Skins to open folders and launch applications and websites
eclectic-tech
Rainmeter Sage

Re: FolderView

Post by eclectic-tech »

Updated!

V 2.2022.09.30
Added Drag'n Drop Support
Added Grid/List patterns up to 100 items (Set Collums and Rows in Variables)
Added sorting options

Download link in first post updated.
PatrickW

Post by PatrickW »

Hello again :welcome: Still happily using FolderView many months later. However, there's something I'm hoping I can get rid of. Whenever I start up Rainmeter or "refresh all", the dropdown folders all open up. I'd like if their default could be closed so that I don't have to hover on all the dropdowns each time so that they close back up. Is this doable within the code? I'm not using stationary, yet they all open and need a mouse to trigger them to close back.
eclectic-tech
Rainmeter Sage

Post by eclectic-tech »

PatrickW wrote: December 12th, 2022, 8:11 pm Hello again :welcome: Still happily using FolderView many months later. However, there's something I'm hoping I can get rid of. Whenever I start up Rainmeter or "refresh all", the dropdown folders all open up. I'd like if their default could be closed so that I don't have to hover on all the dropdowns each time so that they close back up. Is this doable within the code? I'm not using stationary, yet they all open and need a mouse to trigger them to close back.
This shouldn't be too difficult to do. I will look into that as a new option.

In the meantime, you can add this line to the [Rainmeter] section of each 'Folderrollupdown.ini' to roll up the skin when it is loaded or refreshed.
OnRefreshAction=[!ZPos 0][!CommandMeasure Slider "Stop 1"][!CommandMeasure Slider "Execute 2"][!HideMeterGroup Controls]

Save the file and refresh or load the skin. You may notice the rollup action since this is a "quick fix".
I will look at providing an option that starts the skins rolled up, but that will not happen for a while.
PatrickW

Post by PatrickW »

eclectic-tech wrote: December 13th, 2022, 5:27 am This shouldn't be too difficult to do. I will look into that as a new option.

In the meantime, you can add this line to the [Rainmeter] section of each 'Folderrollupdown.ini' to roll up the skin when it is loaded or refreshed.
OnRefreshAction=[!ZPos 0][!CommandMeasure Slider "Stop 1"][!CommandMeasure Slider "Execute 2"][!HideMeterGroup Controls]

Save the file and refresh or load the skin. You may notice the rollup action since this is a "quick fix".
I will look at providing an option that starts the skins rolled up, but that will not happen for a while.
OMG This is amazing work! This will do for me, thanks a huge load!!! Works like a charm, even probably fancier than starting closed as default.
eclectic-tech
Rainmeter Sage

Post by eclectic-tech »

PatrickW wrote: December 13th, 2022, 11:52 am OMG This is amazing work! This will do for me, thanks a huge load!!! Works like a charm, even probably fancier than starting closed as default.
Great! I will most likely add this to my next update.
Thanks for the suggestion :rosegift: Now that I see it working this way, I probably should have done this from the start :D
ilovetech504

Post by ilovetech504 »

DANG. :jawdrop :o
eclectic-tech
Rainmeter Sage

Post by eclectic-tech »

Updated to V 2.2022.12.30

Added Drag'nDrop plugin :?
Set number of displayed items by editing 'Columns' and 'Rows' variables in each folder's "variables.inc" file

Updated in first post and on DA site
JonPeyton

Post by JonPeyton »

still one of my top three skins of all time.Use daily.
Thanks eclectic-tech! :bow:
EVGA Z790 Classified
INTEL i9 13900KS
RTX 4090 24GB (Gigabyte)
64GB Corsair Dominator RAM @ 6000MHz
2 Samsung 950 Pro M.2 (System/Gaming)
2 10TB Seagate 7500 RPM (Stuff)
eclectic-tech
Rainmeter Sage

Post by eclectic-tech »

JonPeyton wrote: December 5th, 2023, 10:45 pm still one of my top three skins of all time.Use daily.
Thanks eclectic-tech! :bow:
Thanks! I haven't looked at this code for a while and am considering adding options to have the title bar vertically shown on either side or bottom when collapsed. This may happen after the holidays if time permits.

Thanks again for the appreciation! :rosegift: