It is currently April 20th, 2024, 2:49 am

[hwinfo] do i have to open sensors status for rainmeter to load to hwinfo?

Get help with creating, editing & fixing problems with skins
zero-lam

[hwinfo] do i have to open sensors status for rainmeter to load to hwinfo?

Post by zero-lam »

same as the topic

If I do not open "sensor status" in hwinfo64, rainmeter will show "hwinfo not detected".
so do i have to open sensors for rainmeter to load the information from hwinfo64?

thankyou so much
jsmorley
Developer

Re: [hwinfo] do i have to open sensors status for rainmeter to load to hwinfo?

Post by jsmorley »

You might look at this:

https://forum.rainmeter.net/viewtopic.php?f=118&t=21939

Set up the HWiNFO application like this:
HWiNFOSettings.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
zero-lam

Post by zero-lam »

May i know whether Rainmeter can load the information from hwinfo if I only open the following window except the "sensors window"?

thank you so much
jsmorley
Developer

Post by jsmorley »

zero-lam wrote: April 3rd, 2019, 1:20 pm May i know whether Rainmeter can load the information from hwinfo if I only open the following window except the "sensors window"?

thank you so much
The Sensors window in HWiNFO must always be open, although it can, and should, be minimized to the Notification Area. (the artist formerly known as the System Tray.)

That's what is meant by "HWiNFO must be running" for the skin to work. The only useful work that HWiNFO does is monitor the sensors on your system, and that functionality must be actively working, or it's not doing anything. That window in your screenshot is just HWiNFO "listing" what it knows about your system, with whatever properties and description is has for the various sensors and other hardware elements. That window isn't actually "monitoring" the sensors, and knows nothing about their ongoing values. Only the Sensors part of the application does that.

Just set up HWiNFO exactly as I have it in my screenshot of the Settings page, and it will work exactly as you need it to. You are welcome to open and close the main HWiNFO window any time you want, (see my next post...) but that plays no role in the integration of HWiNFO and Rainmeter.
jsmorley
Developer

Post by jsmorley »

It can actually be a little tricky to have both the Sensors window and the Main window work together. This is because when you first run the program, it has a "Welcome and Progress" screen the pops up, and that has a check-box for "Sensors only mode" that I think it automatically checked, or at least is tempting to check, as that is really the behavior you want to integrate with Rainmeter. You don't want the Main window popping up, or even being run and minimized every time you reboot. You just want the sensors running invisibly.

So if you check that, and then uncheck "Show Welcome and Progress Screen on Startup" in Settings, the Main window can never be opened. That's fine by me, I don't want or need to ever see that Main window. However, if you do want to go back to it, you will need to:

- Enable the "Show Welcome Screen and Progress" option and upon a new start you get the choice to disable the Sensors-only mode, or
- Deactivate the Sensors-only mode by editing the HWiNFO64.INI file (using Notepad or similar) and change the SensorsOnly value to 0 (SensorsOnly=0).

So if you want, you can have both the Main window and Sensors window be run, and automatically minimized or not as you like, or just have the Sensors window be run, and presumably minimized. For my needs, and I suspect for most folks, just running and minimizing the Sensors is what you really want. I just see no sense in automatically running and minimizing the Main window, which is just going to pointlessly use resources.

But the long and the short of it is that the Sensors window must be running (presumably minimized) at all times for Rainmeter to interact with HWiNFO.
zero-lam

Post by zero-lam »

thank you so much
now i know the what problem is.
jsmorley
Developer

Post by jsmorley »

Yes, in order to have all the application windows available to you, do the following:

Initially, be sure that "Show Welcome Screen and Progress" is checked in Settings.

Then restart the application. It will display the "Welcome" dialog.
1.png
Be sure that "Sensors-only" is unchecked, and click "Run".

Then from the system tray icon, select "Settings"

Ensure your settings look like this:
2.png
Be sure that "Show Welcome Screen and Progress" is now unchecked, as you certainly don't want that coming up on every reboot.

This configuration will automatically load both the Main and Sensors windows when the application starts, and will minimize both to the system tray.

You can then use the system tray icon to open any of the dialogs available, and when you close any of them, the Sensors window will stay running invisibly in the system tray.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.