It is currently December 15th, 2019, 11:44 am

JSBarometer

Post your work-in-progress and completed skins to share and discuss.
jsmorley
Developer

Re: JSBarometer

jsmorley » August 12th, 2019, 9:11 pm

Not sure what you mean by a "manual search" on that site.
eclectic-tech
Rainmeter Sage

eclectic-tech » August 13th, 2019, 1:14 am

jsmorley wrote:
August 12th, 2019, 9:11 pm
Not sure what you mean by a "manual search" on that site.
To manually locate a weather code you need to scroll down below the "Search Box" and the "Trees and Scenery" section.
There you will find a list of countries.
When you select one of those, the site will then ask you to select from a list of regions within that country.

Once you have a list of weather codes and region names, you can scroll through the list, or you can use "Ctrl+F" in your browser to find all the locations that match your criteria.
That is how I was able to get a list of all the "Fort..."s in Virginia that I posted above; the list is in order by weather code, so Fort Hunt is not with the other listed Forts, but nearer to the bottom of the list due to it's higher weather code.

As I said, it is not as simple as your WXData skin (or if the search box on that site was actually functioning) so in essence you are right to suggest an alternative method.
jsmorley
Developer

jsmorley » August 13th, 2019, 2:25 am

eclectic-tech wrote:
August 13th, 2019, 1:14 am
To manually locate a weather code you need to scroll down below the "Search Box" and the "Trees and Scenery" section.
There you will find a list of countries.
When you select one of those, the site will then ask you to select from a list of regions within that country.

Once you have a list of weather codes and region names, you can scroll through the list, or you can use "Ctrl+F" in your browser to find all the locations that match your criteria.
That is how I was able to get a list of all the "Fort..."s in Virginia that I posted above; the list is in order by weather code, so Fort Hunt is not with the other listed Forts, but nearer to the bottom of the list due to it's higher weather code.

As I said, it is not as simple as your WXData skin (or if the search box on that site was actually functioning) so in essence you are right to suggest an alternative method.
Ah, Ok. Got it.
Scott

Scott » August 29th, 2019, 8:04 am

This is perfect for people who get migraines due to barometric pressure. Thank you for this amazing tool. :thumbup:
Volga2112

Volga2112 » September 27th, 2019, 3:38 pm

Great, that will definitely help me! By the way, can it be done so that it'll display the barometric data of several places, with some of them being far away? The thing is that I was considering buying one of these houses in Greece in the near future for the holidays, and I'd like to know what's happening there when I'm at home and the other way around, thanks to home automation systems.
jsmorley
Developer

jsmorley » September 27th, 2019, 3:43 pm

Volga2112 wrote:
September 27th, 2019, 3:38 pm
Great, that will definitely help me! By the way, can it be done so that it'll display the barometric data of several places, with some of them being far away? The thing is that I was considering buying one of these houses in Greece in the near future for the holidays, and I'd like to know what's happening there when I'm at home and the other way around, thanks to home automation systems.
I really think the simplest thing is to just have more than one copy of the skin, in separate folders under the root config. Then set the location codes for each, and run the ones you want.
Pul53dr1v3r

Pul53dr1v3r » September 27th, 2019, 4:19 pm

jsmorley wrote:
August 12th, 2019, 5:04 pm
Well, my location name is "Fort Hunt, VA", and uses the weather station at "Fort Belvoir, VA", neither of which is found on that site, but are found fine in WXData.
I also can't find my location on https://weather.codes/, but in WXData, in addition to successfully found my location, it even finds some villages around.
SilverAzide

SilverAzide » September 27th, 2019, 5:45 pm

The weather.codes site can be annoying, along with the wxdata search, in that sometime you can't find a code even when it should be there. You can sometimes scrounge around and hack your way into finding codes by entering the country name (in English) at the end of the URL (all the countries are listed at the bottom of the main page, actually, no need to guess ;)).

For example, to list ALL the location codes for Greece, go to https://weather.codes/greece/. Or, https://weather.codes/united-states-of-america/. For your next vacation, visit https://weather.codes/antarctica/! :)
DeviantArt Gadgets More...
Pul53dr1v3r

Pul53dr1v3r » September 27th, 2019, 7:35 pm

SilverAzide wrote:
September 27th, 2019, 5:45 pm
If i tried to scroll down on the site, i'd see it but probably the background made me believe there is nothing beneath the trees. :ThinkingBig
However, it's a slower but good alternative. CTRL+F will always help us to save some time and eyes.
Volga2112

Volga2112 » September 30th, 2019, 2:55 pm

jsmorley wrote:
September 27th, 2019, 3:43 pm
I really think the simplest thing is to just have more than one copy of the skin, in separate folders under the root config. Then set the location codes for each, and run the ones you want.
Great, thanks, that did the trick! I can now keep going!