It is currently March 28th, 2024, 4:16 pm

Roll-Down / Roll-Up Menus

Skins that don't neatly fit into other categories
ms310

Re: Roll-Down / Roll-Up Menus

Post by ms310 »

eclectic-tech wrote: March 4th, 2019, 3:47 pm Well that's totally up to the user to stylize the menu skins as they want.

I added BorderColor and HighlightColor options to the skin which allow more customizing. I also corrected text highlighting and clipping widths to match 'Scaler' settings.

The initial settings in the attachment match Win10 Widget default color and width, but that can be easily changed by editing the [Variables] section. :welcome:
Fantastic. I hate to ask. :( But. Would it make sense for IconsNoText to have a separate scaling factor for the icons? I am noticing that the text beneath the icon gets quite small as compared to the icon size.

I notice the icon size is 64 and I can see that manually changing this messes with the alignment.

Another potential enhancement - base the alignment for IconsNoText on the WIDTH. I want a very specific width to fit gadget on my desktop. If the nth icon is projected to go beyond the width then wrap to the next row. I figure this is asking a lot.

Thanks again for a great gadget!
eclectic-tech
Rainmeter Sage

Post by eclectic-tech »

ms310 wrote: March 5th, 2019, 1:28 am Fantastic. I hate to ask. :( But. Would it make sense for IconsNoText to have a separate scaling factor for the icons? I am noticing that the text beneath the icon gets quite small as compared to the icon size.

I notice the icon size is 64 and I can see that manually changing this messes with the alignment.

Another potential enhancement - base the alignment for IconsNoText on the WIDTH. I want a very specific width to fit gadget on my desktop. If the nth icon is projected to go beyond the width then wrap to the next row. I figure this is asking a lot.

Yes, I need to do a bit more to make the Icon Style work as expected with varying WIDTH (not working properly yet as you noticed) :x

And "Yes", the font size is reduced in the Icon Only to allow for less clipping of the name. If I don't reduce the font, the combined fontsize with a larger scale means even more clipping of the name. There has to be a trade off somewhere. ;-)

It may take some time to correct for varying width settings (I may need to clip the Icon version at a minimum width). You should be able to get close to any reasonable width, to match your style, using the Scaler and WIDTH variables.

Exactly what size are you trying to match?

I need more time to tinker with this... :D

UPDATED PACKAGE in first post to V1.2019.03.05 to correct Icon Only variant for response to WIDTH settings
eclectic-tech
Rainmeter Sage

Post by eclectic-tech »

ms310 wrote: March 5th, 2019, 1:28 am Another potential enhancement - base the alignment for IconsNoText on the WIDTH. I want a very specific width to fit gadget on my desktop. If the nth icon is projected to go beyond the width then wrap to the next row. I figure this is asking a lot.

Having a flexible Icon display is not something I care to look into doing. Due to 8 items being displayed in every style, this restricts how far I can push this design; 2 rows of 4 icons is pretty much "written in stone".

What I did in the skin was to use a separate scale variable in the Icon Only version which maintains the 2 X 4 arrangement and scales up/down based on the main Scaler setting.

I also added the option to open the current path by double-left-click on the Title.

Thanks for the feedback! :thumbup:

Feel free to modify this for your specific needs, but in general, I think I am going to call this done. :bow:

Attachment in first post updated with V1.2019.03.05.1
ms310

Post by ms310 »

Thank you for your efforts!
eclectic-tech
Rainmeter Sage

Post by eclectic-tech »

V 1.2019.03.10
  • Modified skin update to 50ms (with default divider of 20) and changed "Wait' time in Slider section to 10ms
  • To control the speed of the open/close action of menus, end users should modify the two 'Wait' times in the [Slider]
    ActionList1=Repeat SlideDown,10,78
    ActionList2=Repeat SlideUp,10,78
Updated attached file in first post
leo0691

Post by leo0691 »

It's so cool.It looks like Fences.
eclectic-tech
Rainmeter Sage

Post by eclectic-tech »

leo0691 wrote: March 15th, 2019, 3:07 pm It's so cool.It looks like Fences.
Thanks!

I haven't used "Fences" in years...

This is a flexible launcher skin that can mimic that arrangement, but has the icons positioned in a preset "2-Row X 4-Column" grid with multiple "pages" of icons.