It is currently March 29th, 2024, 7:40 am

Placing a skin in the right cornet (maybe 4k issue)

Get help with installing and using Rainmeter.
ovideo123

Placing a skin in the right cornet (maybe 4k issue)

Post by ovideo123 »

Hi, I'm a new user of Rainmeter. I'm installing my first skin. I apologize if the problem I'm about to submit is trivial, but I couldn't find a solution.

I just installed this skin

https://www.deviantart.com/starlender/art/Android-Pie-Style-Clock-And-Weather-Rainmeter-Skin-788193436

and I'd like to place it in the lower right corner of my monitor. I managed to move the skin, but it seems that you can not go lower (and to the right) than you see in the screenshot.
I have no idea what the problem may be, I suppose it may depend on the resolution of my screen, but I'm not sure. (3840 x 2160 and 250% redimensioned layout)
xenium

Re: Placing a skin in the right cornet (maybe 4k issue)

Post by xenium »

ovideo123 wrote: July 4th, 2019, 2:23 pm and I'd like to place it in the lower right corner of my monitor. I managed to move the skin, but it seems that you can not go lower (and to the right) than you see in the screenshot.
Right click on the skin, go to Settings and uncheck "Keep on screen"
ovideo123

Post by ovideo123 »

xenium wrote: July 4th, 2019, 2:41 pm Right click on the skin, go to Settings and uncheck "Keep on screen"
Thank you! Solved
xenium

Post by xenium »

ovideo123 wrote: July 4th, 2019, 2:46 pm Thank you! Solved
You're welcome.
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Post by balala »

Just in addition of xenium's solution, note that a skin might have a much larger surface then what you can see. By default the skins are set to be kept on screen, which means that you can't drag them to go outside of the screen, not even their invisible parts. Probably your skin is large enough to have some such invisible parts around, so you can drag it to the edge of the screen, not more. If there is a quite large invisible part of it, you can't drag it closer to the edge. The solution is what xenium have described: to set the skin to not be kept on screen. This was done by unchecking the "Keep on screen" checkbox. This has nothing to do with the resolution of your screen.
To can see the whole surface of the skin, you can apply a small trick: add the following two options to the [Rainmeter] section of the skin:

Code: Select all

[Rainmeter]
BackgroundMode=2
SolidColor=255,255,255,180
These options colors the whole surface of the skin to a translucent white (obviously you can use any color, just have to replace the above color code). Now you can see how large the skin is (obviously later you probably have to remove these options).
ovideo123

Post by ovideo123 »

balala wrote: July 4th, 2019, 3:58 pm Just in addition of xenium's solution, note that a skin might have a much larger surface then what you can see. By default the skins are set to be kept on screen, which means that you can't drag them to go outside of the screen, not even their invisible parts. Probably your skin is large enough to have some such invisible parts around, so you can drag it to the edge of the screen, not more. If there is a quite large invisible part of it, you can't drag it closer to the edge. The solution is what xenium have described: to set the skin to not be kept on screen. This was done by unchecking the "Keep on screen" checkbox. This has nothing to do with the resolution of your screen.
To can see the whole surface of the skin, you can apply a small trick: add the following two options to the [Rainmeter] section of the skin:

Code: Select all

[Rainmeter]
BackgroundMode=2
SolidColor=255,255,255,180
These options colors the whole surface of the skin to a translucent white (obviously you can use any color, just have to replace the above color code). Now you can see how large the skin is (obviously later you probably have to remove these options).

Thank you for the explanation.
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Post by balala »

You're welcome. :thumbup: