It is currently March 28th, 2024, 12:18 pm

Game Lua -> Rainmeter Lua

Discuss the use of Lua in Script measures.
caffeine

Game Lua -> Rainmeter Lua

Post by caffeine »

Howdy, folks.

I'll cut to the chase, here— I'm a huge fan of the art and aesthetics of the video game Invisible Inc, and after some digging and decompiling, I couldn't help but notice that all of their GUI menus were written specifically in Lua. I'm not particularly knowledgeable in regards to Lua (I'm more of a C++ guy, honestly) but I'd like to know if it'd be a significant amount of work to modify a game's graphical user interface to run as a wallpaper, even if just aesthetically and without any of the interactable components.

Thanks in advance.
jsmorley
Developer

Re: Game Lua -> Rainmeter Lua

Post by jsmorley »

caffeine wrote: August 17th, 2019, 11:01 pm Howdy, folks.

I'll cut to the chase, here— I'm a huge fan of the art and aesthetics of the video game Invisible Inc, and after some digging and decompiling, I couldn't help but notice that all of their GUI menus were written specifically in Lua. I'm not particularly knowledgeable in regards to Lua (I'm more of a C++ guy, honestly) but I'd like to know if it'd be a significant amount of work to modify a game's graphical user interface to run as a wallpaper, even if just aesthetically and without any of the interactable components.

Thanks in advance.
This has nothing to do with Rainmeter, and would be better addressed on a Lua-specific forum somewhere.
caffeine

Re: Game Lua -> Rainmeter Lua

Post by caffeine »

jsmorley wrote: August 18th, 2019, 4:51 am This has nothing to do with Rainmeter, and would be better addressed on a Lua-specific forum somewhere.
I mean, the end-all goal is adjusting a video game's graphical user interface's lua script to running as a Rainmeter wallpaper. I don't see how the two aren't related.