It is currently March 28th, 2024, 10:26 am

[D2D] Two small glitches with 4.3.0.3294

Backwards compatibility issues related to the conversion of Rainmeter to D2D.
rds1723

[D2D] Two small glitches with 4.3.0.3294

Post by rds1723 »

Blue Vision skin errors.jpg

I am using a skin called BlueVision_V0.2_Mod. First, the Network Upload and Download meters have a graphical glitch, with a dashed vertical line appearing at each new data point - the graphs themselves are running correctly, just the vertical dashes have now appeared. Second, the Maintenance Controls skin is loading with the controls menu expanded, and doesn't seem to want to close. Might want to look at it - seems weird the other graphs (CPU and so on) aren't showing the vertical dashes.

Ooops, make it 3 small glitches - I just noticed the Ram graph seems to have disappeared completely - it is loaded, but not displaying at all.
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Re: Two small glitches with 4.3.0.3294

Post by balala »

rds1723 wrote: March 4th, 2019, 7:40 pm I am using a skin called BlueVision_V0.2_Mod. First, the Network Upload and Download meters have a graphical glitch, with a dashed vertical line appearing at each new data point - the graphs themselves are running correctly, just the vertical dashes have now appeared.
Whenever you are posting such questions would be great if you could include a link, where the skin (suite) can be downloaded. Just not to have to search it.
Now I did a such search and found it.
However also you should have to be more precise. There are more Network Upload and Download skins. Which one are you talking about? for example there are four Network Download skins: BIG, SMALL, SWITCHABLE BIG and finally SWITCHABLE SMALL. Same for Network Upload: four skins. I tried to get the described issue, but couldn't with none of them.
rds1723 wrote: March 4th, 2019, 7:40 pm Second, the Maintenance Controls skin is loading with the controls menu expanded, and doesn't seem to want to close. Might want to look at it - seems weird the other graphs (CPU and so on) aren't showing the vertical dashes.
Have no idea which skin are you talking about. Could you be please a little bit more precise (again)?
rds1723 wrote: March 4th, 2019, 7:40 pm Ooops, make it 3 small glitches - I just noticed the Ram graph seems to have disappeared completely - it is loaded, but not displaying at all.
Me can't replicate nor this issue: whatever RAM skin am I loading, it is there, doesn't disappear. Which one is disappearing?
rds1723

Post by rds1723 »

Sorry for the lack of clarity - the version I'm using doesn't seem to have those various sizes, or if it does, I can't find them (I've been tinkering with Rainmeter for less than a week). The Network and Maintenance tools display issues are related to the hardware acceleration - turning it off solved those two. It may well be that my GPU doesn't support it. The RAM meter is an unrelated issue - it reset the x position to -1920, so it was trying to display it off screen.
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Post by balala »

rds1723 wrote: March 5th, 2019, 12:41 am the version I'm using doesn't seem to have those various sizes, or if it does, I can't find them (I've been tinkering with Rainmeter for less than a week).
I have those different sized versions, so, please post a link where the skin used by you can be downloaded. There could be two different versions of the same skin, with some differences between them.
rds1723 wrote: March 5th, 2019, 12:41 am The Network and Maintenance tools display issues are related to the hardware acceleration - turning it off solved those two. It may well be that my GPU doesn't support it.
I don't know if this applies in your case, but here is a description related to the hardware acceleration.
rds1723 wrote: March 5th, 2019, 12:41 am The RAM meter is an unrelated issue - it reset the x position to -1920, so it was trying to display it off screen.
Usually this doesn't have to happen, but if you post a link (as I asked above), we'll see.