It is currently March 28th, 2024, 9:12 pm

How to have a button that interacts with multi skins

Get help with creating, editing & fixing problems with skins
krakoukas

Re: How to have a button that interacts with multi skins

Post by krakoukas »

jsmorley wrote: October 9th, 2019, 4:12 pm I wouldn't expect the difference between an Intel i5 and i9 to make that great a difference, but I could be wrong. I'd be more suspicious that your i9 machine also has a powerful GPU, which is sharing the load with the CPU. (assuming you have "Use hardware acceleration" / HWA turned on in the Rainmeter Settings.) Perhaps the i5 computer has a much less powerful GPU, or perhaps you don't have HWA turned on there.
Thank you for coming JSMorley. Hardware acceleration wa not selected (about 15-20% CPU with Rainmeter)
I activated and restarted Rainmeter. Now it's 7-11% CPU ! Thanks a lot

Intel core i5-7400 with GTX 1060
krakoukas

Post by krakoukas »

WORKS great :D

4 minutes with refresh every 10sec then pressed realtime button (1 sec refresh) :

balala
Rainmeter Sage

Post by balala »

krakoukas wrote: October 10th, 2019, 8:13 am 4 minutes with refresh every 10sec then pressed realtime button (1 sec refresh) :
Please take care what are you saying / writing: refresh and update are two completely different terms. When you refresh the skin (and usually this is made manually, however can e done even with a !Refresh bang) it is completely rebuilt, after a reload of the .ini file itself. This is a quite destructive process, every dynamic change made into the skin (done eg with a !SetVariable or a !SetOption bang) are forgot, the variables / options being reset to their initial values, set into the physically written code of the .ini file.
Update on the other hand is a (usually) repetitive process, made automatically on a interval set by the Update value of the [Rainmeter] section (usually and in most cases once per second). Updating the skin doesn't resets nor the variables, nor the options, set through the !SetVariable, !SetOption bangs.
Everywhere you were talking about a refresh, you wanted to say update. For instance the following sentence:
krakoukas wrote: October 10th, 2019, 8:13 am 4 minutes with refresh every 10sec then pressed realtime button (1 sec refresh) :
must be interpreted as "4 minutes with update every 10sec then pressed realtime button (1 sec update) :".