It is currently April 25th, 2024, 4:06 pm

Cannot change download location of Rainmeter

Get help with installing and using Rainmeter.
blackriver35

Cannot change download location of Rainmeter

Post by blackriver35 »

I have been struggling with this for a long long time. I cannot change the file location. The browse icon is grayed out. I have tried all of the following: Running as admin, installing portable version, downloaded beta installer, downloaded many standard versions. None of them have done me any good. Suggestions???

https://imgur.com/a/rO9ZJ6B
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Re: Cannot change download location of Rainmeter

Post by balala »

blackriver35 wrote: November 22nd, 2019, 7:13 pm I have been struggling with this for a long long time. I cannot change the file location. The browse icon is grayed out. I have tried all of the following: Running as admin, installing portable version, downloaded beta installer, downloaded many standard versions. None of them have done me any good. Suggestions???
Not sure because I can't try this, however I suppose if you already have a version installed, the newer one will definitely overwrite the existing Rainmeter. If it isn't already installed, you can choose the location, but if installed, you can't. This prevents installing two instances of Rainmeter in the same time.
Note that if you try installing Rainmeter as portable, you definitely are allowed to choose the location.