It is currently April 20th, 2024, 12:29 pm

Stock Ticker

RSS, ATOM and other feeds, GMail, Stocks, any information retrieved from the internet
Shiva

Stock Ticker

Post by Shiva »

Here's my stock ticker skin, based on PPBorlz's. Thanks to dragonmage and Alex2539 for helping me with my noobish modding efforts.

The first three listings are indexes, and so the regexp removes the decimals. It's easy to add them back if you want, and it's also easy to list your own stocks.

Skin attached below
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
fido

Re: Stock Ticker

Post by fido »

hi. im am trying to install this skin....can you give me a walkthrough.
Chewtoy

Post by Chewtoy »

fido wrote:hi. im am trying to install this skin....can you give me a walkthrough.
http://rainmeter.net/cms/Rainmeter101-AddingSkins
I don't think, therefore I'm not.
fido

Post by fido »

sorry nevermind, is there a way to enhance this skin by changing the refresh rate to have more accurate tickers?
maminscris

Post by maminscris »

fido wrote:sorry nevermind, is there a way to enhance this skin by changing the refresh rate to have more accurate tickers?
the skin updates every 30 min, if the author made this update he knows what was doing.

if the site updates data every 30 min, a lower update rate will be useless and not more accurate.
Zero at programing, zero at writing codes, so far 2 at making images
But I'm good at copy/paste, and I not always like this
dragonmage
Developer

Post by dragonmage »

fido, how often do you need the information updated? Are you a trader or something?
fido

Post by fido »

realtime would be ideal, possibly use the same source as windows gadgets?
dragonmage
Developer

Post by dragonmage »

realtime would likely get us all banned from the server. Sites generally aren't going to let you nail their servers like that without some sort of financial benefit to them.
fido

Post by fido »

ok 5mins? anything better than 30 mins would be best
fido

Post by fido »

also im trying to add more symbol spots but i guess im missing something, cause i get the same copy of the last ticker i have listed....i changed all the numbers so that i have 8 quotes now....

i guess quote.com doesn't show the major indices of the toronto stock exchange....i have tried $gsptse, $tsx, $tse, $tc, and im out of ideas.