It is currently March 29th, 2024, 10:10 am

Assign Wallpaper to Specific Monitor

General topics related to Rainmeter.
DryLightning

Assign Wallpaper to Specific Monitor

Post by DryLightning »

Hi All! Rainmeter n00b here. I am trying to write an application that rotates the wallpaper of a specific monitor in my three screen Windows 10 monitor configuration. I can change the wallpaper through Rainmeter, but when I run the command it changes ALL the monitors. Is there a way to isolate it to just one monitor?
thanks!
jsmorley
Developer

Re: Assign Wallpaper to Specific Monitor

Post by jsmorley »

I don't know of a way. Certainly not with the built-in !SetWallpaper bang in Rainmeter. Perhaps there is some external utility that can set a distinct wallpaper on each monitor using the command line, which you might be able to do with Rainmeter, but I don't know of any such off the top of my head.
DryLightning

Post by DryLightning »

Would there be a way to fake it by creating a skin module that covered the entire screen of said monitor and just changing out the image of that? If i did that i assume if anything got put on the desktop I wouldn't be able to see it because it would cover it?
jsmorley
Developer

Post by jsmorley »

DryLightning wrote: July 10th, 2019, 2:52 pm Would there be a way to fake it by creating a skin module that covered the entire screen of said monitor and just changing out the image of that? If i did that i assume if anything got put on the desktop I wouldn't be able to see it because it would cover it?
Yeah, Rainmeter skins would always be in front of any icons or shortcuts on the desktop.