jsmorley wrote: January 28th, 2019, 5:31 pm I would go to

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Speech\Voices\Tokens

And delete the keys for

Microsoft Zira
Microsoft Szabolcs
Microsoft Andrei
Microsoft Mark
Microsoft David

Then start over. Carefully follow the instructions in my post above.
jsmorley wrote: January 28th, 2019, 5:23 pm I'm pretty sure that is what you did, and now you have duplicates. They can safely be removed. Keep the ones that are like Microsoft Zira Desktop, and remove the ones like Microsoft Zira.
Yes, that's exactly what I did (uh, it seems I misunderstood your reply, now re-reading it I see my mistake).
However this is what I have under HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Speech\Voices\Tokens:
  • MSTTS_V110_enUS_DavidM
  • MSTTS_V110_enUS_MarkM
  • MSTTS_V110_enUS_ZiraM
  • MSTTS_V110_hu-HU_Szabolcs
  • MSTTS_V110_roRO_Andrei
  • TTS_MS_EN-US_DAVID_11.0
  • TTS_MS_EN-US_ZIRA_11.0
I removed MSTTS_V110_enUS_MarkM, MSTTS_V110_hu-HU_Szabolcs and MSTTS_V110_roRO_Andrei. But which Zira and which David should have to be kept and which should have to be removed? Not sure...
jsmorley
Developer

Re: Speech Plugin

Post by jsmorley »

1.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
jsmorley
Developer

Post by jsmorley »

balala wrote: January 28th, 2019, 5:38 pm Yes, that's exactly what I did (uh, it seems I misunderstood your reply, now re-reading it I see my mistake).
However this is what I have under HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Speech\Voices\Tokens:
  • MSTTS_V110_enUS_DavidM
  • MSTTS_V110_enUS_MarkM
  • MSTTS_V110_enUS_ZiraM
  • MSTTS_V110_roRO_Andrei
  • TTS_MS_EN-US_ZIRA_11.0
I removed MSTTS_V110_enUS_MarkM, MSTTS_V110_hu-HU_Szabolcs and MSTTS_V110_roRO_Andrei. But which Zira and which David should have to be kept and which should have to be removed? Not sure...
Remove Microsoft Zira and Microsoft David. Keep the ones that say "Desktop". You can check the "Name" under "Attributes".
jsmorley
Developer

Post by jsmorley »

I think you will find that

MSTTS_V110_enUS_DavidM
MSTTS_V110_enUS_ZiraM

Are the ones to delete.

I'm pretty certain it won't LET you delete the wrong one.
jsmorley
Developer

Post by jsmorley »

This is what I have now:

1.jpg

The ones in Yellow are the default voices that came with Windows 10
The one in Green is that Microsoft Eva Mobile voice I unlocked earlier
The one in Red was added when I installed the English-UK language pack.
The ones in Blue I added one at a time with this export / change / import method

And I get this:

2.jpg

And they all work.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Post by balala »

Ok, I did again what you've described. Now I have the following entries in HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Speech\Voices\Tokens:
  • TTS_MS_EN-US_ZIRA_11.0
but unfortunately Szabolcs still doesn't want to speak.
Voices2.png
jsmorley
Developer

Post by jsmorley »

balala wrote: January 28th, 2019, 6:18 pm Ok, I did again what you've described. Now I have the following entries in HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Speech\Voices\Tokens:
  • TTS_MS_EN-US_ZIRA_11.0
but unfortunately Szabolcs still doesn't want to speak.
Voices2.png
Bummer. It may be that Szabolcs is just not compatible with system.speech.synthesizer(). I would just remove it from that Registry area I guess. No point in having it show up in the list if it won't work.

Before you do though, try restarting your PC, then exit and restart Rainmeter a couple of times. I have found that there is some "lag" between the time these changes are made and they start working correctly.
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Post by balala »

jsmorley wrote: January 28th, 2019, 6:21 pm Before you do though, try restarting your PC, then exit and restart Rainmeter a couple of times. I have found that there is some "lag" between the time these changes are made and they start working correctly.
Ok, I'll do this right now. Let's see if this helps.
But first I'll try to export / import Andrei as well. I'm curious.
Will be back immediately I find something.
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Post by balala »

jsmorley wrote: January 28th, 2019, 6:21 pm Before you do though, try restarting your PC, then exit and restart Rainmeter a couple of times. I have found that there is some "lag" between the time these changes are made and they start working correctly.
That's it. This is what had to be done. After restarting the computer and five (!!!) restarts of Rainmeter, now both have started to talk. :thumbup: Andrei (the Romanian guy) is less accurate then Szabolcs (the Hungarian guy), but anyway both are talking and are understandable.
However I think this is not a viable route on a skin which I'd like to distribute. I suppose can't tell an average user to make all those actions needed to make a non-English voice to speak. But at least was fun for me to make it.
Thank you for all help given over today. Much appreciated.
jsmorley
Developer

Post by jsmorley »

balala wrote: January 28th, 2019, 6:43 pm That's it. This is what had to be done. After restarting the computer and five (!!!) restarts of Rainmeter, now both have started to talk. :thumbup: Andrei (the Romanian guy) is less accurate then Szabolcs (the Hungarian guy), but anyway both are talking and are understandable.
However I think this is not a viable route on a skin which I'd like to distribute. I suppose can't tell an average user to make all those actions needed to make a non-English voice to speak. But at least was fun for me to make it.
Thank you for all help given over today. Much appreciated.
Outstanding!
Afacere buna!

No, this won't be helpful for distributing a skin that is language-aware. Most users would rightfully run screaming if you tried to tell them how to get a particular voice installed and working.

What I'm looking to do is add the ability to enumerate the voices into an array, so I can add an option like Index=1, or Index=4, and the user can just try installed voices until they get one they like.