It is currently April 24th, 2024, 8:42 am

Rainmeter Starts, But Cannot Select Anything

Get help with installing and using Rainmeter.

Rainmeter Starts, But Cannot Select Anything

Post by 124636 »

Hi,
I just downloaded Rainmeter today, and installed it. <--- this is where the problems started
After installing it, I double click the Rainmeter icon on my desktop, only to have the start bar [icon] freeze and lag everytime I try to click it, sometimes it would just crash.
So I try loading directly from Rainthemes, looks good...
Until the themes don't show up.
I know there have been threads like these but it was all because of ESET, and I don't have ESET.
So... could someone help me?
wasky1

Re: Rainmeter Starts, But Cannot Select Anything

Post by wasky1 »

whats a start bar? and what version of rainmeter do you have?

Post by 124636 »

I tried the beta one, didn't work, then the 1.1 one. I currently have the 1.1 version
Last edited by 124636 on March 15th, 2010, 7:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
wasky1

Post by wasky1 »

did you unninstall the beta before install 1.2. also do you get an icon in the tray on your taskbar. also did you install to default location

Post by 124636 »

yeah i get the tray icon, yes i uninstalled the beta before installing 1.1
wasky1

Post by wasky1 »

ok right click on the icon and see what comes up. if there is a big list of skins there click on each one and go to exit skin then get back to me. if theres no list of skins then click on configs and choose a skin (tranquil- clock)

Post by 124636 »

I cant right click for some reason, it doesnt let me, everytime i try nothing happens.
wasky1

Post by wasky1 »

oh. just check that you have installed to the default location e.g C:\Program Files\Rainmeter and that your skins are in folders in C:\Users\YourName\Documents\Rainmeter\Skins. if they are then im thinking there must be either a problem with the install or some security issue or a device/driver with compatibility problems (possibly wireless network device). i noticed the image you uploaded only got to about 5% done. dont want to sound rude but is your setup pretty clean, for example has it been virus scanned, tuned, updated and shut down lately. it might be worth unninstaling one more time, shutting down then scanning/cleaning and reinstalling. if this doesnt work then its most likely to be a compatibility issue and well have to see how it goes from there. if you post back try to include as much information as possible
JamesAC
Developer

Post by JamesAC »

Sounds very similar to the ESET problem, you might want to try adding exceptions in whatever security program you do have as that seems a logical explanation to me
+++ Divide By Cucumber Error. Please Reinstall Universe And Reboot +++
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

Post by 124636 »

Ok I added an exception to my AntiVirus and FireWalls, the ENIGMA thing does pop up but...

link
someone please explain whats going on? Its happening with all versions im using
Im running WINDOWS 7 ULTIMATE x86
Last edited by smurfier on November 20th, 2011, 12:38 am, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Changed img tags to hsimg, for large images.