528d9db8
Exception Code: c0000005
Exception Offset: 001da7d2
OS Version: 6.3.9600.2.0.0.256.89
Locale ID: 1033
Additional Information 1: 5861
Additional Information 2: 5861822e1919d7c014bbb064c64908b2
Additional Information 3: d1d9
Additional Information 4: d1d94a13d3609d6b740644c12508f581

Read our privacy statement online:
http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid=280262

If the online privacy statement is not available, please read our privacy statement offline:
C:\Windows\system32\en-US\erofflps.txt
jsmorley
Developer

Post by jsmorley »

I corrected my post above:

https://forum.rainmeter.net/viewtopic.php?f=14&t=34330&p=169775#p169775

The OnWakeAction needs to be in the [Rainmeter] section of one of your skins.

Run this skin:

RestartOnWake_1.0.rmskin

Then sleep your computer and wake it up. This should correct the issue you are having.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Quell

Post by Quell »

mak_kawa wrote: December 31st, 2019, 6:40 am Sorry for my extra saying...how about the error when you unload the skin suite "SysDash-master"?
Okey. Sure I get what you mean now.
I will try it right now. The rainmeter is just running with all the skins unloaded.
It'll take some time before something happens again.
Cariboudjan

Post by Cariboudjan »

Windows 10 is fine...
Quell

Post by Quell »

Okey. So just in case there are new to the conversation. Yes. The program is running fine. I already had 3 other programs quit unexpectedly. Rainmeter is still going on. There is not a single skin active. So the problem is persistent with the skin. Still a problem. I really liked it.
Quell wrote: January 4th, 2020, 6:20 am Okey. Sure I get what you mean now.
I will try it right now. The rainmeter is just running with all the skins unloaded.
It'll take some time before something happens again.
Quell

Post by Quell »

I am seriously trying not to spam and answer all the questions. There are several issues I have with the Windows 10 screen saver personally. I can't give you any advice on how to replicate the issue. I forgot about that problem now.
I can describe it in a way. There are 2 steps to the windows screen saver for Windows 10 like the lock screen and screen saver.
The last problem I had was that I was completely unable to remove entering the pin every time I closed my screen.
I had to enter my pin or password every time I opened the screen and every time the laptop display was coming back on.
There are several steps on Google about this. I did not have half of these options in my settings. The settings like that described were simply missing. And. I figured not to mess with the registry even as the last resort. That's all I can explain about my Windows 10 experience.

And I can only play my favorite game on Windows 8.1
Windows 10 decided not to support GhostRecon.exe and igor.exe
I figured out why. I am not going to explain how to fix it.
balala wrote: December 31st, 2019, 12:36 pmWhy?
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Post by balala »

Quell wrote: January 5th, 2020, 10:08 pm The last problem I had was that I was completely unable to remove entering the pin every time I closed my screen.
I had to enter my pin or password every time I opened the screen and every time the laptop display was coming back on.
I don't have such issues. I set my Windows not to ask for password when I am starting my computer, but here I have to say that I practically never shut down my computer, just hibernating it. I know many people say it is not a desirable procedure, better would be to shut it down (especially on modern machines, using SSD instead of HDD), but I never do this. Right now for example an appropriate Rainmeter skin I'm using says my computer was started up on Dec 18, so there are almost 19 days it is up. Usually I'm restarting it when a Windows update is installed and this ask me for a restart, otherwise it is just hibernated over night or when I'm not working with it.
But when I restart it, the password has to be entered. This isn't a problem from my side, I have very rarely to type it, as described above.
Quell wrote: January 5th, 2020, 10:08 pm There are several steps on Google about this. I did not have half of these options in my settings. The settings like that described were simply missing. And. I figured not to mess with the registry even as the last resort. That's all I can explain about my Windows 10 experience.
Post a link of such a description if you want, to check if I have those settings. Me to be honest doubt they would missing, but let's see...
Quell wrote: January 5th, 2020, 10:08 pm And I can only play my favorite game on Windows 8.1
Windows 10 decided not to support GhostRecon.exe and igor.exe
I figured out why. I am not going to explain how to fix it.
I don't know what "GhostRecon.exe" or "igor.exe" are, don't know those programs / games, so you don't even have to explain why.