It is currently April 16th, 2024, 2:35 pm

Hidden bar with icon

Get help with creating, editing & fixing problems with skins
meweaver

Hidden bar with icon

Post by meweaver »

I had some help in another section with in the forums. I want to organize my desktop better.

Okay, I have been watching some videos and reading somethings on your website. I know what I would like to do, even if I have to create one at a time. First, of all the what size does the png icon have to be (I can readjust the image if I have to)? Second, I want to make a button (icon) where you can mouse-hover over it, bar slides out and tells you what program it is and you can click on it to start that program.

Can someone give me an example how to do this. All the one's I have seen use the Honeycomb affect. I am not looking for that kind of affect.

Thanks
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Re: Hidden bar with icon

Post by balala »

Not very sure I completely understood what your question is but:
meweaver wrote: March 17th, 2019, 12:46 am First, of all the what size does the png icon have to be (I can readjust the image if I have to)?
The size of an image you'd like to use depends on your need.
meweaver wrote: March 17th, 2019, 12:46 am Second, I want to make a button (icon) where you can mouse-hover over it, bar slides out and tells you what program it is and you can click on it to start that program.
There are plenty of launcher skins out there, on both the Share Your Creations section of this forum and on DeviantArt. First I recommend you to take a look, maybe you can find one good enough.
If you don't we can help you to create one. Although the following code doesn't "slides out" anything, but can be used to launch Notepad:

Code: Select all

[Rainmeter]
Update=-1

[MeterNotepad]
Meter=STRING
X=0
Y=0
Padding=15,5,15,5
FontColor=220,220,220
FontEffectColor=0,0,0
StringEffect=Shadow
SolidColor=0,0,0,150
FontSize=8
FontFace=Segoe UI
StringStyle=BOLD
StringAlign=LEFT
AntiAlias=1
Text=Notepad
LeftMouseUpAction=["Notepad.exe"]
Again, this is an absolutely minimalistic code, with one single String meter, which when clicked, launches Notepad. Is this what yo want? We can furtherly develop it if needed, adding icon, image or whatever.
qwerky

Re: Hidden bar with icon

Post by qwerky »

meweaver wrote: March 17th, 2019, 12:46 am I had some help in another section with in the forums. I want to organize my desktop better.

Okay, I have been watching some videos and reading somethings on your website. I know what I would like to do, even if I have to create one at a time. First, of all the what size does the png icon have to be (I can readjust the image if I have to)? Second, I want to make a button (icon) where you can mouse-hover over it, bar slides out and tells you what program it is and you can click on it to start that program.

Can someone give me an example how to do this. All the one's I have seen use the Honeycomb affect. I am not looking for that kind of affect.

Thanks
Funny you should ask, because just yesterday I saw some examples of this in the ActionTimer plugin documentation. Click that link, then go down to the bottom of the page, and click Download to install the ActionTimer examples. The one called SlideApps does exactly what you are asking; it is very minimalist, but is an example you can use to learn and build on, add your own icons, etc. The ones called SlideToolbar and ToolBar may also be interesting to you.