It is currently April 20th, 2024, 2:05 am

CPU Meter Needed

General topics related to Rainmeter.
Mordasius

Re: CPU Meter Needed

Post by Mordasius »

Pul53dr1v3r wrote: July 23rd, 2019, 1:16 pm There are two web styles that Deviantart uses these days, Standard and Eclipse. They are pretty different from each other. Neither was easy to find everything first time i saw the Eclipse.
While I have heard of the Eclipse version of DA, I've never used it or had it forced upon me. However, my impression from blogs, journals, reddit and the like is that the Eclipse interface is designed for people using smart phones and tablets and follows the style of other websites like Behance, Dribble, ArtStation, etc.

I've seen side-by-side comparisons of the Standard and Eclipse versions of DA and the Eclipse version does not come off too well when viewed on a desktop PC. Given that Rainmeter is essentially a desktop application I can't think why people would logon to DA in the search for Rainmeter Skins using a Smartphone.

Having lost Customize.org as a source of Rainmeter skins a few years ago, I can't help but wonder if we might soon loose DA as the best place to download Rainmeter Skins outside of the "Share Your Creations" section of the Rainmeter Forums. That would be a shame as the Rainmeter Galleries on DA still get 6,000-8,000 views per day.
pul53dr1v3r

Re: CPU Meter Needed

Post by pul53dr1v3r »

Mordasius wrote: July 23rd, 2019, 2:20 pm While I have heard of the Eclipse version of DA, I've never used it or had it forced upon me. However, my impression from blogs, journals, reddit and the like is that the Eclipse interface is designed for people using smart phones and tablets and follows the style of other websites like Behance, Dribble, ArtStation, etc.

I've seen side-by-side comparisons of the Standard and Eclipse versions of DA and the Eclipse version does not come off too well when viewed on a desktop PC. Given that Rainmeter is essentially a desktop application I can't think why people would logon to DA in the search for Rainmeter Skins using a Smartphone.

Having lost Customize.org as a source of Rainmeter skins a few years ago, I can't help but wonder if we might soon loose DA as the best place to download Rainmeter Skins outside of the "Share Your Creations" section of the Rainmeter Forums. That would be a shame as the Rainmeter Galleries on DA still get 6,000-8,000 views per day.
Agree. We still can complain and write suggestions until the reign of eclipse in that form has not came into being for good.

For those who want to do it but don't know how, here is a little help: