It is currently May 3rd, 2024, 11:37 am

Changed wallpaper appears pixelated/blurry

Get help with creating, editing & fixing problems with skins
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Re: Changed wallpaper appears pixelated/blurry

Post by balala »

mak_kawa wrote: December 7th, 2019, 8:03 am And, looking the difference between the first and the end layers, almost no difference can not be noticed.
That's exactly what have I talked about:
balala wrote: December 7th, 2019, 6:58 am to be honest I don't see a difference between the two cases when the wallpaper is set through the skin and when it is set directly into Wallpaper settings. I simply can't realize what the difference is.
mak_kawa wrote: December 7th, 2019, 8:03 am See the attached image.
Unfortunately I don't see an attached image, it's just black. Please check.
Yamajac

Post by Yamajac »

balala wrote: December 7th, 2019, 6:58 am Although it's not for me and I can open / download it well (posted again below), to be honest I don't see a difference between the two cases when the wallpaper is set through the skin and when it is set directly into Wallpaper settings. I simply can't realize what the difference is. But as it seems every replier above sees it, probably something is going on on my side.
A.NB, could you please post a gif with setting one wallpaper with the Rainmeter skin and a different one "directly"?
We don't see the difference either, but that's likely because we're viewing it when it's been compressed and resized anyway so both versions have artifacts and we're just trusting that he wouldn't make a deal out of it if he couldn't see a difference.
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Post by balala »

Yamajac wrote: December 7th, 2019, 8:08 pm We don't see the difference either, but that's likely because we're viewing it when it's been compressed and resized anyway so both versions have artifacts and we're just trusting that he wouldn't make a deal out of it if he couldn't see a difference.
Might have right, but me personally if I don't see a difference don't know what could say.
Yamajac

Post by Yamajac »

balala wrote: December 7th, 2019, 8:17 pm Might have right, but me personally if I don't see a difference don't know what could say.
Yea, it's hard to know exactly how the image is getting compressed and what the problem could be when the video has major compression artifacts in it already.
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Post by balala »

Yamajac wrote: December 7th, 2019, 8:18 pm Yea, it's hard to know exactly how the image is getting compressed and what the problem could be when the video has major compression artifacts in it already.
:thumbup:
mak_kawa

Post by mak_kawa »

Hi balala

The attached image is not black. Please look carefully, or adjust the image brightness by any image editing software. You will see slight difference at the border of pattern as dim lines.

Yamajac, that GIF file is of course maybe strongly compressed. But if visible difference such as pixelating and blurring is in original wallpaper image, we could see and notice siginificant difference patterns even if they have commpression artifacts?
Sorry if I misunderstand the basis of image processing.
Yamajac

Post by Yamajac »

mak_kawa wrote: December 7th, 2019, 9:25 pm But if visible difference such as pixelating and blurring is in original wallpaper image, we could see and notice siginificant difference patterns even if they have commpression artifacts?
Not really, no. The video compression here is pretty harsh so we can't really tell the difference..

It looks maybe a little bit worse after you switch it but I can't really tell much difference so I'm not sure where the problem lies.
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Post by balala »

mak_kawa wrote: December 7th, 2019, 9:25 pm The attached image is not black. Please look carefully, or adjust the image brightness by any image editing software. You will see slight difference at the border of pattern as dim lines.
Yes, it's not indeed. Now I see it. But still no idea...
mak_kawa

Post by mak_kawa »

Hi Yamajac

Ah...yes, I think you are right. We can't exactly evaluate OP's wallpaper condition from posted animation GIF.
As well as balala, I have no idea, gave up. :-)