It is currently March 28th, 2024, 3:27 pm

Skin for OSX

General topics related to Rainmeter.
Emanuele-1998

Skin for OSX

Post by Emanuele-1998 »

Please release rainmeter for OSX. And is there something similar for osx?
Attachments
ABA1EEB9-D5EF-458A-90AD-54F72B5F4E3F.MOV
(1.32 MiB) Downloaded 577 times
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Re: Skin for OSX

Post by balala »

Emanuele-1998 wrote: March 16th, 2019, 9:48 am Please release rainmeter for OSX. And is there something similar for osx?
No, there is not.
And probably nor will be.
jsmorley
Developer

Post by jsmorley »

Emanuele-1998

Post by Emanuele-1998 »

jsmorley
Developer

Post by jsmorley »

Emanuele-1998 wrote: March 16th, 2019, 1:05 pm Where is skin of GeekTool?
Geektool is an application, similar (but not very) to Rainmeter, that is for the OSX operating system. Please search for Geektool on Google to find out anything more about it, it really has nothing to do with these forums.
Emanuele-1998

Post by Emanuele-1998 »

jsmorley wrote: March 16th, 2019, 1:07 pm Geektool is an application, similar (but not very) to Rainmeter, that is for the OSX operating system. Please search for Geektool on Google to find out anything more about it, it really has nothing to do with these forums.
Ok, will you ever go out by osx ?
jsmorley
Developer

Post by jsmorley »

Emanuele-1998 wrote: March 16th, 2019, 1:35 pm Ok, will you ever go out by osx ?
No.

First off, it would have to be a re-write of virtually every line of Rainmeter code, to support OSX. Second, the "walled-garden" nature of Apple's software just won't allow the kind of intrusive interactions that any useful implementation would require. Third, OSX has something like a 6.7% market share of operating systems world-wide, and while we would be fine with making both of you happy, it isn't going to happen.

There are no plans to attempt to port Rainmeter to OSX or Android.
Emanuele-1998

Post by Emanuele-1998 »

jsmorley wrote: March 16th, 2019, 1:39 pm No.

First off, it would have to be a re-write of virtually every line of Rainmeter code, to support OSX. Second, the "walled-garden" nature of Apple's software just won't allow the kind of intrusive interactions that any useful implementation would require. Third, OSX has something like a 6.7% market share of operating systems world-wide, and while we would be fine with making both of you happy, it isn't going to happen.

There are no plans to attempt to port Rainmeter to OSX or Android.

I agree with the first point that the whole code must be rewritten, but for the seventh point I have not understood.

I also think that it would meet many requests from users who use it on windows.

then there is this site where there is a hypothetical but how did they do it https://www.google.it/amp/s/maconvert.wordpress.com/2015/04/29/rainmeter-mac-osx/ amp /
jsmorley
Developer

Post by jsmorley »

Emanuele-1998 wrote: March 16th, 2019, 1:48 pm I agree with the first point that the whole code must be rewritten, but for the seventh point I have not understood.

I also think that it would meet many requests from users who use it on windows.

then there is this site where there is a hypothetical but how did they do it https://www.google.it/amp/s/maconvert.wordpress.com/2015/04/29/rainmeter-mac-osx/ amp /
Anything is possible, but I've tried to answer your question as directly as as I can. There are no plans, no do I ever envision any, to port Rainmeter to either OSX, iOS or Android. That is the long and the short of it, and I'm not that interested in discussing how it might be done, since it isn't going to be.

Rainmeter is open source. Feel free to port it to OSX if you like. You can't call it "Rainmeter", as that name is ours, but you can use the code to create something that will work with Apple and distribute it. Good luck and Godspeed.
Emanuele-1998

Post by Emanuele-1998 »

jsmorley wrote: March 16th, 2019, 1:52 pm Anything is possible, but I've tried to answer your question as directly as as I can. There are no plans, no do I ever envision any, to port Rainmeter to either OSX, iOS or Android. That is the long and the short of it, and I'm not that interested in discussing how it might be done, since it isn't going to be.

Rainmeter is open source. Feel free to port it to OSX if you like. You can't call it "Rainmeter", as that name is ours, but you can use the code to create something that will work with Apple and distribute it. Good luck and Godspeed.
Thanks. For the building code in https://github.com/rainmeter/rainmeter/blob/master/Docs/Building.md

And the version of macOSx why doesn’t rename rainmeter so you have the possibility of having rainmeter also for osx