It is currently April 20th, 2024, 7:32 am

Requesting Help with Making Windows 10 Widgets

Get help with creating, editing & fixing problems with skins
Darwing

Re: Requesting Help with Making Windows 10 Widgets

Post by Darwing »

WOW!! O.O The people on this forum are beyond helpful and nice! thank you so much for the help! Im going to review this now and DO IT!!! :bow:

Oh and this
First of all, let's not mix getting the CPU usage with getting the CPU temp, they are two different things. Best thing to do is take them one at a time and go to the next task only after finishing the previous one. Below we handle the CPU usage issue.
:handtohead: LOL thats awkward, rookie mistake, I was too deep and confused with where I was at and what I was doing! LOL

I def was getting into a vortex here
Secondly, modifying the appropriate meter, in performanceTemplateX4.ini. The meter that needs to be modified is [Value1], since this is the meter that contains the reference to the [MeasureCPU] measure (actually, the variable assigned to it, i.e. #GraphMeasure1#) from the previously edited cpuTemplate.ini file. Therefore, we change the [Value1] meter to:
I was getting into a loop vortex with the Value1 = measureCPU then Measure CPU = CPU, but this clears it up a lot, the hierarchy or reference code makes more sense the way you are telling me!

I was also going about it wrong, instead of keeping the proper format of the windows 10 templates and adding the features properly, I was copying and pasting trying to muddle together like you saw!

This is really helpful, Im going to work on this all weekend and get the exact outputs I want and show you how helpful you are!

I appreciate this so much for taking the time to turn me into a Rainmeter Developer ;)
Yincognito
Rainmeter Sage

Re: Requesting Help with Making Windows 10 Widgets

Post by Yincognito »

Darwing wrote: March 30th, 2019, 5:38 pmI was getting into a loop vortex with the Value1 = measureCPU then Measure CPU = CPU, but this clears it up a lot, the hierarchy or reference code makes more sense the way you are telling me!
When you (hypothetically, since the approach in Win10 Widgets is slightly different, using variables and such) assign MeasureName=measureCPU, you do it in a meter, and it's a way of "linking" the value of the measure with what you're going to display (i.e. the meter). Measure=CPU, on the other hand, is written in a measure, and it's a way of telling Rainmeter that the measure is of type "CPU" (i.e. a measure that gets the CPU usage).

Bottom line, they are two different things, used in different contexts.
Profiles: Rainmeter ProfileDeviantArt ProfileSuites: MYiniMeterSkins: Earth