It is currently May 4th, 2024, 4:41 pm

Win7Audio string not updating = confusion [solved]

Get help with creating, editing & fixing problems with skins
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Re: Win7Audio string not updating = confusion [solved]

Post by balala »

Mor3bane wrote: December 25th, 2019, 6:48 pm So again, to be clear what was the issue with SetOption anyways?
Nothing. As I said before (even more times) there is nothing wrong neither with the !SetOption approach, however I think !ShowMeter / !HideMeter are much more easier. That's all.
Mor3bane wrote: December 25th, 2019, 6:48 pm I cannot see any potential for performance being the reason. Nor does it affect the end user in any manner.
Probably there are not. Obviously you can use it, if you prefer this approach.
Mor3bane

Post by Mor3bane »

so it was simply a matter of beatles vs stones. Hmm.
My DevArt Gallery

There are many ways to be different - there is only one way to be yourself - be amazing at it

The law of averages says what it means; even if you get everything right, you will get something wrong. Therefore; self managing error trapping initiates another set of averages - amongst the errors, some of them will not be errors, instead those instances will appear to be "luck". One cannot complain of the 'appearance' of 'infinite regress of causation', even if it does not have a predictable pattern, only that it requires luck to achieve.
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Post by balala »

Mor3bane wrote: December 25th, 2019, 8:06 pm so it was simply a matter of beatles vs stones. Hmm.
Let's say.
Mor3bane

Post by Mor3bane »

balala wrote: December 25th, 2019, 8:10 pmLet's say.
you know then that it's beatles?
My DevArt Gallery

There are many ways to be different - there is only one way to be yourself - be amazing at it

The law of averages says what it means; even if you get everything right, you will get something wrong. Therefore; self managing error trapping initiates another set of averages - amongst the errors, some of them will not be errors, instead those instances will appear to be "luck". One cannot complain of the 'appearance' of 'infinite regress of causation', even if it does not have a predictable pattern, only that it requires luck to achieve.
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Post by balala »

Mor3bane wrote: December 25th, 2019, 8:24 pm you know then that it's beatles?
I'm not sure. It isn't Let it be?
Mor3bane

Post by Mor3bane »

balala wrote: December 25th, 2019, 8:28 pm I'm not sure. It isn't Let it be?
sympathy for the :twisted:
My DevArt Gallery

mak_kawa

Post by mak_kawa »

Another Beatles vs. Stones.

[!SetOption SomeMeasure Disabled 0/1] vs. [!Enable/DisableMeasure SomeMeasure]

Is there a practical difference between the two? I am not sure. As for me, I rather prefer the latter way that seems to me somewhat direct.
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Post by balala »

mak_kawa wrote: December 25th, 2019, 8:50 pm Is there a practical difference between the two? I am not sure. As for me, I rather prefer the latter way that seems to me somewhat direct.
No, probably there are no differences, but same way as for hiding / showing meters, using the !DisableMeasure / !EnableMeasure bangs is much more intuitive. For me at least definitely.
mak_kawa

Post by mak_kawa »

Intuitive...exactly!