It is currently March 28th, 2024, 12:54 pm

[Help] Finding/Creating Skins/Tools

Get help with creating, editing & fixing problems with skins
SashkaFox

[Help] Finding/Creating Skins/Tools

Post by SashkaFox »

I'm fairly new to Rainmeter, and after countless searching I'm looking for two skins that I cannot find anywhere, and if no one can find them some tips on how to create them would be appreciative.

1) Something Organizational. I like the idea of having an icon on screen, hovering over to reveal text, clicking to open a inapp folder of stylized icons of games and shortcuts. Kinda imagine NovaLauncher's folders on Android. This is one of the main reasons I want Rainmeter. If I need to program it myself I can, but I could use pointers in the right direction into how.

2) A rain "overlay". I frequently change wallpapers, and never been a big fan of full on animated some of you crazy kooks design on Rainmeter, so a toggleable "realistic rain effect" onscreen would be cool. I know someone had to have made this sometime, but if not tips would be nice, as I'm slowly learning how this all works.
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Re: [Help] Finding/Creating Skins/Tools

Post by balala »

SashkaFox wrote: August 6th, 2019, 9:39 am 2) A rain "overlay". I frequently change wallpapers, and never been a big fan of full on animated some of you crazy kooks design on Rainmeter, so a toggleable "realistic rain effect" onscreen would be cool. I know someone had to have made this sometime, but if not tips would be nice, as I'm slowly learning how this all works.
Maybe this, by killall-q: https://forum.rainmeter.net/viewtopic.php?p=97517#p97517
He also has a snow simulator as well: https://forum.rainmeter.net/viewtopic.php?p=95031#p95031
eclectic-tech
Rainmeter Sage

Re: [Help] Finding/Creating Skins/Tools

Post by eclectic-tech »

SashkaFox wrote: August 6th, 2019, 9:39 am...
1) Something Organizational. I like the idea of having an icon on screen, hovering over to reveal text, clicking to open a inapp folder of stylized icons of games and shortcuts. Kinda imagine NovaLauncher's folders on Android. This is one of the main reasons I want Rainmeter. If I need to program it myself I can, but I could use pointers in the right direction into how.
Well that is definitely possible, it all depends on how "stylized" you want it.
Here are several approaches, from simple to stylized, to look at:
"FolderView" a relatively simple way to view and organize folders.
"Spectrum - V3" a stylized full-screen popup launcher.
"GameHub" another stylized game launcher.

You can always ask for assistance here if you want to create your own, but why "re-invent the wheel" when there are thousands of Rainmeter Launchers on DeviantArt to try and/or customize.